Belt & Road Subterfuge in DR makes Breitbart News

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015

I say the usual suspects of the MSM...It's interesting but according to what some say here about China, those same accusations fit very nicely with what the IMF, World Bank and other western institutions have done around the world...guess what do the following list of countries have in common...USA, Canada , Chile, Brazil, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Haiti, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany,Spain Austria Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, Angola, Gambia, Tanzania, Israel, KSA, Turkey...this list is not exhaustive..

China has invested in them...I guess the world is full of idiots...
If you need links just let me know...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I say the usual suspects of the MSM...It's interesting but according to what some say here about China, those same accusations fit very nicely with what the IMF, World Bank and other western institutions have done around the world...guess what do the following list of countries have in common...USA, Canada , Chile, Brazil, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Haiti, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Germany,Spain Austria Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, Angola, Gambia, Tanzania, Israel, KSA, Turkey...this list is not exhaustive..

China has invested in them...I guess the world is full of idiots...
If you need links just let me know...

And the US (companies) have invested a lot more in China.
China's motives are evil

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

World history is rife with examples of countries exploiting other countries and cultures under the guise of Imperialism or Manifest Destiny. The British exploitation of India is a classic example. The Chinese are firm believers in Hegemony, the dominance of other countries. They have three things culturally that will help them achieve their objective. A massive population with phenomenal buying and selling power. Everyone wants access to Chinese markets. That gives China an edge over other countries. The Chinese population is under the heel of a small elite group of leaders. Human and political rights in China are virtually nonexistent making it easy for the elite to achieve their domination objectives. They are an old culture with patience, much older than North American culture which is now an instant gratification culture. There is a Chinese saying, “A man will sit for a long time with his mouth open before a bird flies in it”. In other words, all can be achieved with patience. With the advent of the Cold War, China immediately set out to protect it’s population and survivability. The Chinese government built massive shelters in their major cities and are capable of getting millions of people to safety in the event of a nuclear attack, thus ensuring their ability to continue their race. They are here in massive numbers and they are not going away.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Enslavement. Exploitation. Discrimination. Violence. Forced removal. Genocide.

Despite inhabiting America for thousands of years, Native Americans faced all of this and more at the hands of America’s white settlers and the state’s government itself.

Not mentioning capturing slaves from Africa to exploit.

That was evil behaviour.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

Despite inhabiting America for thousands of years, Native Americans faced all of this and more at the hands of America’s white settlers and the state’s government itself.

That was evil behaviour.

The genocide inflicted on Native Americans by European settlers is known as, “The White Man’s Burden”. It was repeated in the DR with the arrival of Columbus and done under the guise of converting the aboriginals to Christianity. Evil with the Cross leading the way.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

That was evil behaviour.

The genocide inflicted on Native Americans by European settlers is known as, “The White Man’s Burden”. It was repeated in the DR with the arrival of Columbus and done under the guise of converting the aboriginals to Christianity. Evil with the Cross leading the way.

Of course. I expected this type of dialog. Very relevant to this thread. All this and more indeed.

Some like to think about history, some like to look at the future, and others focus on what is happening now that could be a real problem in the DR.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The economic power of an influx of Chinese money is impressive. As British control of Hong Kong came closer to being turned over to the Chinese government, many Hong Kong residents hedged their bets and bought massive amounts of real estate in Vancouver Canada to ensure they had a safe haven from the draconian Chinese regime. They tore down good homes and built mansions on postage stamp lots. Certain numbers are unlucky in Chinese culture so they had the municipal address numbers changed. The end result was a sky rocketing real estate market and multi-million dollar prices for houses that normally sold for three or four hundred thousand dollars. Once they established their base, they left their kids in Canada and returned to Hong Kong to pursue their financial goals. Housing for the average Canadian in Vancouver is now unaffordable. It would be interesting to see if an influx of Chinese to the DR would result in a heated real estate market but I don’t think that will happen.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015

That was evil behaviour.

Native Americans did all of that to each other plus ritual sacrifice on a mass industrial scale. And "Americans" did not capture slaves in Africa they traded for them. Also you do realize that 20 times more slaves were shipped to the Caribbean and S. America vs. USA. This has nothing to do with China.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Native Americans did all of that to each other plus ritual sacrifice on a mass industrial scale. And "Americans" did not capture slaves in Africa they traded for them. Also you do realize that 20 times more slaves were shipped to the Caribbean and S. America vs. USA. This has nothing to do with China.

