Avatar - 3D @ Bella Vista Mall (Santo Domingo)

DRtime

Dec 27, 2009
I havent' seen it yet, but my buddy in Miami saw it, loved the first hour due to the amazing 3-d graphics, and then wanted to leave the theater in the last two hours, as he thought the movie is a hodgepodge of left-wing liberal propaganda. His daugthers wouldn't let him leave.

Wow, very surprised! We all saw it 2 nights ago in 3d imax, on a huge screen and it blew us away! 162 minutes just "flew" by.
Go see it.

Dave

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I havent' seen it yet, but my buddy in Miami saw it, loved the first hour due to the amazing 3-d graphics, and then wanted to leave the theater in the last two hours, as he thought the movie is a hodgepodge of left-wing liberal propaganda. His daugthers wouldn't let him leave.

I think that tells you more about your buddy than Avatar :)

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Loved, loved this movie. I went completely nuts with all the political and even religious messages behind it...Leave it to James Cameron to create such a film. All sci-fi nerds like myself would appreciate this film for many years to come.

It was great!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Saw it in IMAX 3D yesterday, the movie is completely stunning and breathtaking, I though I was going to fall of the ships.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OK...I have a couple of questions.
Is it in English with Spanish subtitles here on the island ?
Is there a screen size (and quality) difference between the theater in Santiago (plaza International) and the one showing this flick in the capital ?
What is the best theater on the island to view this flick ?

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Same question for me.

Is Avatar in English with Spanish subtitles or the other way around.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's in English with Spanish subtitles. Best place to see it in 3D in Santo Domingo is Bella Vista Mall. Many other places are showing it, but only in 2D.

It was on the street for RD$80 the day after in came out here :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
OK...I have a couple of questions.
Is it in English with Spanish subtitles here on the island ?
Yes.

waytogo said:
Is there a screen size (and quality) difference between the theater in Santiago (plaza International) and the one showing this flick in the capital ?
The theater @ Plaza International is as nice and modern as any theater you'll find. The screen size is standard as well.

In fact, the seats are VERY comfortable.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Are they showing in 3D ?
Yes. We saw it last Sunday at the 3:10 showing. The theater was not even half full, we sat where we wanted. As we left, the line for the next showing was VERY long...

3D is the only way to see it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the the movie which is shown in Imax 3D is the same as the one in plaza internacional 3D but smaller screen?
What is the major difference?
AZB