Any tips for mom in SD?

cocoamama

Sep 6, 2011
We recently moved to SD and I'm looking for some tips about navigating the city with a baby. We are near the Piantini (Acropolis) area. Is it necessary to have a car or driver here? We only have 1 car here, which my husband uses for work, so my preferred method of traveling is to walk - but I don't want to make myself a target walking around each day if that isn't the norm. Thanks for your help!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Walking is good, if you have a pram the pavements are terrible so expect to do a lot of carrying. Find a reliable taxi, use him for a few weeks regularly, then start working the price so you are paying less for regular use. When we lived in the central Cap we found a guy who would run us anywhere for 100pesos, we did use him every day, sometimes twice a day, but if you can strike up with a good guy it is a good saving once he knows he is the only one for you.

Chirimoya

Moderator - East Coast Forum
Dec 9, 2002
Most things are within walking distance from Piantini but the traffic and the state of the pavements (sidewalks) does not make for a safe, pleasant or healthy experience.