Beaches are closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Beaches open, flights coming in from all the world's Covid hotbeds, kites a flying, Crocks and THC vegan burgers abound! No idea what difference a curfew makes, other than just because they can.
The curfew is done simply because they can. It will have almost zero effect on containment, or as it is called " flattening the curve".

It does help to reduce crime.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unbelievable how confused this government is. Aug 15th needs to get here quickly for the Dominican people because these people are clueless

You bring up a good point ....
Is this when the New Govt takes over ?

Maybe this is not even about Public Health,, but a Parting SHOT to PUNISH the People for not voting the way they wanted ..
Sounds Childish .. but do you really think these people CARE in their final weeks , about WHO catches Covid 19?

They would rather HURT the Economy even more , leave it a complete disaster for the next Admin.
Its as valid a theory as any other .

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
The Defensa Civil notice on beach closings that was cited above was later amended to read except in "zonas hoteleras". The current confusion is whether that just means for all inclusive hotels and their beaches or the beaches in places like Sosua and Cabarete. https://resumenturismo.com/defensa-civil-aclara-playas-de-zonas-hoteleras-permanecen-abiertas/
That is from 2 days ago. They changed it again to I believe all coastal beaches are open. Rivers are closed

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Beaches open, flights coming in from all the world's Covid hotbeds, kites a flying, Crocks and THC vegan burgers abound! No idea what difference a curfew makes, other than just because they can.

You forgot the "Everything _________" women with hairy legs.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
shame all those people had to die to try and trick this guy.
2 weeks ago while having lunch I spoke with a group of ambulance
drivers who work at the Red Cross across from the Fortaliza in Santiago.
I asked them how many Covid patients they have transported
to or from the hospital? To my surprise each of them told me they
have yet to transport a sick patient.

Sep 22, 2009
to or from the hospital? To my surprise all of them told me they
This echoes feedback I have obtained

Reactions: CristoRey

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So how is a sick person supposed to figure out where to go to get medical treatment?
CC7F19E7-68C4-4A11-9BAA-17381A1E22D7.png

Reactions: Cdn_Gringo

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Hospital’s are over flowing as per 2 family members and Harleysrock experience even the government says they are taking steps to control and make more beds available..did you see video of Santiago hospital icu unit just rolling body into body bag on floor next...Impersonally don’t know of anybody in DR who took trip in an ambulance but know many back of pick up and taxi..

Sep 22, 2009
Hospital’s are over flowing as per 2 family members and Harleysrock experience even the government says they are taking steps to control and make more beds available..did you see video of Santiago hospital icu unit just rolling body into body bag on floor next...Impersonally don’t know of anybody in DR who took trip in an ambulance but know many back of pick up and taxi..
That was not a credible source imo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is no access from the road to the beach other than thru the drive in gate and then thru the community's streets.
'
So people that they didn't want on the beach would enter the community on the street and go to the beach being allowed by the guards to enter?
And it was discovered that there was no legal way to stop those people from going to the beach?
Did they have to walk on private property to get to the beach?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You bring up a good point ....
Is this when the New Govt takes over ?

Maybe this is not even about Public Health,, but a Parting SHOT to PUNISH the People for not voting the way they wanted ..
Sounds Childish .. but do you really think these people CARE in their final weeks , about WHO catches Covid 19?

They would rather HURT the Economy even more , leave it a complete disaster for the next Admin.
Its as valid a theory as any other .

Abinader is calling the shots already....
I doubt you'll see a change on Aug 15/16....

he is instructing Danilo now

The word they use is 'harmonizing' the response to CV19

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Cant say for Santiago, but in Jarabacoa they have two designated Covid ambulances. They aren't used for anything else at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.