Are you a rice-eater? Arsenic and rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The security and safety of the food supply especially the staples needs to be carefully monitored by the Govt health agency. Rice is a big deal here so some regular testing should be mandated at a govt lab to ensure the health of the population. I have no doubt that the water that fills the rice fields is not all that clean.

Sep 22, 2009
You might find this interesting.
I think they find elevated Arsenic levels in bottled waters and carton fruit juices also. Very disconcerting Fulano, but sounds like there is truth to this alert

Reactions: Fulano2

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Many of these symptoms are the same pre-morbid symptoms people are diagnosed with
whom have a much higher fatality rate from the China virus. After opening link and reading the article...
certainly explains a lot.

"However, long-term ingestion of inorganic arsenic may cause various health problems and increase the risk of chronic diseases.
These include:

Various types of cancer (28Trusted Source, 29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source, 31Trusted Source).
Narrowing or blockage of blood vessels (vascular disease).
High blood pressure (hypertension) (32Trusted Source).
Heart disease (33Trusted Source, 34Trusted Source).
Type 2 diabetes (35Trusted Source).
In addition, arsenic is toxic to nerve cells and may affect brain function (36Trusted Source, 37Trusted Source). In children and teenagers, arsenic exposure has been associated with:

Impaired concentration, learning and memory (38Trusted Source, 39Trusted Source).
Reduced intelligence and social competence (40Trusted Source, 41Trusted Source, 42Trusted Source).
Some of these impairments may have taken place before birth. Several studies indicate that high arsenic intake among pregnant women has adverse effects on the fetus, increasing the risk of birth defects and hindering development (43Trusted Source)" .

Reactions: Fulano2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’m leaving the thread, because so much rice is eaten in DR, but since it’s not specifically about DR, it’s now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.