Armando Shot in Sosua

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Apparently some tigres tried to kidnap a restaurant/bar owner in his own vehicle Sosua last night, shot him twice and he crashed his Jeep. I am not familiar with where this bar is but someone here will know. Maybe he wasn't paying his bills ?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/po...cZZXXB1ZFhTFk6rvFPxl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="736" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
If you scroll down further on that link, you'll see a picture of him and his real name. He owns a colmado, not a bar. He was leaving Blue Ice when he was captured.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
That would be Armando of Blue Ice Bar. Formerly of Passions
I think you have it confused
Peter is the owner of Blue Ice Bar with his espousa as well as the former owner Passions

Armando is a nick name for this guy. His name is appears to be Bernardo Morel Benitez and he was reportedly leaving Blue Ice Bar as a patron and was shot by his vehicle which was parked on Pedro Clisante

The various stories get it confused and I think some of the stories get lost in translation as they are not written very well

There was some references to him being a bar/restaurant owner in Sosua and made it seem like it was Blue Ice but that is not the case. He came from there but doesn't own it. But who knows maybe he has some minority ownership or something

When many from the past think of Armando that would be Armando Casciati who owns Classicos, Bellamy hotel at one time and perhaps still does, a diaper factory and various other ownership interests in the DR.

Looks like the thread I was responding to got deleted while I was responding to it so you must have figured it out on your own.

Reactions: FF1

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
At first I though you were talking about Armando the Italian. This Armando owns Ricky's pica-pollo, one by City Lights and one further up the street by the Super Super liquor store. This guy got his start by bringing bugarrones to gringo clients.

• Wow
Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
At first I though you were talking about Armando the Italian. This Armando owns Ricky's pica-pollo, one by City Lights and one further up the street by the Super Super liquor store. He has nothing to do with Blue Ice. This guy got his start by bringing bugarrones to gringo clients.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They weren't selecting him at random - they either have been following him to target or he flashed a roll of cash or some expensive looking gold chains, and they were opportunists who followed him out of the bar.

But this is the busiest location in Sosua so shootouts don't help tourism

Reactions: thompstr and Auryn

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
They weren't selecting him at random - they either have been following him to target or he flashed a roll of cash or some expensive looking gold chains, and they were opportunists who followed him out of the bar.

But this is the busiest location in Sosua so shootouts don't help tourism
He clearly stated that it wasn't random, that he will have to think about who could be his enemy as he is sure he was the target and it was not a robbery.

JJ

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
He clearly stated that it wasn't random, that he will have to think about who could be his enemy as he is sure he was the target and it was not a robbery.

JJ
At least not a very successful robbery.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
i am on my way up there now to retrieve a young teenager (my surrogate daughter) at her mother's request who decided to run away from Moca to Sosua for the weekend. This will be my first trip up there since July of last year.

Shootings in and around Sosua are nothing new but when it happens to a gringo it seems to get more attention. Sounds like this fella was targeted. He's lucky he survived as the North Coast is known for a lot of things but trauma surgeons aint one of them.

It will be nice if they'd clean the place up and start paying a little more attention to who the trouble makers are both foreign y local alike.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I avoid anything from Pedro Clisante north whenever I can, but I’d take the north coast over Santo Domingo any day.

Traffic, smog, exhaust, and sprawling concrete aren’t my thing. When I’m around Sosua, I can escape that mess a lot faster than I could in Santo Domingo.

To each their own.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Pretty sure he must know who targeted him and why - so he should be able to help police apprehend them ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
At first I though you were talking about Armando the Italian. This Armando owns Ricky's pica-pollo, one by City Lights and one further up the street by the Super Super liquor store. This guy got his start by bringing bugarrones to gringo clients.
Maybe for those who are not familiar with the term bugarrones - could you please define ?