Article examining dominican identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.N.Y

Apr 5, 2005
Hypocrite

1HumanRace said:
Your racist views are the sustanince of my underlying dislike for latinos as a whole. Its a disgrace. And the fact that you guys keep repeating it over and over again shows your lack of understanding. You have to come down to the question...what makes a latino a latino? screw the past of the latin countries and what they thought. Make your own decisions, become a new generation...stop dwelling on the past and start a new future. and what ****es me off the most is that you bring that racism, black hate bull**** here to America. I will not diclose my race... it may suprise you but, I have had two main boyfriends in my life, one was Puertorriqueno, and one was Dominicano. They both were ignorant, childish, liars, cheaters, very immature, and they both destroyed my sense of self worth at that time, making me believe they were better than me. Now I have a half Dominican son, and Im happily in love with my son, Im glad I had him, I thought that it would be a good thing to have a son with a Latino guy because at that time "he would be better off than me" but now that I have read so many websites and forums about Race, Racism, Geneology, and History of Hispanics, I have come to the conclusion that Im sorry for having a half Dominican son. I never want him to have this kind of ignorant mentality. Your racist views are the sustanince of my underlying dislike for latinos as a whole. Its a disgrace. And the fact that you guys keep repeating it over and over again shows your lack of understanding. You have to come down to the question...what makes a latino a latino? screw the past of the latin countries and what they thought. Make your own decisions, become a new generation...stop dwelling on the past and start a new future. and what ****es me off the most is that you bring that racism, black hate bull**** here to America. I will not diclose my race... it may suprise you but, I have had two main boyfriends in my life, one was Puertorriqueno, and one was Dominicano. They both were ignorant, childish, liars, cheaters, very immature, and they both destroyed my sense of self worth at that time, making me believe they were better than me. Now I have a half Dominican son, and Im happily in love with my son, Im glad I had him, I thought that it would be a good thing to have a son with a Latino guy because at that time "I felt he would be better than me because he could call himself Latino" but now that I have read so many websites and forums about Race, Racism, Geneology, and History of Hispanics, and the rest of the Americas and I have come to the conclusion that Im sorry for having a son with a Dominican man. I never want him to have this kind of ignorant mentality.
What Makes a Latino a Latino? and why cant a mixed person in America with the same mixtures as say..... a Domincan, call themsleves Latino?

Wow, your a walking contradiction. Take your own advice, and don't generalize all of us Latinos based on your limited experiences.

Papo718

Dec 12, 2005
If it is one thing that i have noticed on this site it is alot of miseducation and self hatred mixed in one bowl.

Papo718

Dec 12, 2005
We are all human beings not from different planets or worlds but from 2 same parents Adam and Eve.ALL RACES same Origin.

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
The Dominican culture was influenced by the Taino indians, the Spaniards and the Africans.

These is evident by the fact that Dominicans like to eat casave,yautia, yuca which are root vegetables the indians would cultivate.Spain's influence is seen in the fact that the official language of DR is Spanish. The African influence can be seen in the dark skin color.

There is also influence from the above 3 cultures in dominican music.
The guira, the drum and the accordion are popular musical instruments in DR.

The guira- invented by Tainos

The drums- an african instrument

The accordion- a spanish instrument

indiana16

Jan 5, 2006
Yes there is African influence in DR, but dominicans don't identify too well with the african culture. They feel they don't have much in common with africans. One example are the haitians. Dominicans and haitians culturally are like night and day. Dominicans identify more readily with the spaniard culture. Haitians are more in touch with their african ancestry.Other than dark skin color,they have nothing else in common with Dominicans. When you don't have much in common with a particular culture you don't mingle with or completely accept someone from that culture. This is why dominicans and haitians are not the best of friends. Dominicans tend to shun the haitians and keep them at a distance.

Kidd Creole

Nov 29, 2005
1HumanRace said:
Food for thought. You dont see Americans migrating in large quantities to Latin American countries, yelling American Power!!!!! waving the American flag and taking over your countries.DO YOU???? So leave America be. If your racist, stay out...we have enough idiots in America. Plus in America, Racism is an OLD term, we dropped it many years ago. Do you people think you could ever do the same??? Doubt it. If you are racist, and dumb stay away from our country.

