Nov 2, 2006
Yes, gas is expensive.....
But it’s a small island

I doubt many put on the miles here like they do in Canada or the USA
You really get annual mileage there.

Like CB... I’ll take the comfort and safety for the little bit of extra gas

My new M-UX is the diesel... much better gas than the the Suzuki XL7

What's an M-UX?

Scratch that, just Googled it. Isuzu. Nice ride.

it aint that small, this island. Five hours drive POP to PUJ without stopping. Nothing is just around the corner for many people. you normally have to drive somewhere, even for a pint of milk!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What's an M-UX?

Scratch that, just Googled it. Isuzu. Nice ride.

it aint that small, this island. Five hours drive POP to PUJ without stopping. Nothing is just around the corner for many people. you normally have to drive somewhere, even for a pint of milk!

the MUX is a DMax pickup with a cabin. that tells you it will last forever...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
size is all a perspective.

My US to Canada trip is +/- 10 hrs

from my Cdn house to Montreal is about the same.

I say - not many Dominicans drive from Cab/Sos to Punta Cana
certainly , I don't

Yes , an hour for me to Playero - dentist -
2 hrs to Sto Dom...
and I do it regularly

The Euros can never believe how far we NoAmericans travel regularly--
120 miles for a lunch - and return??? Unheard of !!

Roads are better... travel is easier

Jan 9, 2004
size is all a perspective.

My US to Canada trip is +/- 10 hrs

from my Cdn house to Montreal is about the same.

I say - not many Dominicans drive from Cab/Sos to Punta Cana
certainly , I don't

Yes , an hour for me to Playero - dentist -
2 hrs to Sto Dom...
and I do it regularly

The Euros can never believe how far we NoAmericans travel regularly--
120 miles for a lunch - and return??? Unheard of !!

Roads are better... travel is easier

Yes, size is all perspective;

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/56/6c/61566cbf9b474ce6701c191822367898.png

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They used to make those in London Ontario -- not Caterpillar , another brand....
TEREX maybe

Really big machines.....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The Toyota Rush is interesting.

yes, but why not wait a few years until they iron out the wrinkles? you do not want to be among the guinea pig buyers.

there are several great options which are well suited for this country. i know it is your money, but a proven quantity is always a good idea.

ejl293

May 29, 2012
yes, but why not wait a few years until they iron out the wrinkles? you do not want to be among the guinea pig buyers.

there are several great options which are well suited for this country. i know it is your money, but a proven quantity is always a good idea.

I am under the impression that the Rush is not a new model. Just new to this market. What do you suggest?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am under the impression that the Rush is not a new model. Just new to this market. What do you suggest?

i am not sure what your actual needs are. if i had a better idea, i could recommend something. for example, i just had a client last week who needed 4 by 4, and third row seating. not many options beyond Hyundai Grand Santa Fe, Nissan Pathfinder, a few Toyotas, Nissan Patrol, Hyundai Terracan, Suzuki XL7...

i would hesitate to speak on the Rush..i know less about it than i do about the Nissan Kicks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
seems to go back to the 90's..... but being introduced to new markets as we type....
==============================================================

Indonesia – Toyota Rush is an old name for the Indonesian auto market, as the car has been running down the country’s roads since 1997. Back then, its distinguishing looks were both liked and criticised by the customers and auto junkies, but eventually, Rush was able to convert all the negatives into positives. This we can say without a doubt, from its strong market presence and Toyota’s mood to not replace its money churner anytime soon. Rush’s strong aura is not only limited to the Indonesian market alone, but it further spreads across to other Asian and Western countries such as Malaysia, India, China, Japan, Chile, Turkey, Germany, Venezuela, Australia and more.

Thus, taking its success and impressive appeal in mind, we decided to do a full-fledged article for the car. This article will give you interesting facts, the generations and its pros and cons. So, read on if you really want to know the secret behind Rush’s ‘steep rush’ technique on the sales chart.
Interesting facts

Now, every car has some interesting facts attached to its past, present and future. Knowing those facts gives one some idea about its market standing and repo over the period of time. Here are some facts on Rush:

Toyota Rush and Daihatsu Terios are same cars, sold under different brand names.
Initially, Daihatsu Terios came into the picture in the year 1997 and later Rush came following it.
2nd generation Rush was developed and manufactured in collaboration between Toyota and Daihatsu.
Initially, Rush was a five-seater car, it was later in its life course that it was transformed into a seven-seater family car.
There is no known record of Toyota Rush being ever recalled.
Indonesian market was recently graced by a facelifted version of Rush, tagged as 2016 Toyota Rush.
A TRD version of Rush was on display at the 2016 Indonesia International Motor Show.
Toyota Rush falls under the mini sports utility vehicle category.

