Apagones La Romana

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Getting very annoying. Nine hours Saturday afternoon to early Sunday morning. Yesterday three hours or more. Today since 8:15 this morning. Batteries for inversors run dry for many after nine hours.

This electric problem is something Abinader should work on right away. The people have almost no recourse. Except to burn tires and garbage, as they did Saturday night here in La Romana. (Paradise you say 🤣.)

Edesur reports that there are 10 power plants out of service.

edesur-reporto-que-hay-10-plantas-generadoras-fuera-de-servicio-CM20680057

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
We have choices. I just left for our place that has service. 24 hours 7 days a week. When the power goes out, which it does, it is back on in ten minutes with planta.

I feel for the people that have no choice. Except to burn tires and garbage. What a deal the government gives them. What I say is that I hope Abinader makes it a priority to improve whatever is needed to give people that basic service. Electricity.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Abinader has promised to get rid of most EDE employees and create a department of energy to fold them into. How that will help the blackouts remains to be seen.

The biggest mistake was made long ago when the government decided to control energy distribution.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Abinader has promised to get rid of most EDE employees and create a department of energy to fold them into. How that will help the blackouts remains to be seen.

The biggest mistake was made long ago when the government decided to control energy distribution.
Right. What is needed is efficiency. I have read that there is enough power for all, it is a matter of managing it. I don't know if that is a fact. But, there are good ways to get the information needed to make decisions and start the process. Maybe Abinader is the person who will do it.

Sep 22, 2009
Right. What is needed is efficiency. I have read that there is enough power for all, it is a matter of managing it. I don't know if that is a fact. But, there are good ways to get the information needed to make decisions and start the process. Maybe Abinader is the person who will do it.
What is your experience here on the ground. You sound like you have no clue 37% still steal the power. You sound like you don't know the Ede- mafia puts meters where they need them And there are "no meters available" where they need them as well.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
What is your experience here on the ground. You sound like you have no clue 37% still steal the power. You sound like you don't know the Ede- mafia puts meters where they need them And there are "no meters available" where they need them as well.
All I said is that efficiency is what is needed. That would include stopping those who steal power. Simple or not. Maybe you can consult on how to begin?

(Your ignorance of the mafia shows. Assuming you mean La Cosa Nostra. Be careful.)

• Haha
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
All I said is that efficiency is what is needed. That would include stopping those who steal power. Simple or not. Maybe you can consult on how to begin?

(Your ignorance of the mafia shows. Assuming you mean La Cosa Nostra. Be careful.)
I'm so sad you called it ignorance. The Ede- energy folks are one of the biggest rackets going. You clearly are not from here or understand much about the power history

Sep 22, 2009

Do you know anything about the PLD Odebrecht? Who on God's Earth still refers to the Sicilian mafia if not in relation to the movies, Franky Boy? Racketeering influenced organization don't have to be of Italian descent .
Screenshot_20200811-213307.png