BanReservas: Talking about DR "customer service"

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Waiting for a wire transfer since October 15th!!! and the idiots there are telling us they can not verify it is in their system or not...

Any idea what to do?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I wired on Wednesday dollars to my dollar account here. Normally same day wire (but I normally send it to a pesos account). This time dollars to dollars and an amount above 10k. Only yesterday afternoon it was deposited in my account.

Possible reason: there are no dollars available, so if the bank can stay a while with YOUR dollars they will do it.

Contact the sending bank and ask for the routing details.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
...transfer is dollars to a peso account this time. Must be another reason. :(

Who do you talk to at the bank? When my wire didnt arrive I called on thursday and they said they didn't know anything and that I should call the sending back. Later that same day I checked my wife's junk mail box and they had sent an email on wednesday, acknowledging a wire had arrived and asking the reason for it in order to be able to clear it. I asked the lady why they couldn't see any information when we called on thursday and did actually sent an email about it on wednesday. She said that only she would receive that info for being our account manager.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A similar thing happened to me recently. A transfer from Europe that should take a few days was nowhere to be seen 3 and 4 weeks later. I was losing patience with BR until it turned out the error had been made by the source bank/person making the transfer.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We found the error what was the reason for the delay. Wasn't BR fault. What drove me crazy was their inability to give us a number to get in touch with their transfer department / checking in the system if there is something pending.

With BPD it is one phone call in a case like that and one knows what is going on...

Aug 6, 2006
I once did a wire transfer in dollars to pesos with BanReservas, with similar results. Slooooooooow as molasses, and an unfavorable exchange rate as well. I would have been better off with Xoom.

morganstern

Jun 4, 2014
My Social Security deposit...dollars to dollars....takes about 4 business days to clear and be made available at the window at BR.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"customer service" has not made it to the DR. After a while you will not expect it. You will get serviced from time to time though.