Any Recommendations for Restaurants in Juan Dolio?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
located in "Old Juan Dolio"? I know all the restaurants in the "New " part so not really in this information but I believe there are some restaurants located in the older part. Quite a while back someone recommended one to me and as I recall it was associated with a small hotel and a private beach. I think? Since lost contact with this person.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Well johne, Don Pedro is more a Bar then a restaurant, they make fried fish with tostones and some Burgers. The most Restaurants in Old Juan Dolio are italian, the oldest one is El Sueno with a large selection of food. Another one is the Octopus directly on the beach. There is a austrian Guy (Carlos) who owns over 25 years the Cacique Bar, he served german food and Beers and I remember all Sunday BBQ. Playa del Sol is another choice, it was owned by a american guy but I think he sold it, for me the most adorable restaurant in old JD with nice sea view and the most important clean bathroom (in that time I visit it)
But all of them don't reach the quality from the restaurants that you know like the spanish or the argentinian. But try some of them above and make your own experience.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and johne

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Well johne, Don Pedro is more a Bar then a restaurant, they make fried fish with tostones and some Burgers. The most Restaurants in Old Juan Dolio are italian, the oldest one is El Sueno with a large selection of food. Another one is the Octopus directly on the beach. There is a austrian Guy (Carlos) who owns over 25 years the Cacique Bar, he served german food and Beers and I remember all Sunday BBQ. Playa del Sol is another choice, it was owned by a american guy but I think he sold it, for me the most adorable restaurant in old JD with nice sea view and the most important clean bathroom (in that time I visit it)
But all of them don't reach the quality from the restaurants that you know like the spanish or the argentinian. But try some of them above and make your own experience.
I remember El Sueño. That used to be really good. Maybe still is.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and kanson

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
El Sueño was still fairly good in September.

I also liked the food at Cafe Del Sol when we used to go, but I haven’t been there recently.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
From time to time I enjoy some bbq off the grill.
While enjoying some bbq chicken I felt a sharp pain in my cheek.
Reached in and pulled a wire about one inch long that was embedded in my cheek.
Must have come from the wire brush that cleans the grill.
Since the wire is stainless steel swallowing the spine could cause real gastric problems.
My desire for bbq is greatly diminished.

located in "Old Juan Dolio"? I know all the restaurants in the "New " part so not really in this information but I believe there are some restaurants located in the older part. Quite a while back someone recommended one to me and as I recall it was associated with a small hotel and a private beach. I think? Since lost contact with this person.
Restaurant Da Oreste is the best. You have also El Sueño, Paladart who are very good. Paladart is in front of Banco Popular and is an Argentine Restaurant. Take the mixed grill meat plate. El Sueño is 300 meters from Plaza Oasis. You have there also near Plaza Oasis. El Rincon de l Cacique From Carlos Karl .He have good quality and cheap prices

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Restaurant Da Oreste is the best. You have also El Sueño, Paladart who are very good. Paladart is in front of Banco Popular and is an Argentine Restaurant. Take the mixed grill meat plate. El Sueño is 300 meters from Plaza Oasis. You have there also near Plaza Oasis. El Rincon de l Cacique From Carlos Karl .He have good quality and cheap prices
Paladart has my vote for best Juan Dolio restaurant.