Article examining dominican identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
?

Criss Colon said:
To bad he doesn't realize the negative impression he is giving,not only of himself,but of other "Blacks" who he claims to be/want to represent!

i dont,please explain?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
D R HaTe Me said:
you are right ,im not a "DOMINICAN" im just a BLACK man that was born in the dominican republic .im not a "LATINO" because latino doesnt describe me+latino is a u.s term not a LATIN AMERICAN term.im not a "HISPANIC" CAUSE IM NOT WHITE/EUROPEAN.
QUOTE]

Why don't you move to the motherland, I'm sure which ever country that is in Africa will be glad to have you. It must be hard to find a room big enough for you to type on a keyboard with that huge chip on your shoulders. You are whatever you want to be, so accept it, move on, and don't expect other people to necessarily see you in the same way you see yourself. You are: a black(probably not pure) of Dominican desent(last 2-300 years) who doesn't know sh.. from shinoa. My wife is a proud "latina", proud Dominicana, and doesn't give a sh.., who her ancesters were. It's the now and the future that count.

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Be proud of who you are and Embrace your Culture

B. Saunders,

Kind of summed it up but I will add my punto de vista...Be proud of who you are and always reach for the sky...whether you are black,think your latino, mulatto, white, indian, taino, etc etc as human beings we all will face discrimination, racism, all of the iZims....brush it off and move on...sitting playing the victim means you've only defeated yourself and allowing them to win...

Know your history, embrace your culture,and learn to appreciate other cultures and just be you..whether DR hates you isn't the question but whether you love yourself first is what counts the most.

Dont let people categorize you and put you in a box(latino doesn't exist you are not from the roman empire and actually hiding from your true identity) black doesn't exist you are not actually the color black and white doesn't exist because of the same reason..we are human beings that have evolved by force, love and adaptation of our present environment...Love yourself first but know your history and free your mind from mental slavery...

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
Come On Bob!

Why don't you move to the motherland, I'm sure which ever country that is in Africa will be glad to have you. It must be hard to find a room big enough for you to type on a keyboard with that huge chip on your shoulders. You are whatever you want to be, so accept it, move on, and don't expect other people to necessarily see you in the same way you see yourself. You are: a black(probably not pure) of Dominican desent(last 2-300 years) who doesn't know sh.. from shinoa. My wife is a proud "latina", proud Dominicana, and doesn't give a sh.., who her ancesters were. It's the now and the future that count.[/QUOTE]

if your wife is such a "DOMINICANA" why dont she move to the dominican republic;) ? bob i thought you was better then this? but i am trying to get a house in somewhere in AFRIKA :classic: . your wife is from d.r ask her am i lying about the things i write about ? im a pure black meaning i am dark not lite(white)no mixture . DESCENT MEANS-LINEAGE;ancestry i can trace my people back to SIERRA LEONE IM OF AFRIKAAN(BLACK/DARK) DESCENT(black/dark people are idigenous to land known as AFRIKA) NOT "DOMINICAN".IF I WAS "DOMINICAN" DESCENT I THINK I WILL BE A PEACE "INDIAN" they were idigenous to that island . but do you know what makes an "amerindian"? PLUS IF "ITS :surprised THE? :surprised NOW AND THE FUTURE THAT COUNTS" WHY IS YOUR WIFE SAYING SHE'S A "DOMINICANA" INSTEAD OF AN "AMERICANA"?

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
Quisqueya said:
B. Saunders,

Kind of summed it up but I will add my punto de vista...Be proud of who you are and always reach for the sky...whether you are black,think your latino, mulatto, white, indian, taino, etc etc as human beings we all will face discrimination, racism, all of the iZims....brush it off and move on...sitting playing the victim means you've only defeated yourself and allowing them to win...

Know your history, embrace your culture,and learn to appreciate other cultures and just be you..whether DR hates you isn't the question but whether you love yourself first is what counts the most.

Dont let people categorize you and put you in a box(latino doesn't exist you are not from the roman empire and actually hiding from your true identity) black doesn't exist you are not actually the color black and white doesn't exist because of the same reason..we are human beings that have evolved by force, love and adaptation of our present environment...Love yourself first but know your history and free your mind from mental slavery...

I DO KNOW MY HISTORY AND I DID FREE MY MIND FROM THE MENTAL SLAVERY THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE TALKING SMACK! I WISH WE COULD LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE EVERY BODY COULD GET ALONG BUT I THINK THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT ARE LOST AND DONT WANT TO BE FOUND.

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
DR-Hate_Me,

I think you have alot of issues and dealing with inferior complex to the nth degree..You need to realize even if you're dark skin that doesn't mean your pure subsaharan african,besides, even they are mix with other ethnic groups..I think you are focusing too much on afrocentricity that it is hindering you from growing..you need to find an equalibrium but most important be comfortable with yourself..