Generations

Over its eighteen years of tenure, Toyota has introduced two generations of Rush that have been explained below :
First-Generation

As mentioned before, Rush was introduced in the year 1997. Back then, it was available in 5-door estate form and was called Terios Kid (Toyota Cami is another name), with its supply restricted to the Japanese market. In the year 2000, the car received its first mid-cycle facelift. This facelift version carried prominent changes both on the exterior and interior front.

Talking about its international presence, the car was available with different names in different countries. For example, it was manufactured by Perodua and was sold under the name Perodua Kembara in Malaysia.

In India, the same car was manufactured by Premier Automobiles Limited and was sold under the name Premier RiO which was later re-badged as Zotye Nomad.

China had the most interesting story of all, here the car was initially available in two forms, one was its unauthorised version from Mitsubishi (Zotye 2008) and the other one was sold by FAW (Huali Terios).

Talking about Indonesia, it was sold under the name Daihatsu Taruna.
Second Generation

After eight years of its market existence, Toyota Rush came up with its second-generation model in 2005. Likewise, Daihatsu Terios also underwent some substantial changes both in its exterior and interior profile. The very first glimpse of new Rush came in the form of a concept, tagged under the name Daihatsu D-Concept 4X4 at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show.

It was only after a year of its first showcasing in Japan that Rush went under production phase that was again accompanied by a big change. From now onwards, the car was built in two seating configurations – a 5-seater and 7-seater. It was also now 200 mm wider than its previous form.

Japanese market received the new version under the name Daihatsu Be Go, while it was introduced as Rush in the European, Asian and South American markets.

Talking specifically about Indonesian market, it was in December 2006 that our market was bestowed with new versions of both Rush and Terios. The only difference they had was in seating configuration (Rush in 5 seating and Terios in 7 seating configuration) along with some exterior design change. It was only in the year 2008 that company started offering a seven-seater Toyota Rush in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia.
All-new Toyota Rush

A facelifted version of Toyota Rush was recently unveiled in the Indonesian market. The car is now available in six variants and is priced between Rp 233 million to Rp 262.45 million. The all-new Rush is embedded with some great exterior revisions like – redesigned bumper, carbon-fiber finish grille, projector headlamps, taillight with LED and smoked lens, and 16-inch alloy wheels (top variant). Revisions are not just limited to exterior end, as Rush interior gets a whole new look and feel with features like redesigned instrument cluster, DIN CD player with 6 speaker, new seat upholstery and stylish second-row headrests. Under the hood, resides a 1.5L VVT-i 4-CYL gasoline mill, generating a maximum output of 109 PS @ 6000 rpm along with peak torque rating of 141 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. The said mill is coupled with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox that help it transmit power to the rear wheels.
Pros & Cons of buying Toyota Rush
PROS

Great exterior design language – Toyota Rush is known for its bold yet fresh design language that never fails to make an impression. Moreover, the facelifted version has impressive features like projector headlamps, dual-tone grille, LED taillights and more that makes it no less than a head turner.
Spacing is never an issue – Rush not only offers great boot space but also grants impressive headroom and legroom, allowing occupants to take long journeys at ease.
Good Visibility – This one’s for the driver, Toyota Rush is designed in such a way that it gives the driver a great view of the road ahead.

CONS

Automatic Transmission is not smooth – Toyota Rush has been criticised to have a sluggish automatic gearbox, thus making the driver feel uncomfortable on various occasions.
Lack of power and pickup – Another set of problem with Rush is its incapability to quench driver’s power need. Also, the car’s pickup doesn’t feel strong and well coordinated.

This article is presented to you by GIV’s content partner, Oto.
About Oto
OTO is the one stop solution for auto enthusiasts in Indonesia. It helps you remain updated with the latest happenings in the auto sector with the news section. Along with this, you can browse cars, compare them, check their specifications, view offers, browse photos and videos, view dealers nearby and a lot of other things so that you can select the best suitable car for you easily. Website: http://www.oto.com Social Media Profiles: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialOto Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOfficialOto Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCioYJKsxIdoGhUoOjLXIJ8w
Previous Story
Full Time Police, Part-Time Garbage Entrepreneur
Next Story
Industry Players Demand Transparency in Halal Certification Regulation Drafting
Related Articles
Luxury Hotels with Budget Price in Indonesia
Jakarta Governors from Time to Time
5 Top Diving and Snorkeling Sites in Indonesia
Jakarta: the City of Statues
Leave a Reply
Name
Email
Website

