Best & Safest Way From Bayahibe to Santo Domingo

Helly

Apr 26, 2005
Hi
i'm going to stay in bayahibe for a week (november 6th to the 13th) and i'm planning a day trip to Santo Domingo.
now i don't know what the best way is to get there
i want it to be safe of course and sort of quick
any advice will be appreciated!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure your hotel will offer such a trip.

They provide nice Air conditioned buses for the trip and make stops in La Romana and one other place...

HB :D:D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Helly said:
Hi
i'm going to stay in bayahibe for a week (november 6th to the 13th) and i'm planning a day trip to Santo Domingo.

Safe and real quick is to hire a car and driver for the day but it won't be as cheap probably as the tourist oriented day trip offered by your hotel (and I am sure by every hotel in the south shore).

Helly

Apr 26, 2005
i should be more specific
the reason why i'm taking this trip is to meet my sponsored child
so i won't be taking any tours :ermm:
the organization provides me with a translater but i need to find my way to santo domingo and back
i was looking into taking a taxi but that's really expensive :cry:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In that case, just get into La Romana and tell the driver to take you to the bus stop that goes to Santo Domingo.

Buses leave every 15 minutes or so for Santo Domingo. Always ask for an EXPRESO bus.

In Santo Domingo you will have to hire a taxi to find your sponsored child.

Have the translator do the talking.

HB :D:D:D

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
some directions...

From Bayahibe take a taxi to Transporte Asomiro bus station in La Romana, 500 pesos. Just asked the last taxi driver I used there.

Ticket from La Romana to Santo Domingo, 105 pesos p/p, departs every 30 minutes. Ask them to leave you in Plaza Lama in Av. Duarte where there are plenty of taxis you can use.

Taxi from Plaza Lama to wherever you go will be from 100 to 200 pesos.

In the way back, ask the taxi to leave you in Parque Enriquillo, tell him you are going in Transporte Asomiro to La Romana and do not get out of the taxi until you are sure he found it (Parque Enriquillo is a very messy and not so nice place to be alone in).

Total is around 1600 pesos (about 50 dollars for one person). Now, I hope you speak some spanish or have your interpreter with you all the time.

Jess

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Jess

You filled in all the blank spaces of my post. I am going to cut and save this for future reference.

HB :p:p

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
You are more than welcome... I forgot the EXPRESO bus thing... it has air conditioning and if lucky, a movie in english ;)

Good luck!

Jess

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Helly said:
yeah
expensive in $

No, you missed the point. What do you think , in $, expensive is? $200? $50?

BTW per the PM, asking someone at the resort to haggle for you in Spanish because you cannot, is a good way to overpay since there will be a cut for the guy sure as shooting. Do it yourself.

MTilo

Nov 26, 2019
Is there no Bus Services Directly from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo? Does this Bus have Toilets?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Is there no Bus Services Directly from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo? Does this Bus have Toilets?

Usually the buses do not have toilets. However, depending on the line and the route length they will make "pit stops" for necessities. Wise to carry your own toilet tissue as it may not be available at some locations.

Regards,

PJT

Spectre

Jan 2, 2020
Hi

The bus to bayahibe is only three times a day: 7am, 12, 5pm.

There is also a bus from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo which is operated at the same time.