Best Business in the DR

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
A well organized operation and work as a madam. That could work here. Places like Bavaro and Sosua could probably benefit from a really well organized whore house.
A suttle one. Not a dance club, or a raunchy bar but a quiet, clean operation.
If I get bored this year look for it in Bavaro or Uvero Alman
there are a few in bavaro already.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I would sell horse hair the girls love extensions. they always find money the horse hair... sell it in a mobile van aka brinks truck with guards and drive it everywhere.. you will make a killing.... no rent

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I would sell horse hair the girls love extensions. they always find money the horse hair... sell it in a mobile van aka brinks truck with guards and drive it everywhere.. you will make a killing.... no rent
Great idea.
Looking into it right now.
1. Import Hair from China
2. Buy used armored car
3. Hire Security
4. Hire Driver
5. Hire Sales force
6. Find a place to park safely each night.

💵💵bills ya'll get the 💰

Actually, I know I guy who funds his vacations to 🇩🇴 by importing hair.
It is a great business‼️

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Great idea.
Looking into it right now.
1. Import Hair from China
2. Buy used armored car
3. Hire Security
4. Hire Driver
5. Hire Sales force
6. Find a place to park safely each night.

💵💵bills ya'll get the 💰

Actually, I know I guy who funds his vacations to 🇩🇴 by importing hair.
It is a great business‼️
I know a girl who has a shop is killing it.... there's is always money for horse hair for beautification',,,, we can add those horrible fake eyelashes...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oil Change and tire shop with ample room and real trained staff.
Oil is 3 times the cost of the same product in the US
Or just an store that sells oil by gallon or quart

Figure a way to import Mobil 1 full synthetic buying it at $9/quart in the US and getting it here and charging what the shops here do -1200 pesos a quart, over 3 times the price

Tug7777

Mar 17, 2018
A well organized operation and work as a madam. That could work here. Places like Bavaro and Sosua could probably benefit from a really well organized whore house.
A suttle one. Not a dance club, or a raunchy bar but a quiet, clean operation.
If I get bored this year look for it in Bavaro or Uvero Alto.
Such as Black beards Bizz model !

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
One recently created Dominican business (2018) is The Butcher Shop. It has been a success (the level of success has been a surprise to the founder herself) and while still in expansion mode, stores are available for now only in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana (Blue Mall). Dominicans are demanding a store in Santiago, so perhaps that will be the closest one to Sosúa-Cabarete, which has one of the largest expats population in the country. Perhaps Sosúa-Cabarete will get its own store in the future (or maybe Puerto Plata). For expats in La Romana and Punta Cana/Bavaro areas their closest store is in Blue Mall Punta Cana.

Gladys Taveras, founder of The Butcher Shop. (Spanish)

One of the stores (scroll left to see each photo): http://www.grupohcr.com.do/portfolio-bsah.html#

Their largest store (Av Enriquillo, Santo Domingo): https://arquitexto.com/2021/10/the-butcher-shop/

The founder isn't someone from a rich family or anything of the sort. She was born into a very humble family, the first one in her family that graduates from a university (APEC), etc. She herself says that she heard people say that such a nice store couldn't be created by a Dominican, that if it was created by a Dominican it was a foreign franchise brought to the country, and they assume whomever created it was a man.

Last edited:

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
wow
One recently created Dominican business (2018) is The Butcher Shop. It has been a success (the level of success has been a surprise to the founder herself) and while still in expansion mode, stores are available for now only in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana (Blue Mall). Dominicans are demanding a store in Santiago, so perhaps that will be the closest one to Sosúa-Cabarete, which has one of the largest expats population in the country. Perhaps Sosúa-Cabarete will get its own store in the future (or maybe Puerto Plata). For expats in La Romana and Punta Cana/Bavaro areas their closest store is in Blue Mall Punta Cana.

Gladys Taveras, founder of The Butcher Shop. (Spanish)

One of the stores (scroll left to see each photo): http://www.grupohcr.com.do/portfolio-bsah.html#

Their largest store (Av Enriquillo, Santo Domingo): https://arquitexto.com/2021/10/the-butcher-shop/

The founder isn't someone from a rich family or anything of the sort. She was born into a very humble family, the first one in her family that graduates from a university (APEC), etc. She herself says that she heard people say that such a nice store couldn't be created by a Dominican, that if it was created by a Dominican it was a foreign franchise brought to the country, and they assume whomever created it was a man.
wow very nice. In the depression in Canada in the 30's we had an uncle who always did very very well as a butcher catering to the rich families in Hamilton, ontario

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I would actually recommend that whole heartedly versus starting a business here as an illegal alien.
Well, there you go again. That hat must be really worn out. Here's a case example: I'm fairly certain I am aware of a handful of gringos who had purchased land in Casa Linda and built their homes by hiring Guzman attorneys and "legally" creating a Dominican Business Corporation solely for the purpose of this transaction. Following this logic, there are instances where one may legally have a Dominican Business Corporation without residency or citizenship, unless that law has changed, which could be the case, but I'm fairly certain it hasn't. Run on sentence, yes!