The New 1,204 Rooms Resort by Lopesan in Bávaro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The hits keep coming....................

flecha.jpg
The CEO of Lopesan spoke about the project in a meeting with Abinader and Collado
flecha.jpg
It will entail an investment of more than 233 million dollars.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Great, another 1,200 room all-inclusive which will be almost the same as all the other hotels in Bavaro. Just as we head into a world recession, dramatically more expensive air-fares and zero arrivals from Russia and Ukraine which were very important markets for Bavaro.

Reactions: keepcoming

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Great, another 1,200 room all-inclusive which will be almost the same as all the other hotels in Bavaro. Just as we head into a world recession, dramatically more expensive air-fares and zero arrivals from Russia and Ukraine which were very important markets for Bavaro.
I'll miss the Russian gals, that's for sure

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
More new resorts, Secrets is also building near the Breathless resort in Punta Cana (Uvero Alto area). It would be nice to have something unique in the area. Boutique type hotel, not AI.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is i pressive because it comes from Lopesan (which I think is one of the better AI's in Bávaro, highly recommend it). This is the first Lopesan in the DR and I think anywhere outside of Europe. The resort was completely built new. Then it open for business and the a few months later it had to close due to the pandemic. The fact they are announcing more investments means they have been doing very good since they reopen for business.

Last edited:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
This is i pressive because it comes from Lopesan (which I think is one of the better AI's in Bávaro, highly recommend it). This is the first Lopesan in the DR and I think anywhere outside of Europe. The resort was completely built new. Then it open for business and the a few months later it had to close due to the pandemic. The fact they are announcing more investments means they have been doing very good aince they reopen for business.

Either that or they need to invest some cash in a country that doesn't ask too many questions as to where it comes from. I get the impression that that goes on quite a lot in DR.