Wow Ok first off take deep breath. what Race are you anyway? Racism is still very alive in America today what are you smoking? Why would people from United States go to Latin America anyway, U.S. is one of the best economic nations in the world where people can do basically anything they want inside the law. You are right we do have enough idiots in America and by the way you are acting you seem like one of them.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
indiana16 said:
Yes there is African influence in DR, but dominicans don't identify too well with the african culture. They feel they don't have much in common with africans. One example are the haitians. Dominicans and haitians culturally are like night and day. Dominicans identify more readily with the spaniard culture. Haitians are more in touch with their african ancestry.Other than dark skin color,they have nothing else in common with Dominicans. When you don't have much in common with a particular culture you don't mingle with or completely accept someone from that culture. This is why dominicans and haitians are not the best of friends. Dominicans tend to shun the haitians and keep them at a distance.
Off course Dominicans dont identify with the African culture they rarely are thought anything about it, but it is there weather you like it or not you can see it through the facial features and the skin tones the music etc... Im not a Haitian ( Pananmanian by the way)but from what I have learned and studied both Dominicans and Haitians have more in common than we think within both cultures.

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
This is very True!

Papo718 said:
If it is one thing that i have noticed on this site it is alot of miseducation and self hatred mixed in one bowl.

The above statement about this site statement is very true.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Not worth it.

D R HaTe Me said:
im the most hated man on this thread/website whatever ,i just know folk hate me just like the dominican republic ;)

Don't think anyone here hates you, not worth the time and trouble, too easy to just use the ignore key. :tired:

dominicans_are_black

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 4, 2006
This thread is so funny and makes me laugh and even after science shows that most dominicans are of african decent,still some choose to use words such as ""some" or little to subliminal try to hate that denial to the smallest percent that there blood is that of the same as any african american

There was some ignorant individual here that assumed because one dominicano told him or suggested people take pride in there roots to return back to africa and made an assumption(which is a low form of knowledge that the guy was african american).WHOEVER WAS IT.DOMINICAN TONY WHATEVER YOU ARE A PATHETHIC FOOL!!!!!!!.if he were an african american how dare you have the audacity to tell him to return to african when your damn ancestors primarily are from africa and most likely the western regions of african just like his.SO why dont you go back to africa too..BLACK DUDE!!!

Now i live in washington heights and i have been surrounded by dominicans and ricans all my life just about up here in nyc,And sadly to be honest with you i have encountered several in my life who are clearly of african decent that deny it to the fullest they have african blood,just earliar today this black dude(dominican by the way) tells me dominicans are INDIAN with little african blood and some spaniard blood.I looked at this fool like he was crazy excuse the bluntness but one cannot debate DNA testing which shows dominicans are primarily of african decent.ALL OF THEM FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND TO SIMPLY SAY YOUR DOMINICAN WITH NO AFRICAN BLOOD WOULD SIMPLY BE SAYING YOUR NOT A DOMINICAN.and please dont come here telling me the same could be said if your not of taino indian decent your not a DOMINICAN ALSO.because the whole island of dominican republic became dominated by masses of african slaves that outnumbered every other race to the point it swallowed it.THIS CANNOT BE DENIED.

To anyone bothered by me calling a dominican a black guy.SO SUE ME!.BUDDY THIS IS AMERICA AND IN AMERICA AND EVEN IN MAJORITY OF THIS WORLD peoples race is based upon there facial features and characteristics and with most dominicans and puerto ricans too pending were in puerto rican your ancestors originate from,YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED BLACK OR OF SOME AFRICAN DECENT BASED ON YOUR OBVIOUSLY CLEAR FEATURES

What cracked me up today was this black dude(the dominican) told me he was not black he said i am not black ,I am very very lightskinned and i said OK SO YOUR POINT RAPPER LUDACRIS IS VERY VERY LIGHTSKINNED AND HE IS STILL BLACK AND SO ARE YOU.I am not trying to say you are not dominican or your not latino ,you certainly are both,but based on your features dude you are still black.SHOULD YOU EMBRACE IT? my personal opinion theres nothing to embrace i think we all should be content of who we all and what were made of and just accept it and move on to bigger more important **** that affects humanity as a whole because LIKE IT OR NOT WE ALL HAVE ONE COMMON AFRICAN ANCESTOR TO THE WHITEST WHITE PERSON AND THAT DOES NOT MAKE NO ONE ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE,WE ARE HUMAN,WE ALL BLEED,,WE ALL FART,WE ALL S*&t,NO ONES A*& SMELLS LIKE ROSES COMPARED TO THE OTHER ONE.

