Avoiding Overstay Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
A lot of us here that were unable to leave the DR during the pandemic for a myriad of reasons eg no flights, borders closed, cost of quarantine etc etc

I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully escaped the DR without paying the overstay fee. The Dominican government are charging the entire fee regardless of the fact they too closed their borders for a period of time during the pandemic preventing people from avoiding the overstay fee.

Looking forward to hearing your success or failure stories.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A lot of us here that were unable to leave the DR during the pandemic for a myriad of reasons eg no flights, borders closed, cost of quarantine etc etc

I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully escaped the DR without paying the overstay fee. The Dominican government are charging the entire fee regardless of the fact they too closed their borders for a period of time during the pandemic preventing people from avoiding the overstay fee.

Are you a good swimmer?
The Mona Passage is only 80 miles.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

I doubt there is a pandemic discount. If you didn’t leave yet since before the pandemic that’s a long time. Keep us posted.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Short answer.
No.
You've a better chance of winning the lottery.
(Ya gotta play to win!)

Reactions: dot

rockito50

Jan 9, 2020
Get a guy from inside the airport have him meet you in the parking lot, and have him stamp you passport for 100 peso

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Get a guy from inside the airport have him meet you in the parking lot, and have him stamp you passport for 100 peso
Although corruption is still a very big problem with most government institutions
there is no way you are going to talk an immigration officer into meeting you in a
parking lot and stamping your passport, which is scanned and logged into their computer system,
for a 100 pesos. This advice is some of the worst advice I've ever seen any one give on this forum.
I do not attempt to bribe an immigration officer inside an airport. I can all but guarantee you
will regret it. (no doubt Sky will agree)

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
i Wonder if a yacht out of puerto plata or luperon might be viable? so long as you never want to return lawfully…

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
Our poster must think the marine entries are unregulated......

They are for swimmers - but not boats
Ah willie Webster you must not have ever exited a country by boat. What happens is you take all your docs to sign out, you wait for an inspection of the vessel, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t, then you have a small window of time to leave. That’s where I would jump aboard. sayonara.

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
Why not just pay. It isn't that much. If one is dishonest with something like this do you really want to associate with them?
Well Bobby boy as pointed above it could be deemed as unfair that I should have to pay since overstaying was beyond my control however you sound like you are flush with cash so I reckon $16,000 pesos from your pocket change should cover it and I’ll promise to go to confession after associating with them, hows that grab ya Bobstar?

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
Some people claim that you can go to Haiti and fly out of there.
I have been out thru Haiti on a Friday market day, no border control, arrived back in Santo Domingo 3 months later and was forced to pay the previous overstay fee before entering. Mofos 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.