Apache signs to exploit oil and natural gas in southeastern DR

CristoRey

Double soy latte-sugar free syrup w/ 1% milk
Apr 1, 2014
I agree but they are not pragmatic. Like ecodude says, we can't live without it nor will we in the near future. Once they realize that, and they will, their demands/whining will get reduced and they will tackle the next progressive idea du jour.
Not trying to turn this thread into a (banned)
discussion about politics but gas and energy
are politics... I give this one another 24hrs :unsure:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Unfortunately that day may be coming
(forced down our throats) much sooner
than you think. A few (more recent) generations
have been brainwashed by the "intellects"
and believe our use of oil and gas is killing
the planet. We're all gonna die!!!!!!

The rants of those that predict the demise of the oil industry are drowned out by the outcry of the majority of the world’s population that is up to their asses in snow during a long winter. Bone chilling cold has a way of bringing you back to reality.

In all seriousness, potable water not oil will be the most valuable commodity in the future. We (Canada) has 20% of the world’s supply. A blessing and a curse. We have so much of it we waste it. Waste is also a problem in the DR but on a smaller scale. Not as much as us but aging underground pipeline systems and lack of maintenance results in major water loses from unseen subsurface leaks every year.

Reactions: Auryn and CristoRey

Chirimoya

Moderator - East Coast & Headline News
Dec 9, 2002
Some of you are managing to keep it on topic, thank you for that.

Sailor51

2021 fashion statement
Oct 30, 2018
I don't think an 8" hole on a pressure capped oil well causes tectonic plates to shift ? Do you have a scientific paper of this phenomenon ?
By no means do I forsee the same problems in the DR as in the US. Water that burns at the tap. Methaneted (same as CO2 but flamable) water that poisons cattle and horses. Earthquakes where there were none for thousands of years.
Thing is, I've seen so much destruction in the name of greed I'm appaled. I'll use strip mining for gold in Alaska as a quick reference of sorts. The Oregon trail is nearly 2 hundred years old. The wagon tracks are still there, easily visable. How long will their damage last?

chico bill

Lobotomy Surgeon
May 6, 2016
By no means do I forsee the same problems in the DR as in the US. Water that burns at the tap. Methaneted (same as CO2 but flamable) water that poisons cattle and horses. Earthquakes where there were none for thousands of years.
Thing is, I've seen so much destruction in the name of greed I'm appaled. I'll use strip mining for gold in Alaska as a quick reference of sorts. The Oregon trail is nearly 2 hundred years old. The wagon tracks are still there, easily visable. How long will their damage last?
Greed from Conestoga wagons full of pioneers poor and simple people headed for a new life? Yes there are wheel ruts still visible but barely and only in few places and only to the trained eye.
You might be reaching for it using that as an example.
As for earthquakes - not sure where there were "none for thousands of years" - I doubt there is such a place.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thing is, I've seen so much destruction in the name of greed. I'll use strip mining for gold in Alaska as a quick reference of sorts. The Oregon trail is nearly 2 hundred years old. The wagon tracks are still there, easily visable. How long will their damage last?
Where is the water methanated? https://extension.psu.edu/methane-gas-and-its-removal-from-water-wells#:~:text=Methane can enter a water well both above,top of the borehole under the well cap. https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2013/06/theres-methane-in-your-drinking-water-so-what.html