Belt & Road Subterfuge in DR makes Breitbart News

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Seems there are a handful of smart people in DR who can see China is trying to sieze the DR for its own use, and not to aid Dominicans.
Beware of China - a more dishonest offer of 'help' never existed:

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...-fear-become-hostage-to-chinas-belt-and-road/
Interesting.

Can't say I've heard of the National Progressive Force.

I wonder if Caonabo or NALs or OC could describe the philosophical differences in political parties in the DR...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.

For the $600 million the Chinese gave for electrical power won't even upgrade the North Coast. Just look at how much the new power plants built by Odebrecht cost. Heck that even cost $40 million in bribes, much of which went to one of the presidential candidates now running

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Many news items make Breibart news. Many are not true.. just saying

The Chinese are screwing many countries. This is well known and it is very true. The DR is very likely to become a victim as well. Also, just sayin'...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Country A is solely responsible for the consequences when they choose to hop into bed with Country B.

Feb 7, 2007
Interesting.

Can't say I've heard of the National Progressive Force.

I wonder if Caonabo or NALs or OC could describe the philosophical differences in political parties in the DR...

You haven't??? "Los Vinchos" ?? Never heard about them?

Btw FNP ran Migracion when you and I applied for residency ... Jose Ricardo Taveras... one of the few civilians who ever ran Migracion.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
What's the end game? How does the biggest country in the world benefit from doing this with the smallish DR?

The DR is just a pawn. The endgame is more access and control of resources and markets in North America. China invested heavily in the Alberta tar sands. The Trans mountain pipeline just cleared its last legal hurdle. The $7 billion pipeline from Alberta to the BC Coast will now proceed. China will be able to produce their own oil in Alberta, send it to tidewater by pipeline, and ship it directly to China in their own ships. A source of relatively cheap and secure oil is now available to them. The UK just decided to use Huawei for part of their new 5G network despite US concerns about security. Canada hasn’t made a decision yet but I’m betting they will go the same route as the UK. The Chinese invented the death of a thousand cuts and its one of their foreign policy standard operating procedures.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Many news items make Breibart news. Many are not true.. just saying

You sound like my young (his excuse) nephew. Take a shot at Breitbart without pointing out any error in the article. I guess you trust that stalwart in broadcasting CNN...jajajajaja

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You haven't??? "Los Vinchos" ?? Never heard about them?

Btw FNP ran Migracion when you and I applied for residency ... Jose Ricardo Taveras... one of the few civilians who ever ran Migracion.
Never paid much attention.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What's the end game? How does the biggest country in the world benefit from doing this with the smallish DR?

A way to exploit trade using DR ports. A way to exploit mineral rights. A way to bring in more cheap Chinese crap and tech.. China is doing that and much more and worse in many smallish countries.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A way to exploit trade using DR ports. A way to exploit mineral rights. A way to bring in more cheap Chinese crap and tech.. China is doing that and much more and worse in many smallish countries.

An evil country with greedy people. But I think it will not end well for them, as many countries are already regretting accpeting any help from them