BBC News: Over 200 People Violently Killed in 10 Days

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Here is one for you. This is from a conversation with my friend the Haitian girl I mentioned before.

She told me a few days ago that she will be flying to Canada with her child.

I said "Why don't you go back to Haiti and try to fix the problems there?"

She said: "I will come back when i will know how to fix it. Right now i have to fix my self and my life first."

She also said she had to find a better life for her daughter. I suspect she may have found a sponsor or BF.

Has she given up on her country, or a realist?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Here is one for you. This is from a conversation with my friend the Haitian girl I mentioned before.

She said: "I will come back when i will know how to fix it. Right now i have to fix my self and my life first."

She also said she had to find a better life for her daughter. I suspect she may have found a sponsor or BF.

I get about the same response from the Haitianos/as I know. They have zero pounds of hope. They want to go anywhere that there is a chance to find a decent job.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

In my opinion, both.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I get about the same response from the Haitianos/as I know. They have zero pounds of hope. They want to go anywhere that there is a chance to find a decent job.
Understood.
Then in my opinion they don't deserve to have a country.
🇭🇹 should be invaded by a private army and taken over by corporate interests.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I wish she would stick around. I really like her personality and the way she looks at things. But she's way too young for me and wants to have more kids.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

What immigration status does she have in regards to entry into Canada?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I haven't the slightest idea. I only know she has a brother illegally in the states.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You actually think Haitians as a people have the skill, but more importantly the desire to organize themselves in order to set up a government that can enter the world markets and make business proposals for major infrastructure improvements.

My position is the Haitians can have a squeaky clean government and still not gain any traction because of who they are and how the nation started.

I am not aware that Haitians are not making the remittances to the people of Haiti.
To me it would be likely that they are.
The people who are out, send back to help those they know that have not been able to get out.
Remittances account for about a third or more of the money that goes into Haiti.. Ditto the DR...

My friend Nadine - born in Hinche - raised in Paul - University in the DR - now in Quebec...
told me that the idea she was raised with was that Haitians had lots of kids in the hope that one of them would make it out to send money home.

She also said that she used to see folks on her street who NEVER went to work = just waited for money to be sent home.

(trying So Very Hard to keep my posts short - In this age of Twitter)

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Don't know who you are referencing?
But my friend Nadine - when she was 30 and staying at my place in Sto Dom - went to the Canadian Embassy to look for a job. She speaks 4 languages and has a degree. The Canadian Embassy gave her a permanent visa and sent her to Quebec.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
CNN now has its top international reporter - Nick Peyton Walsh -on the ground in Paul--on the Anderson Cooper show. Pictures - each frame worth 1,000 words - are going to force the USA to at least send Tanks to the police there.... Who knows? Really I did think that there was no chance the US would intervene---
BUT
This is now a humanitarian crisis as the gangs are blocking the port and the roads on all sides.
It is a city under siege.
The US Marines operate under the direct command of the President --- (well - all the armed forces do... but the Marines are SPECIAL)
So it may well be time to send the Marines.....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
I haven't the slightest idea. I only know she has a brother illegally in the states.
Lots of Haitians here are "illegal" - and do not have even Temporary Protected Status... https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/...ary-protected-status-designated-country-haiti
The ones trying to cross into the Southern Border have been deported in large numbers.
But -
Well -
Don't know if you can get CNN national in the DR? Or whether the Haiti story was running on CNN international?
No one bothers them and they do no come to attention of the law - unless they break it.

We have a large, law abiding Haitian population here in Palm Beach County. Most of the government announcements - health, library etc - are printed in English, Spanish and Kreyole.

FL is the main Haitian population in the US
https://restavekfreedom.org/2015/09...und half the number,guessed it) New York City.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
My neighbors here - clearly upper class with perfect French... have two daughters, One is here. The other went back to Haiti and runs an ice plant which employs 24 people. She will not leave - not even to come for a vacation.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My neighbors here - clearly upper class with perfect French... have two daughters, One is here. The other went back to Haiti and runs an ice plant which employs 24 people. She will not leave - not even to come for a vacation.
Kinda supports my prior posts that only those people that have no hope for the future, that have zero forward thinking ideas, live in a cocoon, are simply wrong in their "opinions" on what is possible for Haiti.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Kinda supports my prior posts that only those people that have no hope for the future, that have zero forward thinking ideas, live in a cocoon, are simply wrong in their "opinions" on what is possible for Haiti.
The father has been here for about 30 years, I think. He left his family in Delmas (house with 3 servants) and sent money home to educated his children at the best schools there. When I met his wife - we spoke in French - she said "You know Haiti, right? Everyone thinks that all Haitians are poor . But we lived in Petionville - Delmas - have a house there. I had three servants."

I said: "oooo la la"

• Love