aventura concert

Nov 5, 2004
planner said:
Last year the concert started at 7 as well. Yeah right, not a chance.

Aventura came on after 11pm and only played just over an hour set.

There are 2 bands preceeding Aventure, Nicol Pena and Aquakate. SO, you can expect that Aventura will not start till late. GO ahead honey!!! YOu will have lots of time providing your flight is not too late. Your problem will be getting to the hotel and checking in first. Who are you flying down with? Maybe I can be of some help. Send me a PM and I will see what I can arrange with your tour operator! I know most of them now.

The drive from the airport is 25 mnutes to Playa Dorada. From there it is only 10 minutes to the site of the concert. You can easily make it in time.

There will be lots of tickets as there are no seats. Just a huge area where you stand around. We are purchasing VIP seating, it was 600 pesos last year. Guarantees you a seat and closer access to the stage. Lots of room to dance when you feel the urge too....

Let me know if I can help.

I'm annoyed at their schedual changes...It woulda been perfect for Andy's Ranch on the 26th..but that changed!!

Planner..thank you very much for your offer. Very kind :) But I'm not staying in Playa Dorada, I'm staying Luperon, my finacee's town. I dont think checking in will be a problem. And we have a vehicle...My fiancee is not thrilled with the idea of going to Aventura...but he said he would go if I really want too. Still haven't made up my mind if it will be worth it if they are really leaving by 9pm...but I have wanted to see them since I first heard them..and went out and bought their CD....hmmm...decisions decisions......but if its only 600 for VIP seating...will any of thoes tickets be left at the door for around 600 pesos still? or will the up the price at the door?

thank you very much for your help

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
On the 26th Aventura will definitely be in Moncion, I saw the signs for it while passing through Navarrete the other day. Peaches, that's not too bad for you coming from Luperon: you head towards Mao and then into the mountains to Moncion.
Bartolomeo back in Belgium :cry:

PeachezNcream84 said:
I'm annoyed at their schedual changes...It woulda been perfect for Andy's Ranch on the 26th..but that changed!!

Planner..thank you very much for your offer. Very kind :) But I'm not staying in Playa Dorada, I'm staying Luperon, my finacee's town. I dont think checking in will be a problem. And we have a vehicle...My fiancee is not thrilled with the idea of going to Aventura...but he said he would go if I really want too. Still haven't made up my mind if it will be worth it if they are really leaving by 9pm...but I have wanted to see them since I first heard them..and went out and bought their CD....hmmm...decisions decisions......but if its only 600 for VIP seating...will any of thoes tickets be left at the door for around 600 pesos still? or will the up the price at the door?

thank you very much for your help

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
I was looking at that..which still says Andy's Ranch on the 26th. And that is i have heard 10 minutes out of Santiago headed towards POP....and the other thing I have heard is that Andy's Ranch is by Naverette.....not sure if that could be the description on how to get to Naverette. I remember seeing the sign for it, but do not remember where I saw the sign!

Anyway to find the price?

I just think the atmosphere would be so much better in a Dominican R. setting ;)

Has anyone seen a concert in their december tour? and how was it?.

gin

Mar 19, 2004
Hi
I have friends who were at their concert with Elvis Crespo and El Jeffrey in SD on Christmas Day...great, but the doors opened at 10pm, the show started at 12am and finished at 5am with 1 hour break between each group :tired: ...

January 7th: Paco Pasha in Las Terrenas :glasses:

Enjoy ;)

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
didnt get to go

:cry: unfortunatly i didnt get to go to the concert in la romana. my husband doesnt go out at night around here because of all the crime. the other day we seen his friend and he showed me his bullet wound in is knee...a 6 inch slice swen up from some chick who got mad at her man, grabbed a gun and shot, missing who she meant to shoot, and hit this guy in the knee.....he was just standing outside the club chillen..that was enough for me to see to stay home. its sad that we cant do nothing at night bc of the crime here. my husband tells me it didnt used to be this dangerous but for some reason now it is. sad...

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
audboogie said:
:cry: unfortunatly i didnt get to go to the concert in la romana. my husband doesnt go out at night around here because of all the crime. the other day we seen his friend and he showed me his bullet wound in is knee...a 6 inch slice swen up from some chick who got mad at her man, grabbed a gun and shot, missing who she meant to shoot, and hit this guy in the knee.....he was just standing outside the club chillen..that was enough for me to see to stay home. its sad that we cant do nothing at night bc of the crime here. my husband tells me it didnt used to be this dangerous but for some reason now it is. sad...

I can understand you. Going out at night where there is a large crowd of drinking dominicans can be a bit of an adventure. Also at this Aventura concert in La Romana, after the show was finished, a fight broke out, it only lasted a minute or so and security was there very quickly. We were safe on the first floor of the disco.
Last Summer I was often at the open-air Merengue Festival in SD. On the last night, the crowd was enormous, I felt the tension from the beginning. Then it started to go wrong. You know how it goes, someones pushes into someone, they bump into more people, and soon half of the audience is running away in all directions thinking that people are throwing empty beer bottles around. Then some idiots took out their guns and started shooting. Everyone hiding where they could and Rubby Perez on stage not knowing what to do. It calmed down after 10 minutes but you didn't want to be there that night.
You'll get the chance to see Aventura in your country, don't worry.
Bartolomeo

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It is true you have to pick and choose where you go. And even then you can be wrong. I've been to nice upscale clubs where violence broke out, and I've been to trash bars where everything is very peaceful.

I've learned to trust my gut instincts and get the hell out when things are not feeling right.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
planner said:
It is true you have to pick and choose where you go. And even then you can be wrong. I've been to nice upscale clubs where violence broke out, and I've been to trash bars where everything is very peaceful.

I've learned to trust my gut instincts and get the hell out when things are not feeling right.

How did the Aventura concert go in Puerto Plata?
I hope it wasn't cancelled like the big gigs in Santo Domingo.