I hope I haven't offended you..but your comments clearly illustrates you have alot of pain dealing with your dark color and nationality "dominican".. BTW, not all dominicans have indian blood..majority are mixed of (african(many ethnic groups & european(many ethnic groups). Thus, I see you are then rejecting your nationality and blaming them for hating you...Believe me, in Haiti you'll face the same issues and from what my african associates tell me, you will face racism there is well..so just live your life and stop playing victim...

Just live your life....and find your place in the world.

mami

Mar 16, 2004
????

D R HaTe Me said:
you are right ,im not a "DOMINICAN" im just a BLACK man that was born in the dominican republic .im not a "LATINO" because latino doesnt describe me+latino is a u.s term not a LATIN AMERICAN term.im not a "HISPANIC" CAUSE IM NOT WHITE/EUROPEAN.

plus i dont want my ladie calling me papi ,she can say my name.:classic:

papi, all this self hate will cause you to self destruct

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
D R HaTe Me said:
if your wife is such a "DOMINICANA" why dont she move to the dominican republic;) ? bob i thought you was better then this? but i am trying to get a house in somewhere in AFRIKA :classic: . your wife is from d.r ask her am i lying about the things i write about ? im a pure black meaning i am dark not lite(white)no mixture . DESCENT MEANS-LINEAGE;ancestry i can trace my people back to SIERRA LEONE IM OF AFRIKAAN(BLACK/DARK) DESCENT(black/dark people are idigenous to land known as AFRIKA) NOT "DOMINICAN".IF I WAS "DOMINICAN" DESCENT I THINK I WILL BE A PEACE "INDIAN" they were idigenous to that island . but do you know what makes an "amerindian"? PLUS IF "ITS :surprised THE? :surprised NOW AND THE FUTURE THAT COUNTS" WHY IS YOUR WIFE SAYING SHE'S A "DOMINICANA" INSTEAD OF AN "AMERICANA"?

Actually we will move back to the DR soon,but the EDUCATION SYSTEM is better here in Canada for our sons. My wife is of MIXED ancestry, which she is neither proud of or ashamed of, after all she had no choice in her heridity. There are many "black Dominicans", that are doing well financially and socially" Those Blue bloods don't accept many into their society, so who cares. You would do much better to concentrate of becoming a wonderful HUMAN being, than being so concerned about your colour. Quisqueya has made some excellent points for you to listen to. My wife has every right to call herself a Dominicana, because that is her CULTURE, not her COLOUR or ANCESTRY.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
I can't believe people keep responding to this guy. It's obvious he wants the attention, rise, and reaction out of every member on this board--and he's getting it. I say ignore him until he actually has something relavent or productive to say.

I like this thread and don't want to see it closed on the rantings of one.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Exxtol said:
I can't believe people keep responding to this guy. It's obvious he wants the attention, rise, and reaction out of every member on this board--and he's getting it. I say ignore him until he actually has something relavent or productive to say.

Neither can I, neither can I.

Oh well, some people like drama in their daily intake of the DR1 medicine.:classic:

-NAL

1HumanRace

Dec 5, 2005
www.mixedfolks.com
Your racist views are the sustanince of my underlying dislike for latinos as a whole. Its a disgrace. And the fact that you guys keep repeating it over and over again shows your lack of understanding. You have to come down to the question...what makes a latino a latino? screw the past of the latin countries and what they thought. Make your own decisions, become a new generation...stop dwelling on the past and start a new future. and what ****es me off the most is that you bring that racism, black hate bull**** here to America. I will not diclose my race... it may suprise you but, I have had two main boyfriends in my life, one was Puertorriqueno, and one was Dominicano. They both were ignorant, childish, liars, cheaters, very immature, and they both destroyed my sense of self worth at that time, making me believe they were better than me. Now I have a half Dominican son, and Im happily in love with my son, Im glad I had him, I thought that it would be a good thing to have a son with a Latino guy because at that time "he would be better off than me" but now that I have read so many websites and forums about Race, Racism, Geneology, and History of Hispanics, I have come to the conclusion that Im sorry for having a half Dominican son. I never want him to have this kind of ignorant mentality. Your racist views are the sustanince of my underlying dislike for latinos as a whole. Its a disgrace. And the fact that you guys keep repeating it over and over again shows your lack of understanding. You have to come down to the question...what makes a latino a latino? screw the past of the latin countries and what they thought. Make your own decisions, become a new generation...stop dwelling on the past and start a new future. and what ****es me off the most is that you bring that racism, black hate bull**** here to America. I will not diclose my race... it may suprise you but, I have had two main boyfriends in my life, one was Puertorriqueno, and one was Dominicano. They both were ignorant, childish, liars, cheaters, very immature, and they both destroyed my sense of self worth at that time, making me believe they were better than me. Now I have a half Dominican son, and Im happily in love with my son, Im glad I had him, I thought that it would be a good thing to have a son with a Latino guy because at that time "I felt he would be better than me because he could call himself Latino" but now that I have read so many websites and forums about Race, Racism, Geneology, and History of Hispanics, and the rest of the Americas and I have come to the conclusion that Im sorry for having a son with a Dominican man. I never want him to have this kind of ignorant mentality.
What Makes a Latino a Latino? and why cant a mixed person in America with the same mixtures as say..... a Domincan, call themsleves Latino?

