Ban Reservas account number issue

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I need some help. I am in the United States at the moment and I am trying to transfer money into my landlord's Ban Reservas account. I regularly deposit money into this account in person and the deposit slips show the account number as a nine digit number but the transfer company (Remitly) is saying that the account number should be ten digits. Any advise? I was just going to add a zero to the beginning of the number but I don't want the money to go into the wrong account as getting the money back would be like trying to get blood out of a stone. Thanks in advance.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I need some help. I am in the United States at the moment and I am trying to transfer money into my landlord's Ban Reservas account. I regularly deposit money into this account in person and the deposit slips show the account number as a nine digit number but the transfer company (Remitly) is saying that the account number should be ten digits. Any advise? I was just going to add a zero to the beginning of the number but I don't want the money to go into the wrong account as getting the money back would be like trying to get blood out of a stone. Thanks in advance.
Ban Reservas uses as 10 digit account number. First 3 are the branch, next 6 are your complete account number and last digit is what is called a verificador

Reactions: CaribeDigital

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
So the old account numbers were 15 digits i believe they differentiated between checking or savings class accounts. They simply truncated the first five. In the example below, the old nomenclature began with the 2. The new format you use the last 10.
200 -01 - 0123456789

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I am waiting to hear from my landlord,she is dumb as a bag of rocks so I doubt she knows. So my question is on my deposit receipts that I get from the bank that my moto guy gives me after making a deposit into the account it says cuenta: 123456789 ONLY NINE DIGITS. I have stacks of these receipts from three years of monthly deposits,every one is the same,NINE DIGITS...

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Tha
I am waiting to hear from my landlord,she is dumb as a bag of rocks so I doubt she knows. So my question is on my deposit receipts that I get from the bank that my moto guy gives me after making a deposit into the account it says cuenta: 123456789 ONLY NINE DIGITS. I have stacks of these receipts from three years of monthly deposits,every one is the same,NINE DIGITS...
I think your landlord's account is a very old account in which case the account has a leading zero in the account number. When Banreservas shorten the account number from 15 to 10 digits old account that contain a leading zero were not explicitly considered in their software. I think their software treats the account as a quantity and not as a string of numbers omitting the leading zero. All this to say, try adding a leading zero to the account number you have in the event you get nothing useful from your landlady. Please keep us posted as this night be useful for other posters.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
You could try sending her a small amount of money with the 0 in front of the number.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Tha
I think your landlord's account is a very old account in which case the account has a leading zero in the account number. When Banreservas shorten the account number from 15 to 10 digits old account that contain a leading zero were not explicitly considered in their software. I think their software treats the account as a quantity and not as a string of numbers omitting the leading zero. All this to say, try adding a leading zero to the account number you have in the event you get nothing useful from your landlady. Please keep us posted as this night be useful for other posters.
Bingo!! As I expected my landlady was clueless so I sent my moto guy to the bank to ask and you are spot on correct.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
You can add a zero before the account number. You could also ask your landlord to go to the bank and ask about it.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
You wi

Do you not also need the full IBAN and Swift codes ?
No. I added the zero at the beginning of the account number and the transfer went through. I used Remitly. I am usually in the DR to make my payments but I am stuck in the U.S. unexpectedly and this is my first attempt at doing it. My landlord lives in Switzerland with her Swiss husband and is of no use whatsoever. Thanks to all that helped solve the puzzle.