BabyDoc has returned

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
3030361.jpg

good

Good but I hope the money is not going to just sit there in a swiss bank account. They should find a way to return the money to benefit the Haitian people.

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
What I reading about the law was that it was designed for the funds to go back to the treasury of the country it was looted from.

I guess when Haiti gets a president, that he or she can take the matter from there.

Hope that Haitians, the diaspora, and the press holds them accountable for how that money is spent.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
What I reading about the law was that it was designed for the funds to go back to the treasury of the country it was looted from.

I guess when Haiti gets a president, that he or she can take the matter from there.

Hope that Haitians, the diaspora, and the press holds them accountable for how that money is spent.

I hope so too. I also hope to see the just as unlikely end to World hunger and Human suffering everywhere in my lifetime.

No, the next leader who steals from the Haitian treasury will be smart enough to deposit his loot..err..laundry.... in Bolivia, Guinea-Bissau or Zimbabwe.

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
I hope so too. I also hope to see the just as unlikely end to World hunger and Human suffering everywhere in my lifetime.

No, the next leader who steals from the Haitian treasury will be smart enough to deposit his loot..err..laundry.... in Bolivia, Guinea-Bissau or Zimbabwe.

I hear you.

I'm convinced that 100% of the money will NOT go towards anything constructive.

Under papa/baby..maybe 5 % of money earmarked for constructive things actually got there.

Realistically, and knowing what I know about the history of the country and MY people, I'd be happy with 50%.

The fact that Devil-ier ,not a misprint, stole the money and got it stolen BACK is enough for me.

You know I used to have discussions with my friends and I told them that all that foolishness you might see in a new hip hop video, idiots throwing money in the air....

devil-ier started that.....I have cousins who told me , and I've seen clips of him driving through a poor section of Haiti and tossing money out the window for the poor people to pick up.
the way you'd throw feed to your chickens
F that devil.

Last edited:

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
WHAT: Univision will present a worldwide exclusive interview by Dominican TV journalist Alicia Ortega with the infamous former dictator of Haiti, Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier, who returned to Haiti on Jan. 16. In the interview, Duvalier will address the reasons for his surprising return, his methodology for coming back, and whether he has any intention of seeking power again. He will also address key questions regarding allegations that he still has millions of dollars in Swiss banks and the lawsuits recently filed against him in Port-Au-Prince for corruption during his rule of Haiti.

WHEN: Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2011

TIME: An abbreviated version of the interview will air on “Noticiero Univision” at 6:30 pm. The full interview will air during “Aqu? y Ahora” at 10 pm ET/PT (9 pm CT)

those with univision west coast can catch this or tape it....

==========================================================

QU?: La cadena Univisi?n presentar?, en exclusiva mundial, una entrevista realizada por la periodista dominicana Alicia Ortega al notorio ex dictador de Hait?, Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier, quien regres? a su pa?s el pasado 16 de enero. En la entrevista, Duvalier hablar? sobre las razones de su sorpresivo regreso, el m?todo que sigui? para volver, y si tiene intenciones de buscar el poder de nuevo. Tambi?n contestar? preguntas claves sobre las acusaciones que se le hacen de que todav?a tiene millones de d?lares en bancos suizos, y sobre las demandas legales recientemente introducidas contra ?l en Puerto Pr?ncipe por corrupci?n durante su gobierno.

CU?NDO: Martes 1ro de febrero, 2011

HORA: Una versi?n breve de la entrevista saldr? al aire en el “Noticiero Univisi?n” a las 6:30 pm. La entrevista completa se transmitir? en el programa “Aqu? y Ahora” a las 10 pm Este/Pac?fico (9 pm Centro)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Or you could watch the full interview this Thursday night, at 11pm Dominican time. On Antena Latina channel 7.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Great info but Alicia Ortega IS NOT DOMINICAN. She is Cuban from Miami who moved to the DR.

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
Great info but Alicia Ortega IS NOT DOMINICAN. She is Cuban from Miami who moved to the DR.

that was the press release.
interestingly, and strangely, enough...the English version is more clear than the Spanish version.

English version says "Dominican TV" reporter

Spanish version says Dominican reporter, unless I read it wrong.

At any rate, she scooped all Canadian, American, and Spanish language reporters by landing the interview.

Gonna have to see the English transcript to fully understand it all though.