ARAJET

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A new law was signed yesterday by President Luis Abinader. This law could be beneficial to ARAJET since it's perceived to be one step closer for the approval of the Open Skies agreement with the USA, thus allowing ARAJET airplanes to fly to any international airport in the USA. The law obligates the Dominican state to give certain incentives to Dominican airlines and international airlines that fly to and/or from the Dominican Republic.

Jan 9, 2004
It would take many years of ineptitude for Arajet to to reach the level of Spirit.
Of course time will tell.

But, if they stay with the same business model as Spirit (Ultra Low Cost Carrier with no affiliations) they will eventually end up where Spirit is today.

The number 1 problem/complaint regarding Spirit is flight cancellations/delays......and with no ability to re-book on a competing airline (lack of alliances) that is ultimately, at least at this point, where Arajet is headed.

The two airlines are quite similar promotionally. Arajet with its loss leader fares is a clone of the $9 Spirit fare gimmick.

Note also, those cheap fares come at the passengers convenience..............one example, Arajet uses roll up boarding where they can...............not jetways.......that cost more money. This leaves passengers exposed to the elements as they board and/or deplane.

But again, their biggest obstacle will be their lack of alliances..............with lots of other issues coming to the fore as the newness wears off.

They are providing fare competition and that is a good thing for those that choose other carriers. The question is...............will they meet the same fate as all those other Dominican flag carriers that went before them?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Of course time will tell.

But, if they stay with the same business model as Spirit (Ultra Low Cost Carrier with no affiliations) they will eventually end up where Spirit is today.

The number 1 problem/complaint regarding Spirit is flight cancellations/delays......and with no ability to re-book on a competing airline (lack of alliances) that is ultimately, at least at this point, where Arajet is headed.

The two airlines are quite similar promotionally. Arajet with its loss leader fares is a clone of the $9 Spirit fare gimmick.

Note also, those cheap fares come at the passengers convenience..............one example, Arajet uses roll up boarding where they can...............not jetways.......that cost more money. This leaves passengers exposed to the elements as they board and/or deplane.

But again, their biggest obstacle will be their lack of alliances..............with lots of other issues coming to the fore as the newness wears off.

They are providing fare competition and that is a good thing for those that choose other carriers. The question is...............will they meet the same fate as all those other Dominican flag carriers that went before them?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Hello guys, I just comeback last monday from Sao Pualo with Arajet, this trip was the 3rd with them and the experience as always has been very good. For Brazilean flights they offer hot meal for 15.00 dollars, I had Raviolis with a Beberage and was very goood. The flight had people connecting to and from Cancun - CUN and Cuidad de Mexico NLU. Next months will start also conections from other destinations.

What I can see with the people not recommending use Arajet its they do not read, I have traveled 3 times with them and didnt have any problems.. While you are booking shows you clearly what include the fare you have selected. I have seen a lot people complaining about suitcase charges and Im 100% sure they booked the cheaprest fare that only include backpack with 13 poungs or 6 kg and shows up at the airport with Suitcase or Carry on that its not included in the booked fare, United and Jetblue has blocked Carry on for their cheapest fares and if you shows up with a carry on to take it inside the cabine they will charge with price starting in 65.00 dollars and option to drop it for 35.00.

Another person was complaining traveling from CUN to SDQ they charged 8,000.00 pesos for his suitcase but didnt said how many pounds he was bringing, rules on Arajet are 20 kg or 44 pounds not 50 as LLC airlines allow, and Arajet its not LLC Airline, also they do not read the dimensions allowed for carry on and suitcase, if are bigger then you will get extra charges.

About the jetbridges or remotes positions Aerodom charge the same so when you go to remote its because operations send you there, my flight to GRU departed from a Remote possition and the return we went to a jetbridge. Arajet its a new airline in SDQ so older airlines using jetbridges will remind it as Arajet schedule matched the times with olders. At the most busiest hrs at SDQ we will see more Arajet flights in remote possitions and in hrs with less trafic they will be able to use all jetbridges.

Another guy was complaing because he missed his flight and was not recomending to use Arajet , I didnt keep watching because he started to said that he missed other flighs with Delta and Copa, so some body that always miss a flight to me looks like the airline its not the problem.

In my flight back to Santo Domingo there was a Haitian guy that had to stay 11 days at the airport because he didnt have the Yellow fever shot that is mandatory to flight from Sao Paulo to Dominican Republic, not if you are in transit, and at the check in there was another guy that they was explaining the same thing and sugesting to contact the airline. They have the information about it in the website, so that mean not only Dominicans do not read.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Tomorrow oct 24th its the inaugural flight of Ultra Low Cost airline from Dominican Republic Arajet. The flight will depart from Santo Domingo SDQ at 6:00 am and will be landing at 10:40 am with Flight number DM716 using Boeing 737 MAX 8. The retun flight its scheduled to depart from YYZ at 12:10 pm and arriving SDQ at 4:40 pm.

Flights departuring from Toronto YYZ landing in Santo Domingo SDQ will have also connections with Punta Cana by Bus from SDQ Terminal, Aruba AUA, Buenos Aires EZE, Cancun CUN, Cartagena CTG, Guatemala GUA, Curacao CUR, Kingston KIN, Medellin MDE, Mexico City NLU, San Jose SJO, San Marteen SXM, Santiago de Chile SCL, San Salvador SAL, and Sao Paulo GRU.

Reactions: colmcb and AlaPlaya

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Now American Express cards can be used to buy tickets on Arajet.

JBKVmgI.jpg

José Da Mota

Oct 3, 2023
Santo Domingo
I recently flew from SDQ to Lima Peru. Planes are brand new. Everything was on time to the minute. The services were good. I paid to sit up front with a little more room and faster boarding and deplaning. Hope it stays this way. So far so good.

Reactions: drstock

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Last week they just openned Buenos Aires EZE, 3 flight x week and also with connections to Canada, Mexico, Central America, Caribbean and by bus Punta Cana. I was watching an interview with the Arajet CEO and he talked about sales departuring from Argentina, 45% for connections, 40% for Santo Domingo and 15% for Punta Cana.

There are also some changes, Lima its increasing from 2 to 3 flights x week, Quito and Guayaquil startin april will join the Hub and will be possible to make connectiones the flight will be split and the triangulation will finished.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
November 28, 2023

The Dominican Airline ARAJET Wins "Best Start-up Airline of the Year 2023"

JxOsQY7.jpg

JxOsL2S.jpg

PS. Amazing, a new Dominicsn airlines already receiving accolades in an international scale beating all new airlines in the world. Hopefully, this is only the beginning regarding this.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
November 28, 2023

The Dominican Airline ARAJET Wins "Best Start-up Airline of the Year 2023"

JxOsQY7.jpg

JxOsL2S.jpg

PS. Amazing, a new Dominicsn airlines already receiving accolades in an international scale beating all new airlines in the world. Hopefully, this is only the beginning regarding this.
We have to suport the Airline flying, since Arajet started I didnt fly with Copa or Avianca anymore. Good thing is that my miles never expire so I pan save it to try get a free flight another continent so wish me luck hahah.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For the first time ever, Arajet exceeds an average of 80% of capacity. That means many of its flights now have a good amount of passengers.

Arajet lidera el transporte de pasajeros en el país​

Arajet, reconocida como la mejor nueva aerolínea del mundo en la cumbre mundial de aviación, celebra un hito histórico al alcanzar su mejor mes de ocupación en enero. Con un promedio que superó el 80%, marca un logro sin precedentes en la breve trayectoria de la compañía como aerolínea de precios bajos del Caribe.

Reactions: NanSanPedro