Anyone else having problems accessing BBC Iplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Has not worked for the past 3 o 4 days from Pop anyway. It connects to the site but eventually reports "try again" and never gets past that point. thanks

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
BBCiplayer can not be streamed from outside of the UK because of the rights restrictions. You can liten to the radio and download some podcasts, but ghe rights on BBCiplayer restrict it to UK only.

Why what are you missing?

Feb 7, 2007
@No Place Like Home - I have a solution for you to watch BBC Iplayer. Please PM me your email address and I will send you an invite.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
A bit mysterious, some progammes on BBC are working, eg.Escape to the Country and some not eg Horizon. You can watch nearly all BBC programmes
from here. Have a look at the Firefox web page, they are advertising an Add-On called Media-Hint it used to be free but now it's just over 3 pounds a month, not sure how it works but I think it tells the BBC that you are in London, UK.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Android TV BOx

We have been playing around with an Android TV Box and various apps.
One ("Watch TV Live") has several BBC programmes (BBC 1, BBC News, BBC2, BBC 4 and other British channels).
Your internet needs to be fast enough to avoid 'freezing'.

donP

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
You can watch all BBC channels live streaming here for free, no download necessary, some annoying pop ups but as soon as you get used to it you can avoid the pop ups by closing out the boxes that hover over the screen. I use this site all the time to watch various different channels and have watched every Formula 1 race for the last 2 years on this site, (Sky Formula One channel). Enjoy!

Watch BBC ONE Live Tv Stream Free Online | Time 4 Tv

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If you know anyone with Sky or if you have it in the UK, they/you can add 2 people/devices to thier/your account free and watch Sky (inc the terrextrial channels BBC ITV CH4 CH5 etc) on anything, anywhere for free. You just need to add the SKY GO free app and off you go, full use. Watch at will n all that.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I appreciate that BBC provides excellent jounalism. It was entertainment that I was craving.
I would never rely on AFN as a news source. Its just that at the time one got homesick even for the crap that was provided.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Has not worked for the past 3 o 4 days from Pop anyway. It connects to the site but eventually reports "try again" and never gets past that point. thanks

I backedup Media Hint, in case I lose it. Otherwise a new download would cost. You can also use Hola free of charge.

So he asks a question, gets a dozen or so replies, then (kind of) answers the question himself.

Peculiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.