Anybody ever heard of this?

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Casa de Campo (?Teeth of the Dog?)

This is an actual translation from a publicity paragraph, and I'm just wondering if anybody who knows about this area can figure out where in the world this translation could have come from?

I don't know everything there is to know about Spanish, but I think mine is good enough to disagree with the translation.

mk
confusedly speaking

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
you sure you read that it was a translation? usually, the 2 are together when discussing that area because the golf course "Teeth of the Dog" is world famous and it is within the resort Casa de Campo.

maybe it was just grammatical error where writer shouldn't have put parentheses around Teeth.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think JanH is right. Among golfers and golfing fans, Teeth of the Dog is famous and, for some, almost synonomous with Casa de Campo.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Casa de Campo is the name of the RESORT. The name for Pete Dyes materpiece of a golf course is "diente de perro" (might not be complete) or Teeth of the dog. RUFF RUFF!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What they said

The resort is Casa de Campo --Country House

The Pete Dye "materpiece is the Diente de Perro Course at Casa de Campo. There is also the Links Course and the new one...all by Dye...

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks guys.
It didn't mention "diente de perro" anywhere. So, I think they're a little nuts for implying it was a translation for Casa de Campo.
And maybe I'm a little nuts for not knowing about famous golf courses.
Thanks again!
mk