However to simply deny your african roots being a dominican is quite ignorant meaning (unaware)when it is so obvious.Now i cannot say whether or not MOST dominicans deny there african ancestry,however i will say that from my experience its the younger dominicans from ages 25 on down to the teens that seem to have no problem admitting they are latinos of primarily african decent,they acknowledge there mix and still acknowledge they are BLACK.I find that some i repeat some of the older ricans or dominicans deny there african roots like the guy today who was at least 45 years old.his own neice who was exactly my age sat and argued with him down telling him for years people in there family have told him that we are latinos with moreno blood by much and he denys it and its pathethic.I just laughed

AS FAR AS THE ONE DROP RULE,lets say though this can be applied in the most ignorant ways.I kind of have my own one drop rule based on how this world flows.IF YOU LOOK SIMILAR TO ANYTHING OF AFRICAN DECENT,HAVE THE FEATURES,THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED,BLACK OR A PERSON OF AFRICAN DECENT.It is wrong to try and not consider a Dominican,latino or dominican all because he is black.DOMINICANS ARE DOMINICAN,THEY ALIKE AFRICAN AMERICANS SUCH AS MYSELF(WHO IS MUCH NATIVE AMERICAN AND SOME EUROPEAN BLOOD)ARE MIXED PEOPLES OF AFRICAN DECENT STILL.BECAUSE THAT DOMINANT TRAIT WHICH DERIVED FROM OUR AFRICAN ANCESTORS SHOWS BY MUCH.

I lived in washington d.c for 6 years and i can tell you that city which is predominantly african american and one of the most populated city with african americans in the northeastern corridor of the u.s.A dominican will be considered just as black as anyone else.SHOULD ANYONE TAKE OFFENSE? NO? BECAUSE AFRICAN AMERICANS come in many different shades,colors,and features just like the whole continent of african has african peoples whose features come in many ways pending were in african there african ancestors originated from.FOR EXAMPLE LIKE EGYPT!.the ancient egyptians were black africans of eastern africa,there features would be considered more caucasoid than those in southern africa.CAUCASOID NOT AS IN WHITE.but as in similar to features whitesor peoples much north of the equator have, like longer noses,thinner hair,despite the eastern africans still having high cheekbones and thicker lips,this is all due to originating further and further away from equator were the climate change took effect on africans as thousands of years passed from the first african eve to her descendants.

BACK ON TOPIC,I WANNA TALK ABOUT THIS SPANIARD THING.

Its funny because everyone failed to seem to mention how if one originates from spain they too have even more AFRICAN DECENT FROM NORTHEASTERN AFRICAN MOORS THAT CONQUERED MUCH OF SOUTHERN EUROPE,SPAIN,ITALY SICILY OVER 1,000 YEARS AGO AND INTERBREEDED WITH THE WHITE EUROPEANS THERE ,THE MOORS SUCH AS HANNIBAL OR GENERAL TARIK SWEPT THROUGH THOSE AREAS AND CONQUERED FOR 100'S OF YEARS SO AT TIME BEFORE THE MOORS DIED OUT,SPAIN I AM SURE LOOKED JUST LIKE IT DOES IN PUERTO RICO.OR CUBA,even today if you study the features of a spaniard and many sicilians they retain there northern african features by much and sickle cell anemia a common disease among people of african decent is one of the most common illnesses in CAUCASOID ITALIANS LIKE SILICIANS WHO ARE WHAT I LIKE TO REFER TOO AS CAUCASIONS OF AFRICAN DECENT.

SO being a dominican would simply mean you are of WESTERN AFRICAN,NORTHERN AFRICAN(STILL AFRICAN) AND EUROPEAN AND WHAT TAINO BLOOD IS IN A DOMINICAN DECENT .AND with this all mixed together the african traits(the most dominant traits in mans race)still prevail by much,even in the whitest rican or dominican.AND GUESS WHAT WE ARE STILL HUMAN! AND NO BETTER THAN WHITE PEOPLE OR ANYONE ELSE,IF I SHOOT YOU WITH A BULLET TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND MAJORITY OF SOCIETYS KNOWLEDGE ANYONE OF ANY RACE OR SHADE OR COLOR CAN BE MURDERED OR WOUNDED OR INFLICTED WITH PAIN.WAKE UP CALL(WE ARE ALL HUMAN)

