BBC News: Over 200 People Violently Killed in 10 Days

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
More Men With Guns will not end violence.
Yes, it will. If the men with guns are determined to stop evil.
And you suggest that more weapons be sent by the US to a government that is considered illigetime by the population?
Yes, I believe more weapons will help in a situation where people are being oppressed by criminal gangs with weapons.
Life experience on the streets of my country and others have taught me that:
You can get more with a kind word and a gun...than with just a kind word.

My favorite happens to be a Mossburg 500 series pump with 00 shells in the chamber and magazine.
Excellent for any up close social work and conflict resolution.

I will leave the big picture items to the think tanks and to the people who worked in offices.
The same people when they were at home who would call me (and those like me) when things go bump in the night.
They wanted me to come as fast I can.
And the fact that I had a gun didn't bother them one bit.
In fact, I bet they were happy that I did.

Who determines if a government is illegitimate or not?
The kid running down the street avoiding the crossfire because he ventured out to get food?

More guns, with plenty of bullets ‼️

Two to the chest, one to the head 🎯

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No amount of past repetitious history narratives and the excuses that follow them..............will ever solve the problems of Haiti. Nor will interventions accomplish the goal of righting the Haitian ship.

If history should have taught its proper lesson, then one must recognize that only the Haitian people can solve their dilemma..............however long that takes.

Gang wars, followed by a civil war, followed by several dictators, followed by a transition to some form of peaceful democratic government. They should be ready by 2121.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Very easy to take that position.
Absolves the responsibilities of the parties that "punched holes in the Haitian ship" and left it listing sailing away on the lifeboats screaming "good luck with that".
If history has shown us anything is that The Haitian people solved their problems.
But they were not allowed to join the world community.
Full Stop.

At this point the least the parties could give weapons (lots and lots of guns and bullets) and let people defend themselves.
Does everyone understand?
Haiti needs lots and lots of guns and bullets ‼️
The police are out gunned.
I am not reading articles that the police are shooting innocent people in the street.
If there are men willing to stand up and stop evil they should be given the means to do so.
Why is ok to give billions upon billions of weapons to some people in the world (read between the lines) but not others❓

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Very easy to take that position.
Absolves the responsibilities of the parties that "punched holes in the Haitian ship" and left it listing sailing away on the lifeboats screaming "good luck with that".
If history has shown us anything is that The Haitian people solved their problems.
But they were not allowed to join the world community.
Full Stop.

At this point the least the parties could give weapons (lots and lots of guns and bullets) and let people defend themselves.
Does everyone understand?
Haiti needs lots and lots of guns and bullets ‼️
The police are out gunned.
I am not reading articles that the police are shooting innocent people in the street.
If there are men willing to stand up and stop evil they should be given the means to do so.
Why is ok to give billions upon billions of weapons to some people in the world (read between the lines) but not others❓
The police shot and killed my son's older brother. Unfortunately he's not important enough to get publicity. I would not trust the police in Haiti.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The police shot and killed my son's older brother. Unfortunately he's not important enough to get publicity. I would not trust the police in Haiti.
I am sorry for you families loss.

I don't trust the police in any country, especially my country of origin.
A rap group wrote a song long ago: "**** the police".
I agreed then with it and I still agree even more so now.

But someone needs to be held accountable and right now it does not seem like that is occurring in any way shape or form in this situation.

So who should receive the guns?
Or does the world continue to let innocent people die in Haiti because the people of Haiti has never fit the image of what they think a country should be ❓

• Sad
Reactions: mountainannie

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I am sorry for you families loss.

I don't trust the police in any country, especially my country of origin.
A rap group wrote a song long ago: "**** the police".
I agreed then with it and I still agree even more so now.

But someone needs to be held accountable and right now it does not seem like that is occurring in any way shape or form in this situation.

So who should receive the guns?
Or does the world continue to let innocent people die in Haiti because the people of Haiti has never fit the image of what they think a country should be ❓
If I had a vote in this, I would send in a strike team of about 1000 seals/green berets/recon men. Find the gangs and take them out with wicked precision and speed. Then GTF out. 60 days max.

Then set elections for 6 months after. Ensure the people understand more gang violence and the strike team returns.

• Love
Reactions: jinty05

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Nan the Man.......
The police shot him??!!

After all we read about gangs being the culprits

Very sorry to hear this

Yea, I wasn't there so I'm getting this 3rd hand. But a witness who was there told the family that he was initially shot by the ladrones and when the police came, they didn't believe he was not a ladrone himself and finished him off. He was in his mid 30s with a wife and 2 boys. It's really a nasty situation.

• Sad

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Yea, I wasn't there so I'm getting this 3rd hand. But a witness who was there told the family that he was initially shot by the ladrones and when the police came, they didn't believe he was not a ladrone himself and finished him off. He was in his mid 30s with a wife and 2 boys. It's really a nasty situation.
Precisely the reason why no one country is going to rush in.
Is there any country that will rush in with money, weapons or boots on the ground when there are no clearly defined friendlies?
Unlikely.
On top of that, any plausible intervention would have to come from a country that has their own political problems that would be exacerbated by incursions into Haiti.
God help Haiti.
I fear they are on their own this time.
Fools rush in where angels never dare to tread.
Alexander Pope.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If I had a vote in this, I would send in a strike team of about 1000 seals/green berets/recon men. Find the gangs and take them out with wicked precision and speed. Then GTF out. 60 days max.

Then set elections for 6 months after. Ensure the people understand more gang violence and the strike team returns.
This is not a job for a state actor (in my opinion).
Private financial interests should take over the country using several PMCs.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

US concerned about increase in confiscated weapons bound for Haiti​

MIAMI.- US authorities expressed concern on Wednesday about the "substantial increase" in firearms trafficking from South Florida to Haiti, in addition to other Caribbean nations, a smuggling that even includes high-caliber rifles.

During a press conference in Miami, Anthony Salisbury, the special agent in charge in that South Florida city of the Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), highlighted not only the increase in the number of weapons confiscated in recent months but rather the caliber of the weapons.

Next to Salisbury, who was accompanied by representatives of several federal agencies, some of the confiscated weapons rested on some tables, among which were 50-caliber sniper rifles, which can shoot up to 1,800 meters and are priced at up to $60,000 on the black market.

“In the wrong hands, these weapons are capable of causing untold destruction. In the wrong hands, these weapons can easily cause many casualties,” warned the special agent, who did not reveal the exact number of confiscated weapons or the operations carried out in recent months due to an ongoing investigation.

He added that in previous years the seized weapons that illegally tried to reach Haiti from Florida were mostly pistols, and in a smaller number, and that the current trend that reflects an increase in quantity and caliber (confiscated weapons also include rifles automatic and machine guns) is "alarming" for the US Government.

The agent alluded to the increase in armed violence and the activity of criminal gangs in Haiti, which has merited redoubling efforts in the US to prevent high-caliber firearms from "fueling those battles."

Haiti has been going through a pressing social and political crisis since last year, when President Jovenel Moise was assassinated and shortly after suffered the ravages of a magnitude 7.2 earthquake that left more than 2,200 dead.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Haiti - Cité-Soleil : Terrifying stories of 52 women and girls victims of gang rapes (investigation)
17/08/2022 10:05:26

Haiti - Cité-Soleil : Terrifying stories of 52 women and girls victims of gang rapes (investigation)
tr.gif
During the Gang War (July 7-17, 2022) between the G-9 an Fanmi e Alye gang coalition and the "G-Pèp" coalitionof the Nan Brooklyn neighborhood, led by Gabriel Jean Pierre alias "Ti Gabriel" many abuses were committed, no one was spared. While many men who crossed paths with bandits were murdered, women and girls were systematically victims of repeated or collective rape, beaten and humiliated with great violence.

The National Network for the Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH) has identified 52 victims with whom it spoke with each of the survivors whose it reports the terrifying stories.

