Anyone Driving A Honda CRV?????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My wife has found a 2009 Honda CRV she wants to buy.
I told her to bring me the "VIN"# so I can check it out on "Carfax".
I also told her to go to "La Colonial", and "Universal" and see what "Seguro FULL" costs.
I think "Universal" is the best.
Any experience/reviews of those insurance companies.
Don,t know if it's a 4 or 6 cylinder motor.
Any experience with either size motor?
Thank You!
Cris Colon

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
with have car insurance with colonial. all the claims so far has been dealt with in a timely manner.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I also told her to go to "La Colonial", and "Universal" and see what "Seguro FULL" costs.
Thank You!
Cris Colon

CRVs are usually 4 cylinders..

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thank You!
Cris Colon

CRV's only come with a 4 cylinder and the 2009 version is up a few horsepower from the 2006 version. Engines are very, very reliable as is the rest of the car. Easy to park but not an off-road vehicle. I have MAFRE insurance, full coverage 38,000 per year but since I haven't had any accidents or claims I have no idea how good the insurance is.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
can't say much about the insurance but for reliability you can't beat the Honda CR-V....it's easy to maneuver, has an extremely short turning radius and it just keeps going....I have an 1998 version back in the states that I'm going to drive until the wheels fall off. It's been the most reliable car for me EVER. They only come in 4 cyl. version btw.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I have both Universal (4 years) and Colonial (2 years). I had to use Universal once, they are very organized and everything worked out well. Thankfully I've never needed to use La Colonial, but they sure have a more personalized customer service, Universal is more corporate style.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning Mr. CCCC, I have a 2007 RAV4 and Full costs about $38,000 with Colonial. I would recomend going directly to the provider and not using an agent to make positive you are covered. Look closely at the policy because some stuff you may not need/want.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
VERY good point "Santiago"!
NEVER use an "Agent"!
They have been known to take your money,but never pay the insurer.
You will not know until you need to file a claim.
The CRV my wife saw was 870 thousand pesos.
I checked "Supercarros.com".
They run from about 750 thousand to 890 thousand.
They offered her 370 in trade for her 2006 Honda Accord.
I prefer a Toyota Sienna "Mini-Van", they are about 200 thousand pesos less, but "Vanidad Dominicano" means Dominicans want a "Jepeta", never a "GuaGua"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The CRV my wife saw was 870 thousand pesos.
They offered her 370 in trade for her 2006 Honda Accord.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Their asking price for the CRV is ok, I guess they are more interested in the benefit from the eventual sale of the Accord, as they are offering at least 150k below market price. See how much the insurance quote covers. Universal only offered me 200k less than what I paid for the car.