1HumanRace

Dec 5, 2005
www.mixedfolks.com
Food for thought. You dont see Americans migrating in large quantities to Latin American countries, yelling American Power!!!!! waving the American flag and taking over your countries.DO YOU???? So leave America be. If your racist, stay out...we have enough idiots in America. Plus in America, Racism is an OLD term, we dropped it many years ago. Do you people think you could ever do the same??? Doubt it. If you are racist, and dumb stay away from our country.

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
Quisqueya said:
DR-Hate_Me,

I think you have alot of issues and dealing with inferior complex to the nth degree..You need to realize even if you're dark skin that doesn't mean your pure subsaharan african,besides, even they are mix with other ethnic groups..I think you are focusing too much on afrocentricity that it is hindering you from growing..you need to find an equalibrium but most important be comfortable with yourself..

I hope I haven't offended you..but your comments clearly illustrates you have alot of pain dealing with your dark color and nationality "dominican".. BTW, not all dominicans have indian blood..majority are mixed of (african(many ethnic groups & european(many ethnic groups). Thus, I see you are then rejecting your nationality and blaming them for hating you...Believe me, in Haiti you'll face the same issues and from what my african associates tell me, you will face racism there is well..so just live your life and stop playing victim...

Just live your life....and find your place in the world.

why you talkin to me like i am crazy ?

no ,i have no pain im proud of who i am unlike most "dominicans" i love being black its nothing wrong with it . plus i was talking about problems i faced in d.r when somebody ASKED ME "why does d.r hate you ".

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
bob saunders said:
Actually we will move back to the DR soon,but the EDUCATION SYSTEM is better here in Canada for our sons. My wife is of MIXED ancestry, which she is neither proud of or ashamed of, after all she had no choice in her heridity. There are many "black Dominicans", that are doing well financially and socially" Those Blue bloods don't accept many into their society, so who cares. You would do much better to concentrate of becoming a wonderful HUMAN being, than being so concerned about your colour. Quisqueya has made some excellent points for you to listen to. My wife has every right to call herself a Dominicana, because that is her CULTURE, not her COLOUR or ANCESTRY.

ask your wife does she admire Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina? the black "dominicans" you see that is doing well financially play in the M.L.B
the real black "dominicans" ( living in d.r) most of them are poor and if they do have money they aint f---in with no black people, well.... maybe family.i have a ?uestion for you !
what do you call a white male born in ireland who lives black american cuture?

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
Exxtol said:

what am i typing thats making you so mad:surprised

Salsassin

Sep 23, 2005
Exxtol said:
Well to put things in perspective, you must understand that blacks/mixed-raced individuals that are a part of this "movement" are definitely in the minority. I attend an HBCU (historically black college) which is located next to two other HBCU's and the majority of biracial kids I've come across consider themselves black--and trust me there are plenty.
Not really, the trend for biracial people to identify as mixed has been growing exponentially. A HBCU is not the best place to sample what the trend across the USA is.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
D R HaTe Me said:
ask your wife does she admire Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina? the black "dominicans" you see that is doing well financially play in the M.L.B
the real black "dominicans" ( living in d.r) most of them are poor and if they do have money they aint f---in with no black people, well.... maybe family.i have a ?uestion for you !
what do you call a white male born in ireland who lives black american cuture?

You really are 51 cards short of a deck.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Salsassin said:
Not really, the trend for biracial people to identify as mixed has been growing exponentially. A HBCU is not the best place to sample what the trend across the USA is.

Well since we are both relying on anectdotal evidence here, let me clarify. From MY experience biracial (black and other) mixes DO tend to identify as black. Bi-racial blacks that identify as being mixed-race (i.e. classifying themselves as bi-racial/ other etc), are still in the MINORITY as i stated in my previous post. Yes, the movement has grown but from my interaction with bi-racial folks--including, family members, co-workers, and yes friends at HBCU's (historically black colleges and universities for those that are wondering), they are still not in the majority.

And why wouldn't an HBCU be the best place to sample the trend across the USA?? There are a disproportionate number of mixed-raced "blacks" at the "more prestigious" HBCU's. All one has to do is step foot on the campus of HBCU's such as Morehosue and Spelman to see all the light-skinned/curly haired/fine featured "black" students that abound. Additionally, if you're suggesting that HBCU students are somehow more Afro-centric (thus making them more apt to identify as "black") than their black counter parts at other colleges and other universities then you are mistaken--on the contrary (and to my dismay), the blacks at HBCU's such as Spelman, Morehouse, and Howard tend to be more classist, bourgeois, and of the upper, upper-upper middle class--i.e. Denzel Washington's son at Morehouse, and Tony Dungy's (coach of the indianopolis colts) daughter at Spelman. If not......then sorry I read way to into where you were going with that comment.:classic:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.