Bachata - Tango

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Darlene, when I was a young lad, MUCHISIMO years ago, I used to participate in Salsa Dancing Contests at the Casa Borinquen Discoteque in Brooklyn. (Never won but came in third once. Third, big fricking deal, haha).

The moves are not there anymore but I think I can still shake my bones a little bit.

Nowadays, I rather listen to it and look at people dancing it. To me, it's a delight to watch people dance it, big time!.

But I don't mind, if alone with a darling, to dance salsa "clothesless", whahaha!!.

Ohhhh the HORROR!!!!!.

Roger and OUT # 3.....Please let it be the last one, please.....

It is easy to get 3rd place when there are only 3 participants.....lmao

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
QUOTE=miguel;547151]NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!.

Contra, ya veo que tu queres que Gardel se mueva en la tumba, wahahahaha!!.

MAR, let me put it "nice and simple" for you:

Tango is internationally accepted, by just about all levels of economics, as you said, meanwhile crapcha, I mean bachata is still NOT accepted by all levels of ecomonics, NOT even in it's country of origin and that's says A LOT!.

Don't forget that bachata is NOT a new genre, it's been around for generations and still is not accepted by all classes in the DR. It wasn't accepted then and it's not accepted now.

But, I guess everything is possible. Not in the DR though!.[/QUOTE]

Miguel, you wont have to wait 50 years.
Bachata has become so popular in europe and latin america that the most well known dance studios have bachata as one of their most requested dance.
And it has so much of a catching rhythm that many hard core tango lovers are now dancing tango to the tune of bachata emerging the two genres under BACHATANGO.

see some videos of some bachatango dancers and see how from this marriage bachata dancers will slowly take a more classy and elegant style which you can see already taking place by the koreans in this video.

YouTube - tango type sensual bachata these koreans will put any dominicans to shame any time.

these are the bachatango videos
YouTube - bachatango

YouTube - Bachatango Serena e Mauro

YouTube - Esibizione Bachatango Città Fiera Udine

YouTube - bachata tango

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El diantre!!!!......

Wow!!!! Miguel you will be about 105 by then...lol
jk
Wowwwww, you revived this "almost dead" thread and out ALLLL the posts, replied to 3 of mine......I CAN FEEEEEEEEELL the "love".....Wahahahahaha!.

Btw, if I am "97" NOW, in 50 years, I will be......well you know, ;).

ANNND btw, there were only 2 other dancers.....They gave 2nd place to the DJ....Yeah, that's how bad I was!!. Wahahahaha!.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Wowwwww, you revived this "almost dead" thread and out ALLLL the posts, replied to 3 of mine......I CAN FEEEEEEEEELL the "love".....Wahahahahaha!.

Btw, if I am "97" NOW, in 50 years, I will be......well you know, ;).

ANNND btw, there were only 2 other dancers.....They gave 2nd place to the DJ....Yeah, that's how bad I was!!. Wahahahaha!.

Hey miguel don't feel bad,
I used to only dance amongst mexicans, salvadoreans, peruvians and bolivians because these people would make me look good in dance floor but now i can't even do that anymore because now you see many of them dancing a bachata or a merengue better than many dominicans.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hey miguel don't feel bad,
I used to only dance amongst mexicans, salvadoreans, peruvians and bolivians because these people would make me look good in dance floor but now i can't even do that anymore because now you see many of them dancing a bachata or a merengue better than many dominicans.

you know what Mr.DR? about the mexicans and central americans dancing better bachata now a days, you might be right about that, come on Dominicans we must put more feeling into it.:cheeky:

wow I can't believe those videos of bachatango, but the only one that had flavor was the last one with all the couples dancing the bachatango, very nice and it had more movements.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
you know what Mr.DR? about the mexicans and central americans dancing better bachata now a days, you might be right about that, come on Dominicans we must put more feeling into it.:cheeky:

wow I can't believe those videos of bachatango, but the only one that had flavor was the last one with all the couples dancing the bachatango, very nice and it had more movements.

You are so right M.A.R we are falling behind the power curb.
Central americans are puting us to shame..lol

Also agree with you about the couple in the last bachatango video.

Giglet

Oct 8, 2007
I'm really enjoying watching these youtube clips.
It just shows how Bachata has taken off around the world especially Europe.
I think once you know basics on the bachata footwork and movement then you can always add your own style to it.

Watch this video clip of a Spanish couple doing a performance of Bachata then it turns into Cha Cha and back into Bachata for the finish.
It's normally quite difficult to perform bachata to an audience as it isn't as flashy as salsa, so these guys have obviously added a lot of footwork and open step and some spins to please the crowd.
They performed in the UK.

YouTube - Susana Montero & Inaki Fernandez

~Giglet~

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Where should I start.

I think Bachatango is a horrible dance concocted by the hip-swaying challenged. I think Bachata and Belly dancing go together and their union should be perfected. The couples on the Bailando Bachata videos, should show better control of their hips and the ladies should add more Belly dancing.

I am glad that Bachata is an international success. Whether you like it or not, Aventura had a lot to do with it success. Their concert at the Madison Square garden was a sold out. And the audience was not just Dominicans.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I'm really enjoying watching these youtube clips.
It just shows how Bachata has taken off around the world especially Europe.
I think once you know basics on the bachata footwork and movement then you can always add your own style to it.

Watch this video clip of a Spanish couple doing a performance of Bachata then it turns into Cha Cha and back into Bachata for the finish.
It's normally quite difficult to perform bachata to an audience as it isn't as flashy as salsa, so these guys have obviously added a lot of footwork and open step and some spins to please the crowd.
They performed in the UK.

YouTube - Susana Montero & Inaki Fernandez

~Giglet~

That is soooo hot.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Do you guys think that bachata could ever take the route of the tango, as a more passionate elegant genre of music? Maybe as the bachata generation matures and seeks a more refined, elegant bachata we'll see it reach the reputation of the tango. What do you think?

Hi Everyone!!!

Ha!!! We've come a long way baby since 2007". Bachata is now danced all over the world and now its danced in many different styles.
see this article.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Do you guys think that bachata could ever take the route of the tango, as a more passionate elegant genre of music? Maybe as the bachata generation matures and seeks a more refined, elegant bachata we'll see it reach the reputation of the tango. What do you think?

Hi Everyone!!!

Ha!!! We've come a long way baby since 2007". Bachata is now danced all over the world and now its danced in many different styles.
see this article.
There are Bachata dancers who are poetry in motion, but I'm afraid Bachata will never lose it's "grinding groins" element.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Forget about tango. It's a very pretentious dance style for snooty people. Way more people dance bachata. The Europeans prefer the romantic style of bachata. If you want to see some really good Dominican bachata, look for Samy El Mágico y Carolina on YouTube.