Arrived a few hours ago, piece of cake!

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I arrived in DR on American Airlines flight 1481 from MIA to SDQ. Miami international was not busy but did have a fair amount of activity. Security was tighter than I remember and no temperature check was done before boarding.

We arrived about 10 minutes ahead of schedule at about 1: 56 pm. The flight was smooth and pleasant with all seats occupied. They didn't offer us anything during the flight, not even water but if anyone ask for some, I'm sure they would've provided it.

Masks were required for the duration of the flight, everybody that I could see has their mask on during the whole flight.

Dominican immigration was a piece of cake and masks are required. There was no temperature check or extra forms to fill just the usual. My only gripe was waiting for my carry-on. It took longer than usual for the carousel to start spining. After about an hour, my bag appeared very wet -- It was raining. I got suckered into checking it in at the gate but no more will I heed this ratchet suggestion.

To my surprise AILA was quite busy. It was bustling with people waiting for their loved ones all wearing masks.

I am tickled to be back in my homeland. When my house saw me it started weeping tears of joy. Of course that's the way I saw it, but in reality it was just raining.

Nothing like a cold presidente to end a stressful flight from a long four months of forced exile. I love the US but I love my home here in the DR more. Let me see if destiny is gracious enough to let me add 25 more years to my life here in the DR. Safe travels and joyous returns.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
My friend arrived in puerta plata today. He also noted that no one did a temperature check in either airport.

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
I was pleasantly surprise as well. I arrived two days ago to SDQ from Newark. Airport on departure was quiet, only a few gates operating. No temperature check upon arrival and no health certificate required or proof of COVID testing, which I had. I was out and got my car rental with no issues. Happy to be back in JD enjoying the beach and seeing my friends. Great to be here!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I was pleasantly surprise as well. I arrived two days ago to SDQ from Newark. Airport on departure was quiet, only a few gates operating. No temperature check upon arrival and no health certificate required or proof of COVID testing, which I had. I was out and got my car rental with no issues. Happy to be back in JD enjoying the beach and seeing my friends. Great to be here!

Same here!!!

Flew from Newark to Punta Cana, mostly Dominicans on the full flight. Quiet on both hands. We had a temperature check and a form to fill out about our whereabouts and how to be contacted.
I took a test (nasal swab) a couple days before flying for peace of mind but it was not needed.
We are in a resort in PC for a couple of days now before heading to LT.

Happy to be here :love:

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
In Santiago they had temperature machines just as you exited the plane. There was a nurse/doctor that was monitoring the screen. They didn't have any social distancing. Just markings on the ground and chairs of where to stand.. but no one obeyed..

Glad to be back here too

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
In Santiago they had temperature machines just as you exited the plane. There was a nurse/doctor that was monitoring the screen. They didn't have any social distancing. Just markings on the ground and chairs of where to stand.. but no one obeyed..

Glad to be back here too

Dominicans are polite diplomatic people. What should they do. Force people to comply with markings ? Maybe they are testing how this will work. I think it was a smart move to open now as not many can come anyway plus everybody is flying from somewhere where there are also some restrictions. So everyone knows. It is a global pandemic.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Dominicans are polite diplomatic people. What should they do. Force people to comply with markings ? Maybe they are testing how this will work. I think it was a smart move to open now as not many can come anyway plus everybody is flying from somewhere where there are also some restrictions. So everyone knows. It is a global pandemic.
can do whatever they want.. not sure what you're implying. obviously this is global, not sure why saying that is relevant to my comment though

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
can do whatever they want.. not sure what you're implying. obviously this is global, not sure why saying that is relevant to my comment though
Why not make an effort to comply ? That’s what I meant.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Same here!!!

Flew from Newark to Punta Cana, mostly Dominicans on the full flight. Quiet on both hands. We had a temperature check and a form to fill out about our whereabouts and how to be contacted.
I took a test (nasal swab) a couple days before flying for peace of mind but it was not needed.
We are in a resort in PC for a couple of days now before heading to LT.

Happy to be here :love:
Welcome and enjoy your stay. It's interesting that in SDQ no temperature check is done nor is an additional health form required. At least I didn't notice any temperature scanner anywhere in plain sight but one could be inconspicuously placed. In any event, It's good to be back in Quisqueya la bella. Please don't forget to take in the sun and to amass a collection of happy memories to share and enjoy with friends and family back home.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since the additional health form is nonsense, I am not surprised it is being ignored.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I would like to add, I am very impressed with the resort staff and measures taken. Everyone is wearing a masks and gloves, social distancing is enforced everywhere on the ground, sanitizer everywhere, there is a cleaning crew sanitizing everywhere including lounge chairs.... The occupancy is very low so it may be easier but they are really taking their jobs very seriously and doing it well. I hope that they recover soon.
Although resorts are definitely not my thing, I will post a glowing review on TripAdvisor or the likes to reassure hesitant travelers. My kids, on the other hand, looooove it (unlimited virgin Pina colada and ice cream, why wouldn't they?!).

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I would like to add, I am very impressed with the resort staff and measures taken. Everyone is wearing a masks and gloves, social distancing is enforced everywhere on the ground, sanitizer everywhere, there is a cleaning crew sanitizing everywhere including lounge chairs.... The occupancy is very low so it may be easier but they are really taking their jobs very seriously and doing it well. I hope that they recover soon.
Although resorts are definitely not my thing, I will post a glowing review on TripAdvisor or the likes to reassure hesitant travelers. My kids, on the other hand, looooove it (unlimited virgin Pina colada and ice cream, why wouldn't they?!).

How is dining? With social distancing and no buffets, are there long lines at prime times for eating? Thanks!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How is dining? With social distancing and no buffets, are there long lines at prime times for eating? Thanks!

Dining is great, the buffet is served by the staff. There aren t enough customers to have line anywhere really. I am not really sure but I would estimate the occupancy to be no more than 15 to 20 %.
I am not a fan of crowd and lines, so it's a dream to me.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Careful in LT 'Frica.... lots of suspected cases and no testing

Santiago had a quiet day in terms of testing but the positivity was very high. Espaillat and La Vega had very high positivity too. Sanchez Ramirez was perhaps the worst in terms of positivity. Even Samana only 9 tests and 3 positive. There has never been much testing in Samana which could be hiding a much bigger problem, just like POP 12 cases from 31 tests.

• Wow
Reactions: Andre14615