May i ask any dominican why would they embrace there spaniard roots? I MEAN IT IS ONE THING TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT.BUT TO EMBRACE SUCH A SICK GROUP OF PEOPLE IN ITS DAY the spaniards were responsible for the most crooked,sickest,disease spreading,most murderous land stealing beings in its time.ON THE ISLAND OF PUERTO RICO.the same exact thing that happen in america happen there.THE RUNAWAY AFRICAN SLAVES IN THS U.S MIGRATED NORTH AND MANY MANY OF THEM WERE TAKEN IN BY NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS AND INTERBREEDED WITH THEM AND TREATED AS THERE OWN.THE NATIVE AMERICANS WERE RATHER IMPRESSED AT THE IMMUNITY THE AFRICAN MAN HAD AGAINST THE MANY DISEASES THE WHITE MAN(CHRIS COLUMBUS AND HIS BOYS) BROUGHT OVER TO THE STATES KILLING THOUSANDS OF NATIVE AMERICANS alot of history books in schools leave this major thing out.THEY WERE ALSO IMPRESS HOW WELL THE AFRICANS AGED AND HOW THERE DARK SKIN SERVED AS PROTECTION FROM MANY ILLNESSES AND SKIN DISEASES(THAT WOULD BE THE HIGH AMOUNTS OF MELANIN).I myself A black male whose nationality is african american have much native american ancestry along with my predominantly african ancestry and i also have european ancestry do i acknowledge the european ancestry?? of course .Shall i embrace it?? HELL NO!.the few euros in my family tree raped my african female ancestors and forced them to have kids to create more slaves why would i embrace a rapist and a man who treated my african cestors like PURE CRAP AND ENSLAVED THEM.SOME WHITE SLAVE OWNERS ACTUALLY WERE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY TREATING HIS MULATTO DAUGHTER/SON HE FATHERED WITH HIS AFRICAN SLAVE LIKE A PRINCE OR PRINCESS OR AS IF SHE WAS WHITE(SIMILAR TO THOMAS JEFFERSON TREATING SALLY HEMMINGS KIDS HE FATHERED LIKE THEY WERE WHITES AND BETTER THAN OTHER SLAVES) Anyways the same exact thing happen in puerto rico were the runaway african slaves ran to the mountains and were taken in by the island taino indian and interbreeded with them.This is why today the average puerto rican pending were from has the long indian hair thats thick with that african thickness to it and features that are rather african and indian and ones and with obvious white and spaniard blood.they too are still of northern african decent too being of spaniard decent due to the moorish conquering in southern europe 100's of years before the spaniards even found the island of puerto rico which was 100's of years ago from today.

Lets talk about mexico and mexicans,THE SAME APPLIES TO THEM THE ONES OF SPANIARD DECENT ARE STILL OF NORTHERN AFRICAN DECENT ALSO,AND NOT ONLY THAT THE AZTEC AND INCAS WHO WERE THE MEXICAN,EL SALVORDORIANS ANCESTORS,ANCESTORS WERE BLACK AFRICANS THAT WENT BY THE NAMES OF THE OLMECS.READ UP ON IT!

BASICALLY I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS IT BOILS DOWN TO SIMPLY THIS......

DOMINICANS,AFRICAN AMERICANS,CUBANS(MOST),RICANS(MOST PENDING WERE FROM),BRAZILIANS,JAMAICANS,HAITAINS,HONDURANS,TRINIDADIANS,MULATTOS,ARE ALL STILL BLACK PEOPLE,BECAUSE THE FEATURES OF THERE AFRICAN ANCESTORS (THE FIRST PEOPLES ON EARTH) SHOWS MUCH CLEARLY IN THEM,AND EVERY HUMAN ON THIS PLANET HAS A COMMON AFRICAN ANCESTOR.AND BY THIS,WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS NONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER,IGNORANCE,INTELLIGENCE,CROOKEDNESS,CRUELNESS,COMES IN ALL SHADES AND COLORS OF HUMANITY,AND WHEN IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IT,,NEITHER ONE OF US SH*T SMELLS LIKE ROSES!!!!!.