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
seems to go back to the 90's..... but being introduced to new markets as we type....
==============================================================

Indonesia – Toyota Rush is an old name for the Indonesian auto market, as the car has been running down the country’s roads since 1997. Back then, its distinguishing looks were both liked and criticised by the customers and auto junkies, but eventually, Rush was able to convert all the negatives into positives. This we can say without a doubt, from its strong market presence and Toyota’s mood to not replace its money churner anytime soon. Rush’s strong aura is not only limited to the Indonesian market alone, but it further spreads across to other Asian and Western countries such as Malaysia, India, China, Japan, Chile, Turkey, Germany, Venezuela, Australia and more.

Thus, taking its success and impressive appeal in mind, we decided to do a full-fledged article for the car. This article will give you interesting facts, the generations and its pros and cons. So, read on if you really want to know the secret behind Rush’s ‘steep rush’ technique on the sales chart.
Interesting facts

Now, every car has some interesting facts attached to its past, present and future. Knowing those facts gives one some idea about its market standing and repo over the period of time. Here are some facts on Rush:

Toyota Rush and Daihatsu Terios are same cars, sold under different brand names.
Initially, Daihatsu Terios came into the picture in the year 1997 and later Rush came following it.
2nd generation Rush was developed and manufactured in collaboration between Toyota and Daihatsu.
Initially, Rush was a five-seater car, it was later in its life course that it was transformed into a seven-seater family car.
There is no known record of Toyota Rush being ever recalled.
Indonesian market was recently graced by a facelifted version of Rush, tagged as 2016 Toyota Rush.
A TRD version of Rush was on display at the 2016 Indonesia International Motor Show.
Toyota Rush falls under the mini sports utility vehicle category.

Generations

Over its eighteen years of tenure, Toyota has introduced two generations of Rush that have been explained below :
First-Generation

As mentioned before, Rush was introduced in the year 1997. Back then, it was available in 5-door estate form and was called Terios Kid (Toyota Cami is another name), with its supply restricted to the Japanese market. In the year 2000, the car received its first mid-cycle facelift. This facelift version carried prominent changes both on the exterior and interior front.

Talking about its international presence, the car was available with different names in different countries. For example, it was manufactured by Perodua and was sold under the name Perodua Kembara in Malaysia.

In India, the same car was manufactured by Premier Automobiles Limited and was sold under the name Premier RiO which was later re-badged as Zotye Nomad.

China had the most interesting story of all, here the car was initially available in two forms, one was its unauthorised version from Mitsubishi (Zotye 2008) and the other one was sold by FAW (Huali Terios).

Talking about Indonesia, it was sold under the name Daihatsu Taruna.
Second Generation

After eight years of its market existence, Toyota Rush came up with its second-generation model in 2005. Likewise, Daihatsu Terios also underwent some substantial changes both in its exterior and interior profile. The very first glimpse of new Rush came in the form of a concept, tagged under the name Daihatsu D-Concept 4X4 at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show.

It was only after a year of its first showcasing in Japan that Rush went under production phase that was again accompanied by a big change. From now onwards, the car was built in two seating configurations – a 5-seater and 7-seater. It was also now 200 mm wider than its previous form.

Japanese market received the new version under the name Daihatsu Be Go, while it was introduced as Rush in the European, Asian and South American markets.

Talking specifically about Indonesian market, it was in December 2006 that our market was bestowed with new versions of both Rush and Terios. The only difference they had was in seating configuration (Rush in 5 seating and Terios in 7 seating configuration) along with some exterior design change. It was only in the year 2008 that company started offering a seven-seater Toyota Rush in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia.
All-new Toyota Rush

A facelifted version of Toyota Rush was recently unveiled in the Indonesian market. The car is now available in six variants and is priced between Rp 233 million to Rp 262.45 million. The all-new Rush is embedded with some great exterior revisions like – redesigned bumper, carbon-fiber finish grille, projector headlamps, taillight with LED and smoked lens, and 16-inch alloy wheels (top variant). Revisions are not just limited to exterior end, as Rush interior gets a whole new look and feel with features like redesigned instrument cluster, DIN CD player with 6 speaker, new seat upholstery and stylish second-row headrests. Under the hood, resides a 1.5L VVT-i 4-CYL gasoline mill, generating a maximum output of 109 PS @ 6000 rpm along with peak torque rating of 141 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. The said mill is coupled with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox that help it transmit power to the rear wheels.
Pros & Cons of buying Toyota Rush
PROS

