Anyone know a taxi driver that can take me from POP to Santiago?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
So you're suggesting that it would be unlikely to find a taxi driver willing to charge $1000RD? What price should I go for then?

Sorry, I honestly don?t know, as I have always used Metro or driven, I was merely saying that if a driver is willing to take you to Santiago and back for the same rate as to the airport just outside the city, I would think twice the offer...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I said SDQ. I didn't say taxi driver.

Then I misunderstood what "it" meant as you mentioned POP-Santiago as well. I understood that the topic was taxi, as that you mentioned in your post. Of course other methods of transportation are cheaper. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
From what I have seen and heard , $45 one way is the absolute MIN you can negotiate down to , and this includes the time I saw an expat with
2 friends he just made on the plane, and the Taxi guy would go for no less than $45/ EACH, and that was like well over a year ago ... I always take the Bus, only Metro before, but now I also like Caribe as their schedule is more flexible for me.
But i would love to hear someone negotiated less than $45 usd one way, that would be a first. so yes, 2 mil is about right.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
From what I have seen and heard , $45 one way is the absolute MIN you can negotiate down to , and this includes the time I saw an expat with
2 friends he just made on the plane, and the Taxi guy would go for no less than $45/ EACH, and that was like well over a year ago ... I always take the Bus, only Metro before, but now I also like Caribe as their schedule is more flexible for me.
But i would love to hear someone negotiated less than $45 usd one way, that would be a first. so yes, 2 mil is about right.

I have done it for 1700, but only for friends that I have known for a long time.
Der Fish

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Take a motoconcho, that will be your best deal...

JJ

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
I need to get from Sti to Sosua next month, i am getting quotes of $100.00 US one way, so glad i found this thread. I would gladly pay $45.00 i don't need to come back as i am flying home out of POP. This Caribe bus, will they allow me to drag my luggage on this thing?