AZB- I am trying to contact you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I was expecting it to be a chiropractic related phone call.
Anyway, what makes anyone feel that I would have been thrilled to spy on some broke ass tigre from sajoma? Sking I have heard from some people that you wanted to move to santiago to change your environment and to meet some decent people. I hope, if you are invited to someone's home example: hillbilly etc, please don't show up with your jobless tigre. :)
AZB

AZB, sorry that I misunderstood you from alot of your other posts. I will not bother you again. I moved to Santiago for my children's school. Moving to DR period was a change in environment and sorry if I don't think that there are only decent people in Santiago, there are decent people in every city AND CAMPO in DR.
I would hope that if someone was inviting me to their home that that would mean that they wanted to socialize with ME and wouldn't care who I showed up with but in case anyone is scared, if you invite me to your home I will show up alone. No tigeres...........and I'll even leave my children home for good measure. Their skin is dark and the glances from the "decent" folks in Santiago may bring down the buzz.
I know lots of "decent" people here in Santiago, I do not go slumming the barrios for men,this was someone I met through my friend's husband and before it even went far, I wanted to knip it in the bud if his intentions are not good...............pa k lo sepa.
Anyway, I will end this with saying this...........
You have decent people you want me to meet? Bring it on, and the minute they say some sly classist, racist, or sexist remark........I will politely turn the other way and keep it moving.
Thanks so much guys for the info.
As always, it was a pleasure.
SHALENA

P.S.
I guess right now I should accept that I am not "decent" folk..........why????
Here's some reasons...............
-I f*cking love Bachata! I blast it while in my shower so loud that I am sure that they hear it in freakin' Jarabacoa!
-Me and my children eat fried chicken with our fingers!!! EEEEEEEWWWWWW!
-I ride in public cars, grinning and conversing with the chofer the whole way!
-I don't wear suntan lotion and obsess over getting dark so much that I run from the parking lot into the bank with a f*cking umbrella to sheild me from sun for the 2 seconds that it takes to reach the door
-I don't think that I can contact some incurable disease from poor dirty children in the street, and I teach my kids the same
-I don't think that I have to pay $200+ for an outfit to look good..........f*ck it, I look good in everything (most decent people don't)

And there's lots more but I'm not going to beat a dead horse..........
Take what you will from it
SHALENA

Damn, it's funny how in the USA I was fine, I had to come to a 3rd world country to find out that I am not "decent";););););)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Come now ABZ was just being his normal sensitive self. Trust your own judgement unless as CB suggests your own judgement has proven to be faultly in the past. I know mine has.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
AZB, sorry that I misunderstood you from alot of your other posts. I will not bother you again. I moved to Santiago for my children's school. Moving to DR period was a change in environment and sorry if I don't think that there are only decent people in Santiago, there are decent people in every city AND CAMPO in DR.
I would hope that if someone was inviting me to their home that that would mean that they wanted to socialize with ME and wouldn't care who I showed up with but in case anyone is scared, if you invite me to your home I will show up alone. No tigeres...........and I'll even leave my children home for good measure. Their skin is dark and the glances from the "decent" folks in Santiago may bring down the buzz.
I know lots of "decent" people here in Santiago, I do not go slumming the barrios for men,this was someone I met through my friend's husband and before it even went far, I wanted to knip it in the bud if his intentions are not good...............pa k lo sepa.
Anyway, I will end this with saying this...........
You have decent people you want me to meet? Bring it on, and the minute they say some sly classist, racist, or sexist remark........I will politely turn the other way and keep it moving.
Thanks so much guys for the info.
As always, it was a pleasure.
SHALENA

P.S.
-I f*cking love Bachata! I blast it while in my shower so loud that I am sure that they hear it in freakin' Jarabacoa!
-I don't wear suntan lotion and obsess over getting dark so much that I run from the parking lot into the bank with a f*cking umbrella to sheild me from sun for the 2 seconds that it takes to reach the door
-I don't think that I can contact some incurable disease from poor dirty children in the street, and I teach my kids the same
-I don't think that I have to pay $200+ for an outfit to look good..........f*ck it, I look good in everything (most decent people don't)
SHALENA

Damn, it's funny how in the USA I was fine, I had to come to a 3rd world country to find out that I am not "decent";););););)

I'm very happy that you're already settled in the DR :bunny:, i hope your kids like it too! did you bring with you your teenage daughter too? if yes, does she like it?