[/B]

Last edited:

dominicans_are_black

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 4, 2006
i Always Use This Rather Cruel Disturbing Joke/story As A Reality Wakeup Call To A Dominican Who Is In Denial Of His African Ancestry:::::two Men A African American And A Dominican Walk The Streets Of Biloxi Missisipi At 3am,the Good Ole Redneck Boys Jimmy Lee And Bobby And Early Ray Decide They Wanna Shed Some Jiggaboo Blood Tonite Yyeeahhhaww,they Pack Up In The Truck And Decide To Kidnap The Two Men. Jimmy Lee Say Lets Hang These Niggers!!! Bobby Grabbed The Rope,the Dominican Says ,noo Noo You Have Me Mistaken,i Am A Latino,i Am A Dominican, Jimmy Lee Pauses Looks Spits Out The Ole Tobacco Juice And Says

Weeelpp!!!ole Well The """NIGGER""" Is A DOMINA-WHATEVER-THE HOO SPIC So Hang His Ass Too"" And Both Were Sadly Hung...reality Wakeup Call!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
dominicans_are_black said:
i Always Use This Rather Cruel Disturbing Joke/story As A Reality Wakeup Call To A Dominican Who Is In Denial Of His African Ancestry:::::two Men A African American And A Dominican Walk The Streets Of Biloxi Missisipi At 3am,the Good Ole Redneck Boys Jimmy Lee And Bobby And Early Ray Decide They Wanna Shed Some Jiggaboo Blood Tonite Yyeeahhhaww,they Pack Up In The Truck And Decide To Kidnap The Two Men. Jimmy Lee Say Lets Hang These Niggers!!! Bobby Grabbed The Rope,the Dominican Says ,noo Noo You Have Me Mistaken,i Am A Latino,i Am A Dominican, Jimmy Lee Pauses Looks Spits Out The Ole Tobacco Juice And Says

Weeelpp!!!ole Well The """NIGGER""" Is A DOMINA-WHATEVER-THE HOO SPIC So Hang His Ass Too"" And Both Were Sadly Hung...reality Wakeup Call!!
Dominicans are people from the country called the Dominican Republic, and they are not all black, even under your definition of blacks.

dominicans_are_black

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 4, 2006
bob saunders said:
Dominicans are people from the country called the Dominican Republic, and they are not all black, even under your definition of blacks.
THERE IS NO""MY"" DEFINITIONS OF BLACK,,DOMINICANS ARE FROM THE COUNTRY OF DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND YES THEY ARE MOSTLY ALL BLACK AND EVEN THE WHITEST ONES HAVE BLACK ANCESTORS

FACE IT

DEAL WITH IT

ACCEPT IT..

I DONT CARE HOW MUCH YOU DEBATE IT,,THEY ARE SEEN AS BLACK THROUGHOUT THIS WORLD BECAUSE OF THERE CLEARLY AFRICAN FEATURES,LIKE IT OR NOT.DEAL WITH IT..DOMINICANS ARE MIXED RACES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL BLACK..THERE IS NO MY DEFINITION TO IT..THAT STATEMENT IS AS PATHETHIC AND PITIFUL AND ORIGINATES FROM YOUR DENIAL OF WHATS CONSIDERED BLACK THROUGHOUT THIS WORLD..

MOST OF THIS WORLD OPERATES ON..IF IT LOOKS BLACK AND ITS FEATURES ARE BLACK THAN IT IS BLACK OR ITS ANCESTORS A DERIVED FROM AFRICA..GET OVER IT!!!!!!EVEN IF YOU CALL THAT A IGNORANT MENTALITY,THE FACT STILL REMAINS YOU BEING A DOMINICAN YOUR PRIAMRY ANCESTORS ARE STILL FROM AFRICA AND EVEN WHATEVER ELSE BLOOD YOU HAVE THERE MOST PRIMARY ANCESTORS WERE STILL AFRICAN.THERE IS NO ESCAPE OF IT AT ALL.STOP LOOKING FOR ONE..

Last edited:

dominicans_are_black

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 4, 2006
aegap said:
Hey, who said Rednecks were the brightest people.
THERE NOT BRIGHT JUST LIKE ANY DOMINICAN WHO THINKS HE IS NOT BLACK YET FEATURES ARE SO SIMILAR TO ANY PERSON OF AFRICAN DECENT

MY WHOLE POINT IS,,IN THE EYES OF AMERICANS AND THIS WORLD MOSTLY DOMINICANS ARE SEEN AS BLACK PEOPLE,YES THEY ARE LATINO AND YES THEY ARE DOMINICAN,YET THEY ARE STILL BLACK! I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT ANYONE SAYS ACCORDING TO THIS WORLD,IF ITS FEATURES REPRESENT IT THAN IT IS A PERSON OF ITS DESCENT WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE WITH AFRICAN FEATURES

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.