ARAJET

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

SDQ to MEX on Aug. 24:
Arajet 97.38 USD
Best fare by an airline on Google Flights 302 USD

But you need to compare round trip prices because the return leg on Arajet is much more expensive. And then you need to add a bag. Arajet charges for carry on as well as checked.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Interested in working for them?

Here you go (must have Dominican citizenship or be a legal resident of the DR, plus bilingual Spanish/English people are preferred):

That isn't correct. One of their directors I know and he is Brazilian. Didn't have legal residency when he was hired.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
But you need to compare round trip prices because the return leg on Arajet is much more expensive. And then you need to add a bag. Arajet charges for carry on as well as checked.
Copy that ‼️
But I posted that example for me. I didn't just pull it out of the air. One way to MEX. I would not be returning. Apply for my six month visa. Do what I gotta do. Then move on. Most likely on a different airline and from a different country. I wouldn't be checking a bag. Carry on yes. But bag fees are a way of life unless you are flying first class or have an affinity card that takes care of them.
We each do what works best for our individual travel itineraries.
Thanks for pointing that out.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Copy that ‼️
But I posted that example for me. I didn't just pull it out of the air. One way to MEX. I would not be returning. Apply for my six month visa. Do what I gotta do. Then move on. Most likely on a different airline and from a different country. I wouldn't be checking a bag. Carry on yes. But bag fees are a way of life unless you are flying first class or have an affinity card that takes care of them.
We each do what works best for our individual travel itineraries.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Are you seriously saying that you can fit everything you need to live for six whole months in a carry on less than 20 lbs? I take more than that for a one night trip.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Are you seriously saying that you can fit everything you need to live for six whole months in a carry on less than 20 lbs? I take more than that for a one night trip.
I make it a point to keep a full wardrobe at my hub locations and a mini wardrobe at my mini hub locations.

I spent most of my entire adult working life flying.
I do not like the process of travel (checking in, waiting for you bag at your destination, humping all dat "stuff" around wit ya)

So over the years I have worked to minimize the amount of "stuff" I need to actually travel with.
And I just double (or triple up) on everything in the different locations where I spend the most time.

For the most part I only check a bag (or two) returning to the 🇩🇴 .
Most often filled with "stuff" for others.
And the occasional high priced consumer electronics for me.😉

Now, if I am traveling on vacation I pack a rolling carry on bag like everyone else. 😂

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did a ton of flying with only a carry on back in my younger working days and I never checked a bag, other than when I would be coming home and filling a duffle with stuff for home.
That's why hotels have room service, isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I have so many shoes, I cannot imagine what a nightmare it would be to start doubling up and having different wardrobes in different locations. I have about 30 pairs with me at the moment and I still keep missing some. And handbags. I never cease to be amazed by how guys can get by with so few clothes and still look OK.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There are one advantage to traveling without checking a bag:
The airline cannot lose your luggage you carry by hand.
Now in all the years I have been traveling I have never lost my own bag.
I have lost a book, headphones and a hoodie.

Reactions: JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have so many shoes, I cannot imagine what a nightmare it would be to start doubling up and having different wardrobes in different locations. I have about 30 pairs with me at the moment and I still keep missing some. And handbags. I never cease to be amazed by how guys can get by with so few clothes and still look OK.
Since I have moved here I have tripled my shoe wardrobe. Now I have 6 pairs of sneakers and a pair of water shoes. Ahhhh the good life!

• Haha

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I think you are my ex wife.

• Haha
Reactions: MariaRubia

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Prices have increased for many flights. Those to places like Mexico are almost sold out.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Be clear Arajet is Ultra Low Cost Airline, and that comes with some problems for some people that do not understand what mean ULC, I booked a ticket to Guatemala, purchased only my seat and Carry on, but I travel with backpack, so I will survive.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris