Baseball in the DR in December

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Is there any competitive baseball to watch in the DR in December?

I Will be on the North Coast in December. Willing to go to Santiago if need be.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Anyway to find the schedule for Santiago stadium in english? I was unable to find.

Also how difficult would it be to get to the stadium by the Metro bus? Is the station close/far from the stadium. What is a fair rate for a taxi? My Spanish is very minimal.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyway to find the schedule for Santiago stadium in english? I was unable to find.

Also how difficult would it be to get to the stadium by the Metro bus? Is the station close/far from the stadium. What is a fair rate for a taxi? My Spanish is very minimal.

It is a short taxi ride from Metro. Price about 250rd I would guess.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Only thing once the game is over there will not be a Metro bus available to take you back to the north coast.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Only thing once the game is over there will not be a Metro bus available to take you back to the north coast.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Make friends with a bilingual taxi driver and pay the fare to Santiago and invite him to the game so he can take you back to Puerto Plata that evening.

Or better still take the Metro to Santiago, overnight in Santiago. Next day visit the Centro Leon cultural center before taking the metro back to Puerto Plata.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
The first Caribe Tours stop is nearer the Estadio Cibao. You can all it or just take a publico 'A' to the stadium.
But I agree that the taxi befriending idea is best!
A lot of the taxistas are big 'Aguiluchos' :)