Anyone traveling about ?

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I had a friend come up from Santiago Tuesday over the moca mountain pass. He was ordered (already halfway here :-( to turn around and go back to Santiago. The savior of PP really ruined it for everyone ....

Reactions: drstock

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
here a first, I was on the beach INSIDE SeaHorse Ranch (as most know, private) and a helicopter flew over and ordered me off (it was only me). What a waste when you think what happened in PP last week :-(

• Wow
Reactions: slowmo

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I just tried to go from Cabarete through Sabaneta. A long line waiting to pass through the police checkpoint at la Cruz de Sabaneta and when I got there I was told that nobody could pass to go anywhere until Monday. They weren't interested in hearing my reason to pass and I had to turn back, although I did see a few vehicles going through - presumably "essential" travellers or somebody's friend. My advice - save your time and don't try it this week.
you didnt try the $200 peso trick?

Reactions: nrml

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I had a friend come up from Santiago Tuesday over the moca mountain pass. He was ordered (already halfway here :-( to turn around and go back to Santiago. The savior of PP really ruined it for everyone ....
thursday a checkpoint at the tunnel coming from Santiago. Long wait. Big coronal from Santo Domingo was there. He/They said no one can go to puerto plata tomorrow

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
here a first, I was on the beach INSIDE SeaHorse Ranch (as most know, private) and a helicopter flew over and ordered me off (it was only me). What a waste when you think what happened in PP last week :-(
And yet the beach, away from trash and people, is the least likely place to encounter the virus. The ocean washes it as high tide every day

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I went last Sunday Santiago - Santo Domingo - San Jose de Los Llanos, only one control post on Autopista Duarte, was not checked.

Went back another route to avoid traffic jam at the peaje on Autopista Duarte, where they did check everybody leaving Santo Domingo.

So I traveled from San Jose de Los Llanos to the new circunvalacion trying to get behind Pedro Brand to reach Autopista Duarte close to the Esso station to avoid the toll station. (one police stop on that part but no problem). Well, at least that was the plan. Damn maps lost it and I got lost and decided to go via Cotui and Fantino to reach Autopista Duarte before La Vega.

It was a nice country trip, many shops open, even saw people sipping beer in a cafeteria, there was no feeling of any coronavirus or emergency at all.

3 control posts on the way, was stopped once, no problem too.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
I drove to Costambar from Santiago at the height of this crazy lock down...on Wednesday April 15th and Friday April 17th...on the 15th I went alone...no control post anywhere...on the beach saw maybe 3 to 4 people...felt strange cause the beach was so desolate but went in the water and had my coor's and a peaceful moment...on the 17th trip I went with a buddy of mine from NY...again no controls anywhere...a policia nacional patrol jeepeta came by and get this both cops sat with us for about half and hour and chatted with us with no mention at all about the beach curfew...I offered them coor's but they refuse...my buddy gave them about 200 pesos...we hit the water, finished our beers and back to Santiago to make the 5:00 PM curfew at that time...can't be any safer than an empty beach, great sea water and strong breeze...nice...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I drove to Costambar from Santiago at the height of this crazy lock down...on Wednesday April 15th and Friday April 17th...on the 15th I went alone...no control post anywhere...on the beach saw maybe 3 to 4 people...felt strange cause the beach was so desolate but went in the water and had my coor's and a peaceful moment...on the 17th trip I went with a buddy of mine from NY...again no controls anywhere...a policia nacional patrol jeepeta came by and get this both cops sat with us for about half and hour and chatted with us with no mention at all about the beach curfew...I offered them coor's but they refuse...my buddy gave them about 200 pesos...we hit the water, finished our beers and back to Santiago to make the 5:00 PM curfew at that time...can't be any safer than an empty beach, great sea water and strong breeze...nice...

Private security for $200 DOP? Not bad, not bad at all!!

Reactions: Juan Bosch

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Y'day
Cabrera to sti -
thru Gasping Hern/Sabaneta/Moca

no police... smooth sailing
Other than the dentist visit !!:confused:o_O

Sep 22, 2009
Y'day
Cabrera to sti -
thru Gasping Hern/Sabaneta/Moca

no police... smooth sailing
Other than the dentist visit !!:confused:o_O
Well ever since the President's speech, the majority just took this as country is reopened. Expats as well. What 4 phases? Now the only thing left are the folks obsessed with a flight confirmation. I say keep on bookin! One day you may make it back. Then there's always the "new developments" that will hit soon as the election results are memorialized. Then it's back to shelter in place!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well ever since the President's speech, the majority just took this as country is reopened. Expats as well. What 4 phases? Now the only thing left are the folks obsessed with a flight confirmation. I say keep on bookin! One day you may make it back. Then there's always the "new developments" that will hit soon as the election results are memorialized. Then it's back to shelter in place!
Well not quite, I went to pay the impuestos las rentas today and the government office is still closed.

Sep 22, 2009
Well not quite, I went to pay the impuestos las rentas today and the government office is still closed.
Today in Cabarete full swing. All the puntos are open, baseball and peluquería. The mamis are even on the prowl sniffing around for fresh out of quarantine Harley mounters and THC-perfumed surfer dudes living the palm tree dream on a full lambón scholarship