Assassination in Sabaneta

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Crooks arent assasinated ,they are executed .as corupt as the DR police may be they are the line and are charged with protecting you . in the '60s coruption in the NYPD aws so instituionalized that the adverage officers salery was doubled by graft. Cops were stationed in bordellos as security. But the department as a whole was recognized as one of the most effective in the nation.When push comes to shove do you want to be the one going through the door?Most cops american or otherwise take the job to make things better when they can,and greasing a few gangster a**holes to secure an area for the more decent people at times may be necessary:rambo::glasses:

Just to add to the above quote...
I would say the late 70's and 80's NYC crime was at an all time high. Some areas such as the south bronx and parts of brooklyn were in fact worse than many of the worse parts of the DR. You could not walk out late at night without getting robbed etc. etc. And yes corruption was rampant. It was the norm. 20 years later NYC is one of the safest places on the world. The bottom line is, as corrupt as the police may be, they are still needed.

Reminds me of Colonel Nathan Jessup's famous saying :pirate:"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Great Movie:cheeky:

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
Great Movie

I agree...that was a great movie, but can we really compare it to the DR police force? One can only hope that this will be the case 20 years from now...:)

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
repatriation

FYI the US is repatriating foreign born convicts at an alarming rate many of them are American raised Dominicans. Thats people that are not used to having their "rights" abused.Gang bangers (MS13,Latin Kings) coming soon to a campo near you:ermm:

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
"Good folk sleep well at night,knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf":pirate:

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
I agree...that was a great movie, but can we really compare it to the DR police force? One can only hope that this will be the case 20 years from now...:)

No way compare to the DR Police:squareeye... I just love that quote which is so true.

Further to my previous post regarding corruption. 20 years ago the NYPD was very corrupt and the city was a slum. This day and age, there is no widespread corruption and the city as i stated before is one of the safest. History does repeat itself.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
FYI the US is repatriating foreign born convicts at an alarming rate many of them are American raised Dominicans. Thats people that are not used to having their "rights" abused.Gang bangers (MS13,Latin Kings) coming soon to a campo near you:ermm:

Yep, just like they were told the penalty for breaking U.S. laws. We're only taking the good guys into the country. The rest go back to where they came from. Just like ALL other nationalities.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
I'm looking for a nice place to retire...DR is on my list but safety is on huge concern...am I overly concerned about the situation? I live a nice quiet, peaceful life...surrounded by warm water and presidente's...:)

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007

There is actually a gang in NYC called DDP. Stands for Dominicans Dont Play... Bunch of wannabe gangsters. Do a search on youtube and you will see how proud they are. They are deporting those who are convicted of felonies back to the DR and they are trying to form their gangs over there. The difference is, as we just seen by the OP's post is that they do NOT have the same rights as they do here in the states. They are well aware that they can commit robberies, murders, drugs, etc here in the states and if caught will be awarded the right to a fair and just trial. They do this over there and they may very well meet the same fate as those 3 in the paper did.

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
There is actually a gang in NYC called DDP. Stands for Dominicans Dont Play... Bunch of wannabe gangsters. Do a search on youtube and you will see how proud they are. They are deporting those who are convicted of felonies back to the DR and they are trying to form their gangs over there. The difference is, as we just seen by the OP's post is that they do NOT have the same rights as they do here in the states. They are well aware that they can commit robberies, murders, drugs, etc here in the states and if caught will be awarded the right to a fair and just trial. They do this over there and they may very well meet the same fate as those 3 in the paper did.
AAnd rightly so,I just love emerging nations:devious:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Fyi

Sabaneta has always been a hub for bad-ass criminals.
As long as I can remember, almost each time some heavy criminals were caught or killed in battle, they would come up as being from Sabaneta.
There's a deep area somewhere, as described by the OP, where they breed the lil' bastards.
This is nothing new.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It would appear that at least two of them were shot in the back of the head. Ask yourself - do you think they were running away?

Do you really think the police officers wanted the guys to get away and then have them come back later and shoot the police officers in the back?

Should the police had yelled, "Please turn around"?

Or is it acceptable to let them go because they are not facing you?

Bang!!!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I havent seen El Faro pics, do you have a link? The only pics I have seen were the 3 face up in post 62/63 of the thread that was closed.

???????? That thread (Costa Azul) wasn't closed. I just checked. And the 2 links I posted are still there, one of which was the El Faro link with the pics. The print version of the paper has much larger pics on the front page, btw.

The item about this incident in Listin is here but don't let the video fool you.
La República - PN mata tres de supuesta banda
No police were injured in the exchange of gunfire.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
From all over the country

... heavy criminals were caught or killed in battle, they would come up as being from Sabaneta...This is nothing new.
It would be and wrong, too.
One of the killed came from Sos?a, the other from Cotui.
At least this is what the paper said.

Janin

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It would be and wrong, too.
One of the killed came from Sos?a, the other from Cotui.
At least this is what the paper said.

Janin
Just as the crack whores we find around here, they do not originate from the Sosua/POP/Cabarete areas.
They come from all over the country, but they set up shop here, rent rooms/apartments/houses and have their bases here, same as the criminals in Sabaneta, I suppose.
They may not have all been born and bred there, but there's an enclave of criminals in some deep out of the way barrio/s.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
These men were part of a larger group of bad drugs dealers, that use the routes through Rio San Juan from the East, the Sabaneta road to Moca has had a heavy undercover police presence for some time especially in Jamoa, dont waste your sympathies on these scum. For all you concerned folks coming on holiday please dont be concerned, this country is still by far safer than many others in the world.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For all you concerned folks coming on holiday please dont be concerned, this country is still by far safer than many others in the world.

Thanks LB. Funny, I wasn't one bit concerned until I read your post. Now I need to check it out.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
According to some of the witnesses it wasn't. They're saying the guys were arrested first alive and later executed. Some of the witnesses phoned in to a local TV programme.
Jefe Polic?*a dispone investigar muertes alegados delincuentes abaneta de Yásica

National Police Chief says they are investigating.

This is typical anywhere... there will always be "witnesses" to contradict the actions of police.

What is ironic is those that are the first to cry that the police do nothing are always the first to criticize when they do do something.