Don't pay much attention to what people say here, you will find honest, respectable people in Barrios too.

Not everyone in the DR want a gringa just to get to the U.S. Canada of Europa.

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Fundamental question:

Why would you even WANT to establish a relationship with someone who you question is trustworthy?

Are you repeating past behavior?
This website taints your brain...........the majority of people here are here to program you to think that every Dominican who does not come from "decent" folk in Santiago or SD are bad.
After reading thread after thread on "Mars and Venus" who wouldn't want to take precautions even if the other person never showed any reason to be untrustworthy?
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'm very happy that you're already settled in the DR :bunny:, i hope your kids like it too! did you bring with you your teenage daughter too? if yes, does she like it?

Don't pay much attention to what people say here, you will find honest, respectable people in Barrios too.

Not everyone in the DR want a gringa just to get to the U.S. Canada of Europa.

Thank you so much, yes my teenager is here and she feels real "crazy" for not wanting to come in the first place.
We plan to go to the US for the summer, and "Miss Thang" even had the nerve to ask me did she have to go!
The people like you on this site is what keeps us lower class citizens coming back:squareeye:squareeye:squareeye
SHALENA

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Thank you so much, yes my teenager is here and she feels real "crazy" for not wanting to come in the first place.
We plan to go to the US for the summer, and "Miss Thang" even had the nerve to ask me did she have to go!
The people like you on this site is what keeps us lower class citizens coming back:squareeye:squareeye:squareeye
SHALENA

I'm glad she likes it there, give her a year and she will become completely bilingual :bunny: "Dominicana de pura cepa".

Keep an open mind when it come to men in the DR, they're very Machista i know, but you'll find the perfect match for you.

The first thing you should tell whoever you date, that you are not planning to move to the U.S. EVER, if he wants to date you believing that you're going to bring him to the STATE, he better find somebody else.

Good luck ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This website taints your brain...........the majority of people here are here to program you to think that every Dominican who does not come from "decent" folk in Santiago or SD are bad. SHALENA

Sorry Shalena but I have to disagree with this. I think you are probably referring to a vocal minority rather than the prudent majority who have seen this subject discussed over & over and do not wish to encourage entrenched viewpoints.

As to your judgement, well when I saw you asking a chiropracter for relationship advice I did ...........pause ;). Consult him on his profession of course. But on relationship advice we are none of us experts.

Glad to hear you are settling in well :) and great to know the kids love it here!

Thanks for letting me know, actually I am a little embarassed about what I need him to do but it is something that is right up his alley.
It is sad but I even think he would enjoy doing it.
We will see, someone gave me his number, I will call him and ask him.
I am desperate.
SHALENA

Thanks Guys!

If its up his alley then I guess im in the same alley, let me know if i can help ya.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
P.S.
SHALENA

Love it!!!! :cheeky:

Live your life as you wish.

As for this guy, use the same judgement you would use at home or better yet just be free for a while till you understand the culture better. Don't play games, it could backfire. ;)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i think the decent people are pretty ... not decent.

and this site does taint the brain - but it does probably save a few hearts of dumb gringas (can i call someone dumb on here? or is that an attack?) who fall for the "i lost my job and can't find another one, so i'll move in with you and YOU support me and then take me to the states because i've convinced you that there are no jobs here and i'll do better in the states" scheme,

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry Shalena but I have to disagree with this. I think you are probably referring to a vocal minority rather than the prudent majority who have seen this subject discussed over & over and do not wish to encourage entrenched viewpoints.

As to your judgement, well when I saw you asking a chiropracter for relationship advice I did ...........pause ;). Consult him on his profession of course. But on relationship advice we are none of us experts.

