Are people getting internet from Delancer satisfied with the service?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This morning is a perfect example of dropped signals. I was ready to log into my live video session with a student at 4:55am and the connection dropped for about 3 minutes. I had to switch for my Altice hotspot. It went down again about 1 hour later. I understand that it's raining, but live goes on and without making money I can't pay internet bills.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Have being using Delancer for about 2 years on daily base woking from home.
My plan is 30mb download and 5mb upload.

I am pretty happy about the service.Consistency in speed and reliability are fine.
They are quite responsive either on WHATSAPP or from email.
Occasionally ,it does go down but it's quite rare. As backup ,I have a portable WIFI router from Claro .

Based on my work ,what is missing in terms of internet plan is a upload speed closer from my current download speed.
Pricing to get 30mb upload gets a bit ridiculous ...I am definitively an advanced user so it may certainly not affect the common users.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
I did and was not happy.
You did not answer my question. You don't know the answer?

we cannot compete with Claro with those price, but you will get better attention from and we do not
This morning is a perfect example of dropped signals. I was ready to log into my live video session with a student at 4:55am and the connection dropped for about 3 minutes. I had to switch for my Altice hotspot. It went down again about 1 hour later. I understand that it's raining, but live goes on and without making money I can't pay internet bills.

last 4 days we were working on adding additional redundancies and with switching equipment and routes we have expirienced drops it is done now.

if you continue expirience any problem please report it to the office or PM me or message us on our facebook page.

Reactions: Seamonkey

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
I did and was not happy.
You did not answer my question. You don't know the answer?

We cannot compete with Claro with those prices, Claro is national and we are regional, however we are not reseller of local ISP's we do lease submarine cable to USA. and if you are in our coverage area we will do our best to provide you with our best customer, tv and internet service we can.

keep in mind no commitment contract! and we are all fiber everywhere!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
we cannot compete with Claro with those price, but you will get better attention from and we do not

last 4 days we were working on adding additional redundancies and with switching equipment and routes we have expirienced drops it is done now.

if you continue expirience any problem please report it to the office or PM me or message us on our facebook page.

I will say one thing about Delancer...their tech crew is excellent. Whenever I have a problem, they get here the same day and most times within 3 hours. That is of big value to me. Claro, although cheaper have a 3 day window to do the repair and you need to go to Puerto Plata and spend 1/2 the day setting up an account.

Reactions: Abuela

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I will say one thing about Delancer...their tech crew is excellent. Whenever I have a problem, they get here the same day and most times within 3 hours. That is of big value to me. Claro, although cheaper have a 3 day window to do the repair and you need to go to Puerto Plata and spend 1/2 the day setting up an account.
I totally agree with that, I have always received great, friendly and fast service in the 17 years I have been using them. If only it was a little more reliable then nobody would need to looking to sign up with another company. Something that they should look at

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for answering my question that started this thread. This has been very helpful.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To Delancer's credit internet and cable service stayed on all day yesterday. Now if only the power companies could match that level of customer service. I find Delancer is still expensive for the internet speeds you get but they are responsive when you need a service tech. The employees try to help but like many other businesses not all of their processes are as easy or straightforward as they could and should be.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
For the past 2 hours all I've been getting are disconnects and a fluctuation of 2.5 - 9.8 mbps down. I've switched to my mobile Altice to have a stable connection so I can keep teaching these kids online and not lose my job. Absolutely brutal.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
For the past 2 hours all I've been getting are disconnects and a fluctuation of 2.5 - 9.8 mbps down. I've switched to my mobile Altice to have a stable connection so I can keep teaching these kids online and not lose my job. Absolutely brutal.

please PM me your account number or modem's serial number i will check

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
we offer bandwidth plans up to 200Mbps with upload speeds up to 40Mbps, for business customers we can offer up to multiple gigabit plans.
If you could offer reliable 100 Mbps for $100 US that would be great. But I pay close to $60 for 20 Mbps and rarely get that.
During the day I can't even stream Netflix. Most online videos buffer too.
DeLancer does respond to outages when cable breaks but speed is very unreliable

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
If you could offer reliable 100 Mbps for $100 US that would be great. But I pay close to $60 for 20 Mbps and rarely get that.
During the day I can't even stream Netflix. Most online videos buffer too.
DeLancer does respond to outages when cable breaks but speed is very unreliable

Bill, I have faith in our network and it’s ability to deliver consistently the speed you pay for.

Can I request that next time you see an issue... or for perhaps a day, you connect your computer to the modem directly with a network cable?
If you then have the speeds you paid for, it’s a WiFi connectivity issue. If you are still slow, it IS our network and I will do all possible to track it down for you.

remember that the way wifi works, if you have just 1 device with bad signal it decreases quality of service for all devices connected to that wifi network.

also remember that now days apps are pretty large, and if phones or other devices update in the background or synchronize folders (services like onedrive, dropbox, icloud etc) it can use all of your bandwidth without your knowledge.

Reactions: Wrx2005

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It would be nice if Delancer's internet pricing was more competitive with Claro's pricing. I already pay a lot each month for cable and internet and would like more value and faster internet for the large sum I pay. I find the service provided by Delancer pretty good but for what they charge one should accept nothing less than excellent service.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
this plan is designed for people with low income and expectations so internet service can be accessible to everyone!
In other words the poor people can send a WhatsApp message, but not make a VOIP call nor watch Netflix (which we know poor people don't have, so no matter ).
Delancer pricing needs to be revisited for the limited speeds available.

If 5G ever comes to DR and you live near a tower it will be cheaper to go with a Claro data plan and hotspot your cell phone

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
In other words the poor people can send a WhatsApp message, but not make a VOIP call nor watch Netflix (which we know poor people don't have, so no matter ).
Delancer pricing needs to be revisited for the limited speeds available.

If 5G ever comes to DR and you live near a tower it will be cheaper to go with a Claro data plan and hotspot your cell phone

keep in mind prices flow according to the local market - check out claro page for the cheapest internet plan, it says 750 + taxes=975 and 24 months contract. for 1000 pesos you get 6Mbps download and 2Mbps upload from us and no contract. we trying our best

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
keep in mind prices flow according to the local market - check out claro page for the cheapest internet plan, it says 750 + taxes=975 and 24 months contract. for 1000 pesos you get 6Mbps download and 2Mbps upload from us and no contract. we trying our best
Well maybe they offer only 6 Mbps but my friend has that particular plan and her Netflix streams more reliably than my Delancer 20 mbps service, so i don't know what's wrong.
One thing the Huawei fiber router boxes from Delancer are not good quality and constantly need rebooting

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Well maybe they offer only 6 Mbps but my friend has that particular plan and her Netflix streams more reliably than my Delancer 20 mbps service, so i don't know what's wrong.
One thing the Huawei fiber router boxes from Delancer are not good quality and constantly need rebooting

PM me you account number i will check