Banks to request vaccination card to visit branches; many religious leaders are against vaccinations

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Tarjeta-de-vacunacion-Salud-Publica-RD-e1634568507816.png

Several commercial banks in the Dominican Republic alerted their customers that as of Monday, 18 October 2021 they would be requesting people show a vaccination card with two doses to enter a bank. Likewise, government offices, gyms, universities, stores and many other businesses are now requesting the card. The decision comes after the Ministry of Public Health, under Public Health Law 42-01, ordered that vaccination cards or a recent PCR or antigen test be presented to enter enclosed spaces. The banks will also be allowing entry to those that have been vaccinated in October and are still pending the second dose.

The banks say that they will be accepting a digital or physical copy.

Meanwhile, those that oppose making Covid-19 vaccines obligatory to enter public spaces have presented the case to the Superior Administrative Court (TSA) and the Civil and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Here in the states, every banks, malls, etc dont require that but only events, venues yes.

DR is pushing this stupid rule too far, way to far.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Here in the states, every banks, malls, etc dont require that but only events, venues yes.

DR is pushing this stupid rule too far, way to far.
Maybe, IDK, you would be correct IF you left out NY state which is demanding vax cards for more that just venues.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Bank asked me for my vaccination cards today, supermarket didn't.
Was just talking to a good friend/ DR1 member down in Colombia telling him it appears to be selective enforcement up here across the board. We both laughed.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Well - I don't want to get to Migracion office in SD and have the wrong test
This is from the Migracion website today :

NEW NOTICE: As of Monday, October 18, to enter public institutions, any person over 12 years of age must present their vaccination card with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine and an identity document, as required The Ministry of Public Health provides in paragraph 11 of the third article of Resolution 000048. In case of having at least one dose of vaccine, the person must present an original PCR test with a maximum negative result seven days after it has been carried out. In case of not being vaccinated for medical reasons, the person must present a special permit issued by the Ministry of Public Health in accordance with Resolution 000048 of the MSP.

Resolution 000048 states that un-vaccinated persons may enter public institutions with a negative PCR test obtained within 7 days.
No mention of a "one dose of vaccine" required. Just a negative PCR test

What a mess :mad::mad::mad:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They should probably invite those Religious Leaders to a meeting in Haiti to discuss their position.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe, IDK, you would be correct IF you left out NY state which is demanding vax cards for more that just venues.
There is a strong connection between NY and the DR so would make sense if the DR looks more at NY state.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
No more discussion of religious extremism, Satanism or sly atheistic comments from this point forward, please.

Reactions: AlterEgo

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Because some posters have continued to twist this thread to religion, I have been forced to delete many posts that either ignored my previous warning or contained infractions of board rules.

Please stop with the snark, bashing and other religion-connected comments in posts.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Has any un-vaccinated person been to Migracion and Cedula offices and been admitted with only a negative covid test this week ?

The Migracion website says this : In case of having at least one dose of vaccine, the person must present an original PCR test with a maximum negative result seven days after it has been carried out.

Before yesterday the Migracion website had no mention of having one dose + test. How will anyone with no vaccine but has the required covid test be able to renew residency and cedula ?

I hope this : In case of having at least NO dose of vaccine, the person must present an original PCR test with a maximum negative result seven days after it has been carried out.