BBC online Spanish beginners course

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Evans

the videos seem to get stuck on my computer when loading ....not exactly sure how much I should be taking in ....I just downloaded michel thomas learning spanish off limewire and it seems very good for the beginner once you get past the weird introduction

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Just wondering....

the videos seem to get stuck on my computer when loading ....not exactly sure how much I should be taking in ....I just downloaded michel thomas learning spanish off limewire and it seems very good for the beginner once you get past the weird introduction

JE - Are you a technophobe as well as a linguaphobe? You can't seem to get the hang of anything.......:D

Rio

J

John Evans

:rambo:I think my connection here has been very slow the last two days...things get stuck loading...is it possible for someone over 40 to learn another language if they dont have an aptitude for it...whos the oldest person thats learnt and how long did it take

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Never too old to learn...

:rambo:I think my connection here has been very slow the last two days...things get stuck loading...is it possible for someone over 40 to learn another language if they dont have an aptitude for it...whos the oldest person thats learnt and how long did it take

To be perfectly honest, although I "learnt" Spanish at school (some years ago now) I was far from proficient and it was only when I went to live in the DR - with a non-English speaking partner that I really got to grips with it.

I do not have a natural aptitude for languages :ermm: as some lucky people have and I found that it was the "sink or swim" situation that did the trick. My grammar is far from perfect and I am afraid it is a bit "slangy" but it works and all my friends seem to understand what I am saying - to me that is what matters!

JE - Go and stay with a Dominicana who speaks no English - that should do it!! ;)

Rio

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Pretty Cool,i Knew About Half The Stuff,but The Practice Is Good And Everything Is Clear,,very Helpful,,i Give It A 9...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.