Armando Shot in Sosua

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
I agree.....The people who think of Sosua as the 2 blocks of Pedro Clisante do not know Sosua. Sosua is a wonderful town filled with wonderful things. Most of the people I know who live here have nothing to do with those 2 blocks and never go there .
Agreed.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It sounds like you've done a lot of walking around Sosua. :cool:
I have walked and riven every corner and there are parts of it which are crap, other parts and establishments good.

Those crap areas (like where the man was shot at Blue Ice) are what generates much of the tigres looking to rip off people.

I had hopes when D'Latin was closed and then the hookers were 'supposed' to relocate to the East end of Pedro Clisante that the town would become a bit more classy.
But there are a few blocks which attract all the fat aging hookers, grabbing at men on the sidewalk, uttering s*cky-f*cky to every passing man even if they show no interest, and standing in the street and trying to flag down men in vehicles to 'party'.

I avoid the places full of the cigar-chomping 50-60ish groups trying to prove they 'still got it' to uneducated jiggly girls in fake eyelashes flicking their pierced tongues out like stuffed lizards reaching for flies.
There are plenty of places the hookers can not find gullible suckers or they are not allowed in unaccompanied.

I have nothing against girls doing this to survive - just doing it in such a classless manner irritates me. Sosua didn't used to be so full trashy poorly-dressed street walkers.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I have walked and riven every corner and there are parts of it which are crap, other parts and establishments good.

Those crap areas (like where the man was shot at Blue Ice) are what generates much of the tigres looking to rip off people.

I had hopes when D'Latin was closed and then the hookers were 'supposed' to relocate to the East end of Pedro Clisante that the town would become a bit more classy.
But there are a few blocks which attract all the fat aging hookers, grabbing at men on the sidewalk, uttering s*cky-f*cky to every passing man even if they show no interest, and standing in the street and trying to flag down men in vehicles to 'party'.

I avoid the places full of the cigar-chomping 50-60ish groups trying to prove they 'still got it' to uneducated jiggly girls in fake eyelashes flicking their pierced tongues out like stuffed lizards reaching for flies.
There are plenty of places the hookers can not find gullible suckers or they are not allowed in unaccompanied.

I have nothing against girls doing this to survive - just doing it in such a classless manner irritates me. Sosua didn't used to be so full trashy poorly-dressed street walkers.
We need to send over there "La Camiona"

JJ

Reactions: AlaninDR

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Is that what you call it now ?

Why so much Hate for Sosua , this man was obviously targeted , does not matter where it happened ..
it could have happened at a Church in your neighborhood if that is where they chose to attack him.

trying to comprehend why someone who never goes to a certain Town , (where Real Estate is PROSPERING btw)
also complains about same town . Sosua is by far NOT the most Dangerous little town on the Island , plenty of other places where you can get yourself hurt or at least Robbed .

Exactly , try that ANYWHERE in Santo Domingo at 2 am , I dare anyone to. In fact try just walking around visibly DRUNK at 2 AM, without a Car in sight to pick you up , see if you can make it 5 blocks to your Hotel .
It’s quite possible in Santo Domingo. I do it all the time. While wearing jewelry and very nice watches (Rolexes). Hell, I do that in Haina as well. Obviously not every part of Santo Domingo is the same, but I’ve done it many different neighborhoods. Some claimed to be the most dangerous in the country (Capotillo, Gualey, Los Alcorizzos, Pantoja, Los Minas, etc.) Over 2 years now and never once had a situation. Although, I’m usually not alone. Now, I wouldn’t advise any and everyone to do it. I can pass as a Domincan and can at times look intimidating (sometimes I appear to be a tiguere too depending on how I feel that day and choose to dress) which does help the situation, but it is quite possible to do with no worries.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I had hopes when D'Latin was closed and then the hookers were 'supposed' to relocate to
The closure of D'Latin was when things really seemed to start going down hill. About the same time the YouTubers started vlogging in the streets.
The clients changed, the girls changed.
The rest is history.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The closure of D'Latin was when things really seemed to start going down hill. About the same time the YouTubers started vlogging in the streets.
The clients changed, the girls changed.
The rest is history.
I can recall young well dressed ladies of the evening sitting in bars or in restaurants on '' dates'' and, although slightly tawdry, it wasn't the hoards of rude fat sloppy women we have as a sidewalk infestation .

