Beautiful dog to rescue

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
William Webster...

Just for the hell of it I decided to measure the feet of this big girl since I have no reference for feet size on cane corso.

So imagine this... this girl jumps up to play fight. I wrestle her to the ground... well she flopped over finally, wanting a belly rub. I grabbed a ruler and here are the measurements taken with my hand almost scrunching her paw. The result.... 2.5" by 2" ...approximately. Is that big or small for a 1 yr old?

I have no idea how much she weighs... feels like 200lbs to me... probably around 90 lbs really.

This pic (from the internet) gives you an idea about the size of a pure Cane Corso:)
Cane-Corso-Pictures-Facts-and-User-Reviews-2016-05-30-17-43-56.jpeg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well the fact that she is half rottie will add to the size. They can be very big. Our female in DR goes about 110 pounds, and our female in NJ is even bigger [this is the one we brought as a pup from our litter two years ago]. Her father [who we adopted from the north coast] was very tall and broad, her mother [purchased in Santo Domingo] was much smaller and had a smaller head. She's definitely her daddy's girl.

If they're spayed, they pick up a lot of weight too.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
This pic (from the internet) gives you an idea about the size of a pure Cane Corso:)
Cane-Corso-Pictures-Facts-and-User-Reviews-2016-05-30-17-43-56.jpeg

Her back his mid thigh to me. I am 5'4". could not measure the head... she was either licking my feet or wanting to jump up LOL

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Conchman came over last night and liked her.
There will be a trial run with his dogs, but mainly with his cats. I have no idea how much the Princess likes cats!
If it does not work out she will be back here.
All the best Conchman and Princessa!

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
A big thank you to all who responded. We are all trying to do what is best for the dog and the new owner!

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Conchman had a change of travel plans so could not take Princessa before he left. Bred in La Mulata took her. She is now playing with 2 other big dogs and 8 cats!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The need for exercise is very breed specific. Just because a dog is larger does not mean it needs lots of exercise. One universal is companionship. I raised and showed Stafford shire Bull Terriers in the US
For years. Very athletic dogs, could care less for exercise but had to go everywhere with me. A loving home is better than life as a guard dog on a farm.