Actually the Chinese were real slave traders. During the Tang dynasty allowed enslavement of criminals and foreigners. Some of the people they imported as slaves (many as sex slaves) were Turks, Persians, and Korean women, who were sought after by the wealthy and from the now Vietnam were eroticized.
Africans were brought in as slaves and continue to be poorly treated in China and openly discriminated against.

This is from a blog by a black man living there:

"China is a country plagued by racism.

To be Black or African in China is to be labeled unintelligent, dangerous, unattractive, or to see an empty seat next to you on a crowded subway.

To deny any acts of neo-colonialism in its dealings with African countries, China has, in recent years, repeatedly said it views them as partners, not recipients of charity.

But this is not consistent with the way China treats African and Black people.

The 2018 CCTV gala, an annual variety show, showed us that China views Africa as a helpless place in desperate need of China’s altruism.

During the Spring Festival broadcast, which draws 800 million viewers, a Chinese woman parades on stage in blackface wearing a prosthetic butt and chest".

Here’s the link

https://www.inkstonenews.com/opinion/black-panther-what-it-be-black-china/article/2136990

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Agreed. Zero to do with China ... But there are always people who like to chime in with "It happens everywhere" or Everybody does it" like the World Bank ,etc. NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD AT ALL.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
China in DR..... back on topic please

Are Chinese still being allowed to land here having come in from China or having passed through there ?

You have to wonder if the people who are working or visiting Immigration in SD are at risk and wearing masks or even allowed to wear them ?

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Are Chinese still being allowed to land here having come in from China or having passed through there ?

You have to wonder if the people who are working or visiting Immigration in SD are at risk and wearing masks or even allowed to wear them ?

Probably very few since the outbreak....if any. Have not heard the DR say no entrance if recently in China though.

Duece

Mar 11, 2004
Here is what scares me. Last week I read where China was interested in building Free Zones on the Haitian border. So if that is true it would be like a giant sandwich from Santo Domingo to the border and they will eat everything in between.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Here is what scares me. Last week I read where China was interested in building Free Zones on the Haitian border. So if that is true it would be like a giant sandwich from Santo Domingo to the border and they will eat everything in between.

Why free zones ? So they can import more of their poor quality crap without taxes ? I am sure they can already pay off the aduanas to get their cheap products flooding into DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

A good point.

Why free zones ? So they can import more of their poor quality crap without taxes ? I am sure they can already pay off the aduanas to get their cheap products flooding into DR

To take advantage of many aspects of trade agreements, utilize local and regional resources, transhipment points, etc.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have tried to point this out about the Chinese and how they make loans that they expect countries to default on and have great interest in taking over shipping ports world wide. I noticed a very large percentage of Chinese people at Migracion apply for residency. There is definitely a game "afoot".

The DR is likely to fall prey to the Chinese like other developing and corrupt nations have. It is not a matter of if the Chinese will screw the DR, but how much China will screw the DR. Hopefully we will get an improved electrical power infrastructure out of it.

They are very smart and have long term plans to spread their influence, control, and sovereignty all over the world. You just have to look at what they are doing in the South China Sea, where they are currently using hundreds of dredgers at the same time on different reefs, to make islands out of them. Its called the 9 dash line plan. They plan on using these islands not to claim fishing rights or navigational rights, but to claim that this is legal territory of China (they have already claimed this for 100 years) and thereby control all traffic through the S. China Sea where currently 1/3rd of all shipping passes. Of course they cannot implement this until they get hegemony of the Pacific via their Navy, so they have a long way to go, but their first aircraft carrier will be functional soon and they are installing anti-ship missile bases and military landing strips on these fake islands, as we speak. In a few years US aircraft carriers will not be able to pass these islands due to their missile capabilities. WW3 will start here, I am convinced. Its just a matter of when.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They are very smart and have long term plans to spread their influence, control, and sovereignty all over the world. You just have to look at what they are doing in the South China Sea, where they are currently using hundreds of dredgers at the same time on different reefs, to make islands out of them. Its called the 9 dash line plan. They plan on using these islands not to claim fishing rights or navigational rights, but to claim that this is legal territory of China (they have already claimed this for 100 years) and thereby control all traffic through the S. China Sea where currently 1/3rd of all shipping passes. Of course they cannot implement this until they get hegemony of the Pacific via their Navy, so they have a long way to go, but their first aircraft carrier will be functional soon and they are installing anti-ship missile bases and military landing strips on these fake islands, as we speak. In a few years US aircraft carriers will not be able to pass these islands due to their missile capabilities. WW3 will start here, I am convinced. Its just a matter of when.

China has always been very imperialistic. My Chinese Daughter in law convinced me of this.