Anyone Visit the Bar Listed in the RE Section?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
BushBaby said:
Come on Larry, be fair to the guy. Earl didn't indicate for one MOMENT that he wanted to talk 'Price without Agent' to Derek, he indicated (to me anyway) that he wanted to find out more about the BUSINESS operation, things which you might not know as MUCH as Derek about. I am sure he would do the deal properly through you once he had sorted those things out with Derek!! ~ Grahame.
Proper thing to do in my opinion is to go to the broker and have the broker take you to the owner to get his information. I haven't looked but I assume Larry listed it here. If he did I am sure he knows how to get in touch with Derek as good or better than anyone else so why not go through the channel that put you onto it to begin with?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thank You Scott

Escott said:
Proper thing to do in my opinion is to go to the broker and have the broker take you to the owner to get his information. I haven't looked but I assume Larry listed it here. If he did I am sure he knows how to get in touch with Derek as good or better than anyone else so why not go through the channel that put you onto it to begin with?

I could not have put it down better myself, I'm sure you have been down this road before once or twice yourself in your travels!

Larry

Last edited:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
And a special thank you to you and your wife Grahame....

BushBaby said:
Come on Larry, be fair to the guy. Earl didn't indicate for one MOMENT that he wanted to talk 'Price without Agent' to Derek, he indicated (to me anyway) that he wanted to find out more about the BUSINESS operation, things which you might not know as MUCH as Derek about. I am sure he would do the deal properly through you once he had sorted those things out with Derek!! ~ Grahame.

I stopped by the Bar yesterday and Derrick told me your wife Ginnie was kind enough to stop by as promised in the thread above and had asked for a number so that Earl could contact Derrick directly.

Grahame I also thank you for your interest in Earls DR Investment.

I have found from past experience since 1979 when I wrote my Brokers Licence in Canada that bringing together both purchaser and buyer is a recipe for complete disaster. Therefor I only unite the Vendor and Purchaser on the closing day at the time of sighing and passing monies.

I could be wrong, however I have lasted 16 years in the DR with this philosophy.........

Larry

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I have found from past experience since 1979 when I wrote my Brokers Licence in Canada that bringing together both purchaser and buyer is a recipe for complete disaster. Therefor I only unite the Vendor and Purchaser on the closing day at the time of sighing and passing monies.

Larry, I am from Europe as you know, but the way you describe the procedure is how it is done in my country as well. And when the possible purchaser looks at a property, business, house etc the owner is NOT present.
When it comes to sell a business, it would be the agent having other information that might be useful ( sales analysis of the running of the business etc, clientel and so on )...

But I dont know how this works here as I am not in that business, this was just a reflection of your posting Larry.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
sweetdbt said:
Lambada. Lord knows I wish I were ready to start looking for a place, but as of now it's premature, and checking places out just for the heck of it would be masochistic. I can get kinky now and then, but I'm not into pain. ;)

Oh what a shame it is premature, looks like there could be a market for your services down here..................... ;)

I'm sure this thread has all been useful learning stuff for the OP with regards to business practices in this neck of the woods. I shall now quietly retire before the heavies come round to kneecap me............. :laugh:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Gringo said:
I could not have put it down better myself, I'm sure you have been down this road before once or twice yourself in your travels!

Larry
Just a question of respect and upbringing. This is just the way I was taught to do things. I have had my brokers license in NY since 1981. The Dominican Republic is different and way different but some of the basics remain. Respect. Others even eat their own young!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The Bar is SOLD.....

Thanks to Robert and his new Real-Estate section, A very nice man from Ireland flew down and purchased the Bar today, he will be taking over in about a months time.

I'm very pleased with the hits I got on this Bar and other listings I have posted on dr1's Real Estate Section.

For the many people that were interested in this Bar and missed out, We have others listed in the same section here on DR1.

I will be one of the first people supporting Robert when the free trial period is over.

Thank you again Robert!

Larry (A.K.A Gringo)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Good Job!

Great Larry.
I suggested the very same section to a man, earlier today.
It is a Eurpean man, running several succesful restaurants in many European cities and a few in US.
I also gave him your email Larry, in case you can assist him.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Gringo said:
I stopped by the Bar yesterday and Derrick told me your wife Ginnie was kind enough to stop by as promised in the thread above and had asked for a number so that Earl could contact Derrick directly.

Grahame I also thank you for your interest in Earls DR Investment.

Larry

Larry, I am delighted you were able to sell Cheers for Derek, I hope the new owner will be successful there & help to upgrade the area for the benefit of all.

What Ginnie does is what GINNIE does - I do NOT try to control her in the same way as she does not try to CONTROL me. So,
a) she was NOT working under any comment/request/instruction from me &
b) knowing her as I do, I am sure she was trying to give the best possible advice to someone who has little experience of this country. Isn't that what this board is all about??

I am somewhat concerned about your comments re "YOUR interest in Earl's DR investment", would you like to clarify that either here or by PM please? Other than my one post above I have made absolutely NO comment to Earl. THAT as I recall, was just a clarification that I am sure Earl's objective was NOT to try & avoid paying a commission to the agent!! ~ Grahame.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dear Grahame

BushBaby said:
I am somewhat concerned about your comments re "YOUR interest in Earl's DR investment", would you like to clarify that either here or by PM please? Other than my one post above I have made absolutely NO comment to Earl. THAT as I recall, was just a clarification that I am sure Earl's objective was NOT to try & avoid paying a commission to the agent!! ~ Grahame.

You are reading into this the wrong way! I simply meant that I was happy that you set me straight on the point that Earl was not now nor will he have the opportunity ever of going through the back door in the futhure with reguards to my listing!

As for my comment on your Interest in Earls Dr Investment, I'm happy to say that you are one of the very few people that I know of living here in Paradise that takes the time to help new people that are contemplating the move and Investment into this new life........and I might ad at no renumeration to yourself other then self satisfaction, I meant this comment not at all in the derogatory sence of the word.
In fact I applaud you for your unselfish work!
I wish I had the time and the patience to do this as well........

Larry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thank you for your clarification Gringo - one poster on DR1 tries to impune otherwise so I just wanted to get the facts straight.

I take it there is no happy news on our house in the centre of town?? Did you put the new reduced price up on your website? So as not to hijack this thread, you might care to PM me when you have time. Thanks ~ Grahame.

E-Inc

Feb 11, 2005
Final Post

Et All-

I do appreciate everyone's unbiased input and assistance. As for Mr. Cooper, please understand I did not try to disrespect you personally or professionally, but rather tried to be a better informed consumer. No one is trying to take money from anyone's pockets here. Again, thanks for the help and Mr. Cooper, see you soon.

Earl

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No Problem at all......

E-Inc said:
Et All-

I do appreciate everyone's unbiased input and assistance. As for Mr. Cooper, please understand I did not try to disrespect you personally or professionally, but rather tried to be a better informed consumer. No one is trying to take money from anyone's pockets here. Again, thanks for the help and Mr. Cooper, see you soon.

Earl

Earl when you arrive I would be happy to show you the Bars I have listed in Puerto Plata.
I have five more in total (All listed on DR1's Real Estate Section) and there are some deals to be had!
My office phone # in Pto.Pta. is 809-261-2503 or cell # 809-427-0408.

Larry