I guess everything changes but it seems the world gravitates to the lowest common denominator, especially on Pedro Clisante.

And I suspect not one of those fat hookers knows what a denominator is.

Maybe a few more people shot in Sosua will wake up Cestur?

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I can recall young well dressed ladies of the evening sitting in bars or in restaurants on '' dates'' and, although slightly tawdry, it wasn't the hoards of rude fat sloppy women we have as a sidewalk infestation .

I guess everything changes but it seems the world gravitates to the lowest common denominator, especially on Pedro Clisante.

And I suspect not one of those fat hookers knows what a denominator is.

Maybe a few more people shot in Sosua will wake up Cestur?
I don't think Armando was shot by a fat sloppy hooker.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Goodness.
i hate to think he might have been shot over one as opposed to by one. The night life in Sousa has become much seeder than was 7 or 8 years ago but again...
different type of customers looking for different type of women. To each their own. Buyer beware.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Goodness.
i hate to think he might have been shot over one as opposed to by one. The night life in Sousa has become much seeder than was 7 or 8 years ago but again...
different type of customers looking for different type of women. To each their own. Buyer beware.
The hookers used to come, make some money and leave, come back once the money's gone, the heavy drugs have changed that, and barely any of them have any savings. Now they've permanently moved to Sosua, and the real problem is that their chulos piperos come to visit, realize they can bum around Pedro Clisante all day, gringos buy them a beer or two, food, they beg for money, sell drugs, and now they can act like gangsters, something they couldn't do back in Cristo Rey, or Capotillo, or Los Alcarrizos because they'd get set straight by the real thugs real quick, and they stay in Sosua, and they talk their hookers into stealing from the hotel rooms and all that, just to support their drug habits. Luckily the cops still have control of the streets and those piperos aren't running around robbing people like they do in the larger cities. The real problem is drug addiction, and I'm not talking about weed. Sorry for the long text.

siamesepat

Jun 24, 2019
The hookers used to come, make some money and leave, come back once the money's gone, the heavy drugs have changed that, and barely any of them have any savings. Now they've permanently moved to Sosua, and the real problem is that their chulos piperos come to visit, realize they can bum around Pedro Clisante all day, gringos buy them a beer or two, food, they beg for money, sell drugs, and now they can act like gangsters, something they couldn't do back in Cristo Rey, or Capotillo, or Los Alcarrizos because they'd get set straight by the real thugs real quick, and they stay in Sosua, and they talk their hookers into stealing from the hotel rooms and all that, just to support their drug habits. Luckily the cops still have control of the streets and those piperos aren't running around robbing people like they do in the larger cities. The real problem is drug addiction, and I'm not talking about weed. Sorry for the long text.
The cops still have control of the streets? Really? They don't even have control of the parking here.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I never said Sosua was dangerous. But whenever Sosua is talked about, people remind me of that town that is full of of sleazy bars with ugly guys and cheap Haitian hookers. And they rant on about the place like it's paradise - which I guess to some people it is. And to emphasise how wonderful it is, they usually drop LOTS of capital letters INTO THEIR POST. I admit that when I called it a hell-hole, I should have added "in my opinion".

My personal view is that most places on this island are reasonably safe, provided you know how to behave and you understand that there are a lot of very poor people around you. Often we read about murders on here that were to settle an old score or because of a jilted lover.
I have lived in Sosua for 12 years. I am une femme d'un certain âge, and I have, yes, taken risks, that in retrospect were really schtoopid. But I have never been personally harmed.

I guess the point I want to make, which other people have made, is that there is more to Sosua than Pedro Clisante. 'Nuff ced.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No but that's not the point. I bet there were at least 20 of them along the sidewalk within 50 yards of the Blue Ice bar that evening.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How does all this chatter assist in the shooting of Armando ??
How do we undo his shooting ? We only point out the factors that lead the criminal element into town. Drugs, prostitution and johns throwing around cash too freely. It might be a head up to the next guy who gets jacked......Maybe

Reactions: CristoRey and jd426