Are workers in the domincan consulate in US allowed to take videos and photos?

Johngates

Jun 8, 2022
N
I went to get a id and i noticed the worker that was doing the process was taking a video of the screen and also of the printer when the paper was coming out and pictures with their phone. Is this normal?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No idea whether or not it's normal however I think it's safe to assume the employees have all been properly vetted and won't be doing anything nefarious with your information.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I went to get a id and i noticed the worker that was doing the process was taking a video of the screen and also of the printer when the paper was coming out and pictures with their phone. Is this normal?
sounds super weird. Why you dont drop a message to the consulate

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Agree, I would send a message just confirm it is normal. I know the Dominican Consulates in the US are pretty good about responding, at least in my epxerience with them.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
You should be able to go on to the Dominican Consulate website, there is an option to send a message.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Why did that make you worried tho? What's your concern/suspicion?

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I have never seen that before
Sending an email to alert the consulate about it is a little too much IMO. Maybe he was on a video call and showing somebody his office or whatever. If he was doing something fishy like stealing your info well he already has access to the computer and all the info so... Also pretty sure the whole place is covered with cameras from every angle so if he was doing something he'd be more discreet than doing it in than manner. I think you're just too paranoid.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
If the OP felt uncomfortable, then he should contact the Consulate, if for anything to put his mind at ease.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It could had been a request from Santo Domingo and they needed to send proof to be added to your file in the DR. Their cellphones have emails and phone numbers of certain government offices in SD and are able to supply a photo or scan of a screen, document, etc. Santo Domingo receives it almost as soon as they send it.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
Not sure what anything passes for normal in this day and age. But if you did not know why the person was videoing your paperwork why did you not question the person politely as to the reason for it. You probably would’ve received a satisfactory explanation and that would have been the end of it.

Johngates

Jun 8, 2022
N
Not sure what anything passes for normal in this day and age. But if you did not know why the person was videoing your paperwork why did you not question the person politely as to the reason for it. You probably would’ve received a satisfactory explanation and that would have been the end of it.
No u right, wont happen again, i was just caught really off guard i guess and was too confused

Johngates

Jun 8, 2022
N
It could had been a request from Santo Domingo and they needed to send proof to be added to your file in the DR. Their cellphones have emails and phone numbers of certain government offices in SD and are able to supply a photo or scan of a screen, document, etc. Santo Domingo receives it almost as soon as they
I see, yes the person who helped told me to call a family member and for them to do some steps over there because my information was not appear here in the states, i havent been there in long time. And he said once thats done, i can return and get the id