barrel shipping

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Rates From Boston/Lynn Metro AreaUsing Cesar Cargo

$75 for a small box(Called a "Dish Barrel" by moving companies),and $125 for a large box,(called a TV/microwave box by moving companies). Price includes the box,and door 2 door shipping. Sent 7 boxes since november, 30 days average shipping time. No customs,even with new desktop computer,2 flat screen 22: monitors,wireless HP printer,convection oven,all new in boxes.
cris colon
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
$75 for a small box(Called a "Dish Barrel" by moving companies),and $125 for a large box,(called a TV/microwave box by moving companies). Price includes the box,and door 2 door shipping. Sent 7 boxes since november, 30 days average shipping time. No customs,even with new desktop computer,2 flat screen 22: monitors,wireless HP printer,convection oven,all new in boxes.
cris colon
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Cris, if you use boxes be sure to ask if they do the 3 for $200 deal - most of them do, but you have to ask for the discount, they don't volunteer it.

AE

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I gave the original poster the name and phone number of a company in Florida that does a ton of deliveries to the DR.
I told her that all she has to do is get the stuff shipped to Florida (what? maybe 100 bucks, and then another 75/80 door to door), as opposed to like 200 to get it to Haina and then YOU have to pick it up??? No way Jos?!! But apparently the Word for On High is not enough, at least shehas not told me whethershe as even called Jos? to find out if what I am telling her is true.

Do you think I should have let her stew in her own juices???

HB

Thanks HB
Forgive me for checking more options ,Iam having trouble getting stuff to Miami ! dang non dominican texas lol
Plus I did not want to bother u on vacation !
Please dont let me stew ,I need all the help I can get!
Manu

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Racer and Willy: She is in Houston Freakin' Texas!!! There are not yet enough Dominicans there to merit a shipping company being established (Texas Takems Shipping? Lone Star Barrels?)
She has to get her stuff to Florida (Or New York or Chicago)and then it is a piece of cake.

HB

Hey, go easy on us Dominicans and aplatanados in Space City! We can't buy any Presidente in this city, so we can't think straight sometimes! ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
las2137: Help this gal out, man...come on, she needs to find a shipper to take her stuff to Miami real nice,and then guys like Jose will take it to her house in Cienfuegos or Villa Mella or wherever...

If you look under freight consolidators in the phone book (or even Yahoo!) they should turn up...

(Darlin', you were not bothering me!!)

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks HB
Forgive me for checking more options ,Iam having trouble getting stuff to Miami ! dang non dominican texas lol
Plus I did not want to bother u on vacation !
Please dont let me stew ,I need all the help I can get!
Manu

If it was me.... I would select a Miami shipper and work backwards.

Call the MIA shipper and ask how to get the barrel to them.

That way, they will be in the loop all the way.

I used this method with my container a few years ago...... started with the broker/customs clearance company in SDQ (Hispaniola Freight) and worked backwards to Philadelphia.
They orchestrated the pick up (incl auto) and shepherded the shipment all the way to Cabrera.

Hope this helps

WW

KIKO21

Jun 21, 2010
a person gave me a card for a company called EMBARQUE SAN MIGUEL they do door to door shipping heres their info hopefully it helps

jose ramon perez juan rodriguez danny martinez
worcester ma new brunswick nj trenton nj

774-232-5748 732-354-3210 609-994-2311

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
No we are not!

Looks like everybody I called, does not have a connection to Texas or any idea.
I did get one , shipping a barrel to Miami on a truck around 200$
So it comes down to rent a u haul ,drive to Miami ,drop my load with Jose
get on a plane !

So I want to thank everybody for their input and especially HB for steering me in the right direction.
Manu

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Must it be a barrel ?

Why not box it or whatever and Greyhound bus it to Miami with Jose's phone number.?

He picks it up and ships it.
He can put it in a barrel for you there if you want

My friend has shipped tires coast to coast on Greyhound.

Just an idea to save driving a U-Haul for 12 hours or so:paranoid:

WW

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
well

Checked the u haul site 634$ Houston to Miami lol
so now Im checking the pricefor Greyhound plus boxes lol
you got to be joking!
Manu

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you're talking about taking the bus yourself... the boxes will be your luggage - FREE !!

I'm talking about just shipping the boxes to Jose in Miami and he sends them on to RD
You fly

WW

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
right

No way in heck will I get on greyhound lol

I got it thou I load my pickup with barrels, drive 15 hours to Jose .drop
stuff, park truck in Miami , get on flight to POP ,when I get back to Miami ,truck is stolen, full coverage ins , 500 deductible
get new truck
Manu

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No way in heck will I get on greyhound lol

I got it thou I load my pickup with barrels, drive 15 hours to Jose .drop
stuff, park truck in Miami , get on flight to POP ,when I get back to Miami ,truck is stolen, full coverage ins , 500 deductible
get new truck
Manu

Don't forget to leave the keys in the ignition :pirate:

Also, I wouldn't use my own truck.... borrow a friend's:chinese:

WW