Glad to hear you are settling in well :) and great to know the kids love it here!
I definitely did not want ADVICE from him!
If its up his alley then I guess im in the same alley, let me know if i can help ya.
Apparently it's not, even though in several posts he begs for the opportunity to be able to uncover some sanky for all of us non-decent people. That is the only reason I wanted to contact him...we'll talk, you and I........I'll PM you
Some of us have a special problem, or at least I do...I have too much money to outright trust the barrio folk and not enough to feel comfortable with the "decent" folk.
PROFESSIONAL WITH GHETTO TENDENCIES

As for this guy, use the same judgement you would use at home or better yet just be free for a while till you understand the culture better. Don't play games, it could backfire. ;)
Of course, I am not rushing into anything right now...enjoying my life.....
i think the decent people are pretty ... not decent.

and this site does taint the brain - but it does probably save a few hearts of dumb gringas (can i call someone dumb on here? or is that an attack?) who fall for the "i lost my job and can't find another one, so i'll move in with you and YOU support me and then take me to the states because i've convinced you that there are no jobs here and i'll do better in the states" scheme,
Exactly

SHALENA

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This website taints your brain...........the majority of people here are here to program you to think that every Dominican who does not come from "decent" folk in Santiago or SD are bad.
After reading thread after thread on "Mars and Venus" who wouldn't want to take precautions even if the other person never showed any reason to be untrustworthy?
SHALENA
Nobody taints MY brain, darlin', that brain belongs to me. I make my own judgements and form my own opinions without consulting the thundering herd.

I spend almost no time in M/V. And my question has nothing to do with the DR.

Again I ask: why would you want to become involved with a person your gut says that you need to pull some deceptive scam to prove his fidelity?

Have you trwad this path before?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Nobody taints MY brain, darlin', that brain belongs to me. I make my own judgements and form my own opinions without consulting the thundering herd.

I spend almost no time in M/V. And my question has nothing to do with the DR.

Again I ask: why would you want to become involved with a person your gut says that you need to pull some deceptive scam to prove his fidelity?

Have you trwad this path before?

No, I have not
SHALENA

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
It's going to take you a while to find out who your friends really are.

Campesinos may seem "humilde", but don't let that fool you-they can be just as slick and conniving as anyone else.

For some, the family-oriented atmosphere they project is usually not reserved for outsiders unless there is an ulterior motive, especially if you are a foreigner.

But since you now live there, feel free to take your time and get to know people, but I wouldn't be so open to inviting people I don't know into my personal life unless I was sure they weren't full of it regardless of who recommended them.

You are a grown woman with a couple of kids-you have the right to demand a BS-free personal life at this stage of the game.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
It's going to take you a while to find out who your friends really are.

Campesinos may seem "humilde", but don't let that fool you-they can be just as slick and conniving as anyone else.

For some, the family-oriented atmosphere they project is usually not reserved for outsiders unless there is an ulterior motive, especially if you are a foreigner.

But since you now live there, feel free to take your time and get to know people, but I wouldn't be so open to inviting people I don't know into my personal life unless I was sure they weren't full of it regardless of who recommended them.

You are a grown woman with a couple of kids-you have the right to demand a BS-free personal life at this stage of the game.

You are absolutely right...and your advice, unlike some others, I do hold with high esteem;)
Thank you.
SHALENA:cheeky:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Exactly, then I would drop him like he's hot!!
But thanks for that information.
SHALENA

With that mindset I don't think you would be able to maintain a healthy relationship with a Dominican.

In those circumstances no Dominican or only a 1% will say no to a flirting woman because he is in a relationship, the girl have to be extremely ugly, or if the place is too crowded that he feels may be dangerous to take the risk of somebody who knows you see him flirting with a girl.

Don't get in relationships right away, if you like the guy just go out with him without the relationship tag, that will give you the time to know him better and enjoy him at the same time.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

And live with the consequences. I don't agree with the way AZB say things but...I have never invited a chopo to my house in the D.R. The people I invite don't come with chopo either. My friends know better and know me better.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
With that mindset I don't think you would be able to maintain a healthy relationship with a Dominican.

Don't get in relationships right away.

I would say wait 8-12 months before you date anyone there.

As hard as it may be stay single (with all those beautiful men in the DR lol), even if they call you stuck up...but you will stand out in a good way, to the men and women, as the non typical foreigner who is desperate to get a man.

