Baní bypass road is half way completed

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Circumvalacion-Bani-2-El-Nuevo-Diario.png

The Ministry of Public Works announced that the Baní beltway is 55% completed. Public Works Minister Deligne Ascención expects the road to be in operation by September 2022. The road calls for an investment of RD$2.2 billion. It will be 19.6 km long. The bypass will enable through traffic to avoid the congestion in the streets of Baní, capital of Peravia province.

Read more in Spanish:El Nuevo Diario

19 July 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yes Alfredo

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The completion of this bypass will be a relief for Bani and many motorists, especially truckers.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This will make such a huge difference to anyone traveling to the southwest. Driving through those small congested streets in Bani is a nightmare.

Reactions: PJT

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This will make such a huge difference to anyone traveling to the southwest. Driving through those small congested streets in Bani is a nightmare.
Not even mentioning the gruesome accidents.

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
The only way this project may work is for the transit police to enforce all heavy vehicles, buses,Haitian contraband etc. to travel through the circunvalación and that’s going to require a hell of a job from the traffic agents and whoever try to organize what is happening in Bani, since the project its having several exits to different zones, and that’s why I’m skeptical that it will work as intended, plus Bani street’s are already jammed with vehicles.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And the north coast is still the bastard child in these promised improvements . Three machines continue to rust across from the Perla Marina area where the Cabarete Bypass was to have been... Oh well. The focus is certainly on other parts of the DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
And the north coast is still the bastard child in these promised improvements . Three machines continue to rust across from the Perla Marina area where the Cabarete Bypass was to have been... Oh well. The focus is certainly on other parts of the DR.
I've been to Cabarete. I've been through Bani more times than I'd care to remember. No comparison as to the congestion, plus the fact that it's the gateway to the entire southwest from anywhere on the south coast from San Cristobal to Punta Cana.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I've been to Cabarete. I've been through Bani more times than I'd care to remember. No comparison as to the congestion, plus the fact that it's the gateway to the entire southwest from anywhere on the south coast from San Cristobal to Punta Cana.
Like I said, the north coast simply does not compare...