Are people getting internet from Delancer satisfied with the service?

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Well maybe they offer only 6 Mbps but my friend has that particular plan and her Netflix streams more reliably than my Delancer 20 mbps service, so i don't know what's wrong.
One thing the Huawei fiber router boxes from Delancer are not good quality and constantly need rebooting
we don't use Huawei

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Why go with the red headed step child of cable here? I never understand these decisions.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Well maybe they offer only 6 Mbps but my friend has that particular plan and her Netflix streams more reliably than my Delancer 20 mbps service, so i don't know what's wrong.
One thing the Huawei fiber router boxes from Delancer are not good quality and constantly need rebooting
I have Claro Fibre with HUAWEI router - and it NEVER needs rebooting..... NEVER

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I checked the past threads but found nothing more recent than 2018.

I have Claro and really don't have any complaint, other than it is a little slow. But at present they can't give me faster service because they don't have a fiber optic line in my area.

Delancer does, but I want to be sure the service is reliable before i make a change
Wow! Has the OP figured it out yet?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Delancer guy is trying to be helpful here. It seems like he is getting beat up a bit.
Well I certainly wasn't beating up Delancer guy. I was just refuting the post by Chico Bill who stated that Huawei routers constantly need re-booting. That's definitely lot been my experience. ( 3 years next month )

Delancer guy has been very helpful as far as I am concerned. I was a long time Delancer internet customer, working online. Only switched to Claro fiber when it was offered in my neighbourhood

Reactions: Bred

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
geek talk follows ;-)

guys, myself i have claro adsl and ftth as well as delancer and all those modems do their work just fine as long as you understand that it is made to get you connected and authenticated in the network not much more than that. i have to reboot even cisco ones at times. any heavy use requires dedicated router with enough resources to support it. for example if you use P2P, and a bit less damaging VoIP apps one single app creates or attempts to create so many connections that it can overload the modem with ease. it is recommended to reboot modem after p2p use so it can start with clean table. also with wifi because the way this technology works devices with bad signal can ruin experience for everybody connected to your wifi.

big ISPs require customers who wants stability of their network to purchase expensive (relatively) routers it's because even those more expensive ones can take only that much of load. and load is not necessary to be speed - it could be just amount of connections per second and multiple wifi chains running together or just ability to withstand attacks that constantly happening when you get online.

because of shortage of IPv4 address space the only public ip address gets your modem and not your computer, so all connections that any of your devices make require your modem to remember so it can be translated. That's why IPv6 was introduced and i don't know if you noticed pretty much every customer of delancer who has dominican ip addres gets IPv6 not just address but set of networks which means that every single device that supports it get true public ip address - which means modem doesn't need to remember anything other than your mapping of your mac and ip address and it means Point-to-Point connections can be made directly without address translation magic and means less use of modem's resources.

that ZTE that @chico bill is not happy about with correctly setup local network can handle 700Mbps. here is example of lab test i have done: i intentionally used another ISP's server:

upload

Reactions: Meat and Seamonkey

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No ivp6 connectivity on my Delancer modem. IVP4 only. Download speed today is only about 1/2 of what it should be.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I would like to thank the Delancerguy for the excellent responses. We have had Delancer Fiber with internet and Cable TV for a number of years. We have had no problems with the service even during the recent Tropical Storm. Some of our Neighbors had trees catch their Fiber and cause damage but all I know of are repaired. In Perla Marina, three power pole were down and it took Edenorte 2 days to restore power. Our Internet stay on all the time ! Some of the posts refer to problems on the 29/30th July. We had a Tropical Storm around then !!!
Thank you Delancerguy!

Olly and the Team

Reactions: delancerguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
True all routers and modems can require rebooting on occasion but I can recall in the US my Motorola Surfboard with an Asus router and they may have needed it at most once per year.
These cheap ZTE modem/routers seem to loose connectivity at least once per week. Yet I have a cheap Almond brand router connected by Cat 5 to the back of the ZTE router and that never needs a reboot. So I quit connecting to Delancer's WiFi direct from their router as it was too frustrating and for some odd reason much slower than the Almond.
I think the quality of how they are built must have something to do with their performance