Great exterior design language – Toyota Rush is known for its bold yet fresh design language that never fails to make an impression. Moreover, the facelifted version has impressive features like projector headlamps, dual-tone grille, LED taillights and more that makes it no less than a head turner.
Spacing is never an issue – Rush not only offers great boot space but also grants impressive headroom and legroom, allowing occupants to take long journeys at ease.
Good Visibility – This one’s for the driver, Toyota Rush is designed in such a way that it gives the driver a great view of the road ahead.

CONS

Automatic Transmission is not smooth – Toyota Rush has been criticised to have a sluggish automatic gearbox, thus making the driver feel uncomfortable on various occasions.
Lack of power and pickup – Another set of problem with Rush is its incapability to quench driver’s power need. Also, the car’s pickup doesn’t feel strong and well coordinated.

This article is presented to you by GIV’s content partner, Oto.
About Oto
OTO is the one stop solution for auto enthusiasts in Indonesia. It helps you remain updated with the latest happenings in the auto sector with the news section. Along with this, you can browse cars, compare them, check their specifications, view offers, browse photos and videos, view dealers nearby and a lot of other things so that you can select the best suitable car for you easily. Website: http://www.oto.com Social Media Profiles: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialOto Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOfficialOto Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCioYJKsxIdoGhUoOjLXIJ8w
Previous Story
Full Time Police, Part-Time Garbage Entrepreneur
Next Story
Industry Players Demand Transparency in Halal Certification Regulation Drafting
Related Articles
Luxury Hotels with Budget Price in Indonesia
Jakarta Governors from Time to Time
5 Top Diving and Snorkeling Sites in Indonesia
Jakarta: the City of Statues
Leave a Reply
Name
Email
Website

Daihatsus are indestructible. you cannot kill them. that having been said, there are far better options out there than a Terios..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Daihatsus are indestructible. you cannot kill them. that having been said, there are far better options out there than a Terios..

Ahhhhhhhhhh,,,,, no so sure I agree with ya on that one. For the price you can't beat them.

I've got a Terios as a messenger vehicle for work that just keeps going. Still looks good too.

I bought a Sirion new back in 2000 for the other half, and we kept it for 14 years. Still looked like new and sold it for top dollar.

Really boils down to what kind of driver you are and how well you take care of them.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhh,,,,, no so sure I agree with ya on that one. For the price you can't beat them.

I've got a Terios as a messenger vehicle for work that just keeps going. Still looks good too.

I bought a Sirion new back in 2000 for the other half, and we kept it for 14 years. Still looked like new and sold it for top dollar.

Really boils down to what kind of driver you are and how well you take care of them.

actually, JD, i am in agreement with you. the Terios is a tank. Daihatsu makes commercial vehicles, first and foremost. it is no wonder their passenger offerings are bullet proof

what i meant is that on an overall basis, such as ride, comfort, aesthetics, etc, other vehicles, like a Santa Fe, have a leg up..

besides, you are legendary for your ability to take good care of a car...

ejl293

May 29, 2012
i am not sure what your actual needs are. if i had a better idea, i could recommend something. for example, i just had a client last week who needed 4 by 4, and third row seating. not many options beyond Hyundai Grand Santa Fe, Nissan Pathfinder, a few Toyotas, Nissan Patrol, Hyundai Terracan, Suzuki XL7...

i would hesitate to speak on the Rush..i know less about it than i do about the Nissan Kicks.

I like the Toyota name first of all. Second the gas mileage. I am not so worried about the lack of oomph, as I am a very cautious driver here. The third row would not be used by me, or at least I don't think so. Car looks good and the price is good for a car down here. Any suggestions welcome.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I like the Toyota name first of all. Second the gas mileage. I am not so worried about the lack of oomph, as I am a very cautious driver here. The third row would not be used by me, or at least I don't think so. Car looks good and the price is good for a car down here. Any suggestions welcome.

I like it for exactly the same reasons. Toyota haven't built a bad car for decades. And with a Toyota badge on the front grille, it has more status than a Bentley in this country. And certainly hold its value better.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I like it for exactly the same reasons. Toyota haven't built a bad car for decades. And with a Toyota badge on the front grille, it has more status than a Bentley in this country. And certainly hold its value better.

can't argue with that. hey, you can get a brand new one for 30k...