On your frequent trips back to the US go on a few stress free dates with some American men where your odds on finding the one are much higher IMO, or if only to break up the boredom.
Maybe you might luck out and find a guy who might move to the DR. You never know.

There are just too many other 'variables' and 'stresses' that make dating a Dominican man more difficult for a foreign women. Dating should be fun, who needs the extra stress of worrying if he just wants your money or a VISA.

Follow Hillbillys dating rules to a 'T', even if that means that will greatly decrease your possible mates. I know that 'judging' someone on how much money they have and what post secondary education level they completed may feel unnatural, uncomfortable and even morally wrong to you....because back home you or I would not use those criteria in judging a possible mate.
In the DR thats just using good judgement.

I would encourage you be VERY open to dating the numerous cute non-Dominican men on the island....the Americans, Europeans, Canadians, etc.

Good luck cause I know being a single female in the DR and dealing with the constant and persistent advances of men is not easy (even though at first most Dominicans thought I was Dominican until I spoke). I told many a DR men who approached me I was from another poor Caribbean island 'Jamaica' (not Canada) or I grew up in Canada but my dad was a Dominican in the DR military or police department in high ranking and I would sit back watch them run LOL.
Thank goodness I met so many amazing 'good' Domincan and expat friends in my first 2 weeks. So I was never lonely or wanting to rush into a relationship.
All my Dominican novios were under the age of 10 years old. lol

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

In those circumstances no Dominican or only a 1% will say no to a flirting woman because he is in a relationship, the girl have to be extremely ugly, or if the place is too crowded that he feels may be dangerous to take the risk of somebody who knows you see him flirting with a girl.

Don't get in relationships right away, if you like the guy just go out with him without the relationship tag, that will give you the time to know him better and enjoy him at the same time.
I wasn't actually thinking about flirting, I can deal with that........I was thinking about something a little more advanced. Also to see what he would be referring to me as...."La Cartera" I would not have liked;)

And live with the consequences. I don't agree with the way AZB say things but...I have never invited a chopo to my house in the D.R. The people I invite don't come with chopo either. My friends know better and know me better.
Nice to know you are a DECENT person

I would say wait 8-12 months before you date anyone there.

As hard as it may be stay single (with all those beautiful men in the DR lol), even if they call you stuck up...but you will stand out in a good way, to the men and women, as the non typical foreigner who is desperate to get a man.

On your frequent trips back to the US go on a few stress free dates with some American men where your odds on finding the one are much higher IMO, or if only to break up the boredom.
Maybe you might luck out and find a guy who might move to the DR. You never know.

There are just too many other 'variables' and 'stresses' that make dating a Dominican man more difficult for a foreign women. Dating should be fun, who needs the extra stress of worrying if he just wants your money or a VISA.

Follow Hillbillys dating rules to a 'T', even if that means that will greatly decrease your possible mates. I know that 'judging' someone on how much money they have and what post secondary education level they completed may feel unnatural, uncomfortable and even morally wrong to you....because back home you or I would not use those criteria in judging a possible mate.
In the DR thats just using good judgement.

I would encourage you be VERY open to dating the numerous cute non-Dominican men on the island....the Americans, Europeans, Canadians, etc.

Good luck cause I know being a single female in the DR and dealing with the constant and persistent advances of men is not easy (even though at first most Dominicans thought I was Dominican until I spoke). I told many a DR men who approached me I was from another poor Caribbean island 'Jamaica' (not Canada) or I grew up in Canada but my dad was a Dominican in the DR military or police department in high ranking and I would sit back watch them run LOL.
Thank goodness I met so many amazing 'good' Domincan and expat friends in my first 2 weeks. So I was never lonely or wanting to rush into a relationship.
All my Dominican novios were under the age of 10 years old. lol
We spoke today, and I explained the situation to him being that I was recently moved I thought that things should slow down. I just want to enjoy DR, I did not move here to find a man. He said that he understood, and all in all, if nothing did come of us, at least we both made a good friend.
And he just called me to talk and make sure that I had locked the front gate.
Such chopoism!!

SHALENA

Status
Not open for further replies.