Banco Popular withdrawl limit?

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
for me, (OP), its just the absolute inconvenience of the issue, to pay the muchahchas is a pain in the ass, to pay the mortgage (collected over a few days is an ass), to give the Mother-In-Law her spending money (is an ass), I can't wait til someone takes this stupid system by the B**s and sorts it out.

To take out equivalent of $300 or GBP?100 out the bank to pay your everyday expenses is ludicrous.

Thinking my banking might be going elsewhere in the manana.
Steve

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
for me, (OP), its just the absolute inconvenience of the issue, to pay the muchahchas is a pain in the ass, to pay the mortgage (collected over a few days is an ass), to give the Mother-In-Law her spending money (is an ass), I can't wait til someone takes this stupid system by the B**s and sorts it out.

To take out equivalent of $300 or GBP?100 out the bank to pay your everyday expenses is ludicrous.

Thinking my banking might be going elsewhere in the manana.
Steve

My God my birthday drinks last night really had an effect, RD$3500, is $100, or GBP 73. Sorry.

And Mike yeah, you're absolutely right, ATM, ATH whatever, transaction fees are per withdrawl. Something I keep forgetting....

get $1000 pesos out, then think, maybe I should take another $500 just in case.........then remember that I gotta get the Muchacha money.....$35 plus $35 plud $35........... goes on.....

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Just used the ATM here in POP at the Bank and the limit today (Saturday MArch 14 around 6:00 PM) was 10,000. Now thats more like it.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
using my banco santa cruz card in banco popular i am able to withdraw RD2000 per transaction. With the same card from BHD i am able to withdraw RD3000 per transaction. And, the default withdrawal amounts are RD100, RD200, RD500. Its rather inconvenient.

Casa de Campo's ATM was best, it had high daily limits and high defaults for the buttons.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
usually the limits are not restricted by the machine, they are restricted by your bank/card.
my card is still good for 10.000.- per transaction with multiple transactions up to the cards daily limit.
exception are some machine at specific spots like gas stations, they are from the machine's side often limited, like i.e. the ATM at the gas station in veron here in PC is limited to 500 pesos.
Mike

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
yes you can use cards from other companies or banks in Banco Popular atms up to their normal limit. It is just Banco Popular cards in any machine - not just theirs which has this limit.

Matilda,

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate. I have a 5,000 USD limit debit card from a US bank. When using a Banco Popular ATM, I can only withdraw 10 kRD per swipe. So I think the machine has a limit also per card swipe.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Matilda,

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate. I have a 5,000 USD limit debit card from a US bank. When using a Banco Popular ATM, I can only withdraw 10 kRD per swipe. So I think the machine has a limit also per card swipe.

Yes it does have a limit per swipe - here in BP in Juan Dolio it is 10,000 but I have a 1000 pound limit so I can take out 5 times 10,000 in one go. My point was that Banco Popular have only limited their cards not the machine itself

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Yes it does have a limit per swipe - here in BP in Juan Dolio it is 10,000 but I have a 1000 pound limit so I can take out 5 times 10,000 in one go. My point was that Banco Popular have only limited their cards not the machine itself

I have also a RD10000,- limit here in JD but last week I only could get RD5000,- and had to get the rest inside. Even though there was a long line I was attended to right away. When asked for an explanation I was told that they lowered the limits for the clients safety.