Anyone Want to Meet in DR in July?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why so late? I think it will limit the number that attend. People traveling from out of town don't want to drive late at night, and even some of us locals aren't night owls. At our last session in Sosua, we had a great turn out, including people from Puerto Plata and Santiago, but some left around 10pm or so.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Ken,
8pm is fine by me, 7 if we must (although that hardly leaves much time for dinner for those of us who eat at 6). I can appreciate that transportation issues differ on North Coast. My original post simply reflected my SD experience, where I rarely got someone to come to a party earlier than 9 pm. And I had asked for input about the hour, but no one commented on it one way or another (read my prior posts).

So unless there is a loud protest to the contrary, 8 pm then.

Regards,
Keith

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe Scott will organize a pre-reunion supper for those interested in starting the socializing earlier.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: LOL

Amber said:
Too funny Keith! :bandit:

Jazzy, I don?t think I can make it to Sosua because of prior engagement.. One that I am trying to get out of.
But thanks for your offer..cough cough...
lol
Well my offer stands once you get out of what you didn't want to be into to begin with:)

Just say NO! hahaha

What ever time you all want to get together is fine with me. I can have a late lunch if that's what it takes. Or well I don't know!:)

Escott

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
hummm...

say no..
that?s an interesting concept.. I need to figure it out.. like just refuse?? lol
:bandit:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
yep after flying from Comox to Vancouver, Vancouver to Seattle, then to Newark then to Puerta Plata. I might have some jet lag so the earlier the better for me.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Keith

I'm a little comfused here. A BBQ (Chicken & Ribs) can be arranged from 7:00 PM but I need to know if people will show up at that time.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Eddy,
BBQ sounds like a great idea (yum!), but I don't think I can buy dinner for a whole bar full of DR1ers. Wish I could, but woefully must admit I cannot -- I am traveling with family, and have hungry, fast-growing, expense-account-eating teen twins to feed & clothe. :confused: I'll contribute toward any food & perhaps buy a round or two of Presidentes for my DR1 buddies, but that's probably it unless Scott or Rob get me so wasted I agree to something else (before you guys try, I must warn you -- I was trained to drink beer at UNC-Chapel Hill! And some of you may know what that means!! :p ) ...

I had figured on a later get-together at your bar because Scott had said that you no longer serve food at the bar, so I thought folks would need to fill up elsewhere before coming to imbibe at Eddy's! :knockedou

Hey, whatever works! I'm flexible. Whatever "the North Coast crew" would like best (you guys are so much pickier than the SD party animals! :p ). What matters to me is getting to meet everybody, after so many yrs of long-distance communicatin' & collaboratin' as my fellow hillbilly might say.:p Jus' tell me when to show, and have my bien fria in ceniza state when I show up, and I'll go along with it! :cool:

Best Regards,
Keith

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Keith R said:
GG,
All DR1er's, new or old, are welcome at any party I am organizing.

* Fri. 18 July - Sosua, Eddy's Sports Bar, @ 9 pm (American/Canadian time -- Dominicans, pretend you heard 7 pm ;) )

Keith, count on Tom and Alba then in Sosua. We'll be there! I'll shoot for around 9, and tell Alba 6. She's both Dominican and a woman and needs a little extra time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm in favor of the meal, and nobody expected you to pick up the tab, Keith R. Scott organized our last reunion, but paid for only his own drinks and meal. Maybe the organizers pay in Santo Domingo, as evidenced by the report of the recent reunion there, but that is not the practice on the North Coast.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
hahaha well I paid a little more than for just my own food and drink. I left the staff a 1000 peso tip for that evening besides other expenses.

I had 48 people that ate dinner and another dozen or so that came for drinks. Couldn't or wouldn't pay for everyone.

I am sure that if Keith has under 40 he will be picking up the tab. I hear that these guys from DC are on the Governement payroll just like in the dr and have endless amounts of money to spend:)
Only kidding Keith.

But anyone that wants to check out Kens apartment just stop over at my place from 2-4 am. He is a late night guy!

Escott

PS> Eddy count me in as showing up at 7pm for chicken and ribs with Angels for dessert! You better warn them that I will be there in case any of them find sick relatives to care for that night and you are understaffed!

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you have a camera, Keith R, that can record the event, be sure to bring it. And whatever you do, DO NOT PERMIT SCOTT TO TAKE THE PICTURE. We found out at last reunion that even though he has the toys and talks the talk that he doesn't know his a.s from his elbow when it comes to taking pictures.

Put me down for 2 for the chicken at 7pm.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Man Ken, good thing I have such large shoulders and can take it!

When you have 60 people lined up from left to right and a digital camera it is difficult to take a picture indoors at night from 50 ft away.

You're right, the pic sucked big time.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Don't sweat it, Ken. I have a digital camera, have some experience with using it properly under most conditions, and plan to take plenty of pictures at both reunions! heh heh :devious: Should be excellent material for blackmail -- er, I meant, for posting to the DR1 Media Gallery!. ;) Yes, that's the ticket! Suuuuuuurrrrrrre, the media gallery. :rolleyes: That's what they're for.:devious:
Regards,
Keith

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Please place bets!

Can I get a cut of the bets you bastards are placing on me??

I am all set to land at 11:51AM on July 16th from San Juan.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
If I had a quarter for every time you said you were coming and didnt show and half the money AZB spent on food that he gave away I wouldn't need Airline tickets to get to the DR I would buy the freakin plane.

I will up the odds to 2 to 1. No takers at 1.5 to 1.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Anyone Want to Meet in DR in July

Eddy!!!
I'm Texas Bill and I'll be at your place at 1830 for a couple of drinks before partaking of the BAR-B-QUE supper.
Count on it! I might bring a couple of friends form Luperon and POP with me. Don't know yet, but will let you know for planning purposes. I and my friends will pay as we go.
Others, why not let Eddy know what your pleasure is?? It's not fair to either him or Keith not to.
Texas Bill

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
No chickening out Eskatt!!

Ok Eskatt, AZB, Rob, Johnny and whoever else.

Any of you guys start chickening out at 1:00AM.......and start with
I am too ol? for this or that is gonna end up lighter (no balls) the 19th morning.

We are gonna go all the fooking way.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, if it is Friday the 18th at Eddy's, book for me and Richard - we had travel plans but things worked in such a way that we will be here in the DR.

Xanadu, want to share a carriage?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Hey, ya'll, what date are we settled on, anyway. I've seen the 16th several times, and now C says the 18th. Can't anyone decide???
I've invited a couple of guys up for this shindig and don't want to be left holding the bag and em-bare-assed over such a minor detail as the correct date.
SOMEONE please post the correct date..................
Texas Bill