Back to school at Burger King!

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Burger-King-aulas-en-locales-Somos-Pueblo-1024x575.jpg

Resilience is a characteristic of the Dominican people. Private school communities are no exception. The parents, students, teachers and owners of private schools have decided to find a way around the Ministry of Education ban on in-person learning in Greater Santo Domingo. Groups of students are meeting in shopping mall food courts and fast food restaurants. Burger King is openly welcoming students to its restaurants.

For months, the restaurants have been open for the celebrating of children birthdays and family gatherings, why not welcome the children for classes?

The situation is that the Ministry of Education is only allowing partial reopening of public schools in municipalities where Covid-19 is 5% or less. This excludes Santo Domingo schools. The Ministry recently said it would penalize schools that reopened for in-person learning.

Meanwhile...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Aug 21, 2007
We separated from the Ministry of Education when schools remained closed in August. From that point on, we taught in the streets, in front of people’s houses, in churches and community centers. When schools opened again and they wanted us in their schools, we said no thank you. We like the feeling of being independent and more organic. Who says learning can only take place in a building called a school?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm kind of lost on the tax thing. What kind of tax is it? You're actually helping them out by providing a better service that they can provide and they reward you by taxing you? What am I missing?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I'm kind of lost on the tax thing. What kind of tax is it? You're actually helping them out by providing a better service that they can provide and they reward you by taxing you? What am I missing?
their need for more money in insaitable.........

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
"Private schools have been officially closed since March 2020. The Ministry has authorized the reopening of public schools in around 50 municipalities nationwide where Covid-19 positivity is under 5%"

Why are private schools forced to remain closed?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
"Private schools have been officially closed since March 2020. The Ministry has authorized the reopening of public schools in around 50 municipalities nationwide where Covid-19 positivity is under 5%"

As far as I understand, private schools as such are NOT forced to remain closed. However, most of them, I'd think are located in areas where the positivity rate is too high for the govt and therefore no schools can operate there. However, private schools in these areas would have more resources available to ensure classes are given in a safe manner, but as public schools are not allowed to open, private schools cannot open either...

Thank you Burger King for fighting against the DR govt...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Good question, with no real answer from the government. We have permission for grade three and grade six , with the appropriate safety measures , because they are writing pilot exams in June.