Beaver butt smells like vanilla...who knew?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
People are always telling me that I smell good.
Now I know why......
I'm Canadian and up here we eat a lot of beaver tails.
True story.
Ask Bob Saunders, he'll attest.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Like the story of the moles in their hole in the ground. Daddy mole runs up the shaft and says "I smell honey." Momma mole slides up beside him and says "So do I." Baby mole seeing the escape shaft filled up with Mommy and Daddy says "All I smell is molasses!"

That's really funny but I haven't got a clue why..(lol)
I don't get it.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Hope nobody believes this. Vanilla is a bean. I remember reading in some idiotic magazine 15 years ago that the sugar filling than goes into Twinkies comes from underground mines!

Well, according to scopes.com it is true that vanilla and strawberry flavoring is made from castoreum, which is derived from the anal gland of beavers.

Wikipedia:

“In the United States, Castoreum has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a food additive, often referenced simply as a ‘natural flavoring’ in the product’s list of ingredients. It is commonly used in both food and beverages, especially as vanilla and raspberry flavoring.”

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Hope nobody believes this. Vanilla is a bean. I remember reading in some idiotic magazine 15 years ago that the sugar filling than goes into Twinkies comes from underground mines!

Supposedly it comes from all the wood they eat...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Well, according to scopes.com it is true that vanilla and strawberry flavoring is made from castoreum, which is derived from the anal gland of beavers.

Wikipedia:

?In the United States, Castoreum has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a food additive, often referenced simply as a ?natural flavoring? in the product?s list of ingredients. It is commonly used in both food and beverages, especially as vanilla and raspberry flavoring.?

It's a substitute for vanilla flavor.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh. i thought this post would be about disgruntled workers of justina beaver complaining about her farts after carrying her spoiled canadian nappy rash ass up the wall of china:
2e31g69.jpg

May 5, 2007
Some things just take my appetite away :cry:

Isn't there some type of very high end coffee bean that is pre digested by an animal?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Been waiting for CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC To say this or maybe Frank a dozen, but guess it is being left to me. SO I gotta say I've eaten a lot of beavers in my time and gotten my nose very close to the butt and never smelt vanilla.

dead carp with subtle undertones of chivo burp is more like it, if you ask me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it smells roughly like the fish that spent 4 days in my broken fridge before the dominican dude who take care of our house gave up and threw it out.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"It's, ALL GOOD"!!!!
Always remember my "Mantra",.......
"Once You Get Past The SMELL,....
"You Got It "LICKED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lick::lick::lick::p:p:p:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC,
"A Man For ALL Occations"!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: