Banker Trust- sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I haven't heard anything bad about Bankers Trust since they started business years ago in Sosua.

I have met Michael the owner on several occasions and also used their services.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I also haven't heard anything bad about Michael nor the business until this thread. I have many friends in Sosua and Cabarete as well as here in Cabrera. This is a "small island" so if someone is a crook you hear about it quite rapidly. I'm sure anyone can spin apparent facts into a negative outlook but in this country I prefer to see before I believe. From what I see, Banker's Trust is reasonable and reliable.

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
you know it is interesting to hear peoples responses.

If anyone has any concerns about this company please pm me.
Personally i have heard nothing bad as yet (other than above comments). I am however doing my research on them.

My question remains the same;
do you/have you heard of people that have invested money with them , have they
received the interest on time
received the principal back on request

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
i have used Anoeca for many years and they have been fabulous as they offer a similiar service. I have earnt great interest on my money, when ever i need the principal it was returned. I had heard about bankers trust and wanted to know if they we crooks or legit'

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
One the investment vehicles Banker Trust introduces to clients is E8 Alpha which is a hedge fund registered in the U.S. as a CTA (Commodity Trade Advisor) with the NFA (National Futures Association). This registration registers the fund with the SEC and FINNRA. While institutional oriented, accounts are accepted from qualified individuals and family offices.

A single product is offered at this time which is based on the portfolio managers past record of trading the S&P 500 futures since 2003. For the last 5 years he has delivered an average annual gain of +67% net to clients after all costs and fees.

Clients are under a "Managed Accounts" structure which means every client open their own account and control at all times their funds. E8 Alpha merely trades the account.

The registration as a CTA is a far higher level of registration then a stock broker or financial planner. Its regarded in the US as one of the most in-depth registrations of any type of financial advisor of any type.

Full criminal background checks are run as well as fingerprints for the FBI and full historical backgrounds are run for entire lifetimes not just the last 5 or 10 years.

Moreover, the managed account structure is much safer then your standard hedge fund since we do not control your funds nor commingle them with other clients funds. They are always separate in an account you the client open and control. Furthermore, all daily and monthly account statements are generated by a clearing firm not us. They are emailed directly to each client and we merely receive a copy. This eliminates any possibility of fake accounting or statements similar to Bernie Madoff who in fact was a crook.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This eliminates any possibility of fake accounting or statements similar to Bernie Madoff who in fact was a crook.

How can you pitch a managed futures fund with the word "Bernie Madoff" in the same sentence with a straight face?
Where are these funds domiciled and are they subject to US taxation?

tambo'

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
How can you pitch a managed futures fund with the word "Bernie Madoff" in the same sentence with a straight face?
Where are these funds domiciled and are they subject to US taxation?

tambo'

Clients are under a "Managed Accounts" structure which means that every client opens his own account and controls it at all times. Your account is domiciled where ever you want it to be. This fund is not subject to US taxation.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
This fund is not subject to US taxation.
If you are a US citizen it sure as hell is. Are you advising your clients to fail to report it (a felony) and just not pay? Tell that to the 17,000 UBS, HSBC and Credit Suisse clients who are the focus of tax fraud investigations for failing to report.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
If you are a US citizen it sure as hell is. Are you advising your clients to fail to report it (a felony) and just not pay? Tell that to the 17,000 UBS, HSBC and Credit Suisse clients who are the focus of tax fraud investigations for failing to report.

You are assuming that the person is a US Citizen. He did not state that.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You are assuming that the person is a US Citizen. He did not state that.

First off, you were answering Tambo, who is a US citizen.
Second, I said if you are a US citizen your advice is promoting a felony.
You made the blanket statement
This fund is not subject to US taxation
Which is a false statement if read by any US citizen. I guess you are assuming US citizens don't read this forum.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
BTW, I guess the USB whistleblower could't resist the 30% reward offered by the IRS. Can you guarantee your employees are so well paid they wouldn't be interested.

Last edited:

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
First off, you were answering Tambo, who is a US citizen.
Second, I said if you are a US citizen your advice is promoting a felony.
You made the blanket statement .
Which is a false statement if read by any US citizen. I guess you are assuming US citizens don't read this forum.

Firstly, "Tambo" did not identify his Citizenship.
Secondly, the statement was about the FUND and did not address any particular individual.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
One the investment vehicles Banker Trust introduces to clients is E8 Alpha which is a hedge fund registered in the U.S. as a CTA (Commodity Trade Advisor) with the NFA (National Futures Association).

The NFA has your membership listed as "pending" BASIC Details

This registration registers the fund with the SEC
The SEC reveals no registration, care to provide the CIK#?

This is one hell of a website to instill confidence: E8 Alpha Web Site | Elance Job

I'll be sure to recommend you to Jeff and Fred when I see them at shul this week. They need a new investment vehicle after Bernie left them in a lurch.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Firstly, "Tambo" did not identify his Citizenship.
Secondly, the statement was about the FUND and did not address any particular individual.

As I read this exchange,

The fund itself is tax exempt from US gov't.
The investor in the fund is taxable based on his/her situation.

Pretty straightforward.

I am familiar with a fund which will not accept any investment from a US citizen.
They are forbidden to invest in said fund.

I assume that this is because the fund does not want the expense of complying with the US administrative oversight.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
As I read this exchange,

The fund itself is tax exempt from US gov't.
The investor in the fund is taxable based on his/her situation.

Pretty straightforward.

I am familiar with a fund which will not accept any investment from a US citizen.
They are forbidden to invest in said fund.

I assume that this is because the fund does not want the expense of complying with the US administrative oversight.

Your reading is correct.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

OK to make a A** out of yourself with your own money, just don't try to explain the double talk to anybody else. This fund is registered in the US according to Seachange.

I'd be interested to see Tambo's spin on this.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So you are not even registered with The NFA, yet you are soliciting investors, SHAME ON YOU!
Are you a signal service or a CTA, big difference?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK to make a A** out of yourself with your own money, just don't try to explain the double talk to anybody else. This fund is registered in the US according to Seachange.

I'd be interested to see Tambo's spin on this.

I'm not sure I understand you.

I am mentioning a fund which will not entertain investments from US citizens.
I am not referring to Bankers Trust.

I suspect the non-US citizen fund is not interested in shouldering the admin costs of complying with US govt's scrutiny of multiple reports , etc.
This non-US citizen came to me through PriceWaterhouseCooper.
It is not a fly-by-night outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.