The purpose of the RNDDH Report is, on the one hand, to denounce these attacks and, on the other hand, to provide the police and judicial authorities with precise information relating to the circumstances in which they were perpetrated and also to provide recommendations.

More than 20 women were raped in the presence of their children. Another in the presence of her parents and two in front of their spouses, says the RNDDH in its investigation. 6 women witnessed the execution of their husband before being raped and 4 were abused while pregnant.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Regarding money sent to Haiti (in a small way). I have one Haitian worker that works my "mini farm". He is as poor as they get and I try to help as much as I can. (he told me he has been in the DR for 17 years, and only because I pressed him to tell me)

He said every cent that I pay him weekly is sent to Haiti so that his 29 year girlfriend will join him in the DR in the next couple of weeks. -Where will she live?I asked. -Same one room hovel that he lives in with his two sisters. in a batty in Juan Dolio. (Yes, JD is not all 20 story towers). Ill keep the forum posted as I learn.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

"Powerful business families in Haiti have been paying gangs to sustain the security of their trade for them. This is how some of the bigger groups like G9 have gained control over the capital's port and managed to smuggle weapons of war for themselves, some of which are more advanced than the guns that the Haitian armed forces use."

If this is true...
I just found my answer...these "powerful business families" should rein in their attack dogs.
Or have they lost control of them?
Somebody needs to find the head of these families and talk to them.
Get them to intervene.
Stop the violence and bloodshed.
Come out of the shadows and take over the country.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

"Powerful business families in Haiti have been paying gangs to sustain the security of their trade for them. This is how some of the bigger groups like G9 have gained control over the capital's port and managed to smuggle weapons of war for themselves, some of which are more advanced than the guns that the Haitian armed forces use."

If this is true...
I just found my answer...these "powerful business families" should rein in their attack dogs.
Or have they lost control of them?
Somebody needs to find the head of these families and talk to them.
Get them to intervene.
Stop the violence and bloodshed.
Come out of the shadows and take over the country.
I posted an article - probably years ago - about how the Mevs et. al. were paying gangs for protection

Stopping violence and bloodshed is a noble aim.

But are you not one of the ones advocating MORE GUNS?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Wrong. I am.

More guns and lots of bullets in the right hands will do more for the people of Haiti than all the banging on our keyboards here in DR1 combined.

I can tell you from personal experience that when handled correctly and the proper tactics applied guns can be quite useful for conflict resolution. Especially with a team of bad (insert inappropriate language of your choice here) who got your back. You can take over the world ‼️

Who are the bad guys and who are the good guys?
Clearly that depends on your perspective.

The people of Haiti are being oppressed.
On another continent the same thing is occurring to people.
Lots of guns and many different types of weapons are being sent there.

Now this is not directed at you @mountainannie...

But someone needs to tell me why one group of people deserves billions of dollars in weapons but we must simply sit back and watch the carnage that is happening in Haiti❓
Give them guns (and lots of ammunition).
Let them fight for their freedom.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants". - Thomas Jefferson

🇭🇹Go Haiti

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Stopping violence and bloodshed is a noble aim.

I have read his posting carefully...he is advocating guns to be put in the hands of those that can gain control of the guys in the black hats..the bad guys. Clearly you don't think control of this lawless society can be settled over a cup of tea?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have read his posting carefully...he is advocating guns to be put in the hands of those that can gain control of the guys in the black hats..the bad guys.
Now, it may sound like I am trigger happy.
Not at all.

There is something very important that the good guys need.
It is just as important as the guns.
Intelligence
And by that I mean information.
Who and where the bad guys are.
Otherwise you don't know when to pull the trigger.

This may be off-topic but is was only after I finished that part of my life did I realize how important the training I received was and the support people that backed me up.
There is a lot more to this than just shipping a bunch of weapons.
Advice and training can be given with overtly putting people in harms way.
Give them the tools.
Let the Haitian people resolve the problem on their own.
Isn't that what many people say?
Clearly you don't think control of this lawless society can be settled over a cup of tea?
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

Reactions: johne